[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to drop out of college?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: wm4wr5.jpg (23KB, 512x307px) Image search: [Google]
wm4wr5.jpg
23KB, 512x307px
Is it okay to drop out of college?
>>
Probably not.

What do you want to go into?
>>
>>17852526

Depends. If live in the States and had to get a loan, then no. At least try to walk out with something to show for it.
>>
It is if you are not interested in whatever you're studying and only accumulating debt.
>>
Yes. College isn't for everyone and there really is no shame in it. College isn't the end all be all situation people like to say.

Tho if you're like one semester away, just try your best to force out the last 3-4 months. You don't HAVE to get a career in the field you majored in. Even if you're an English major, you can still become President of a small company.
>>
If you asked at any point in the last 60 years or so probably would be no

But now is the best time to if you don't want to get debt and a degree everyone else has

Who a employer gonna take
Someone that's been honing their skills for 4 years or someone with a piece of paper everyone else has

Stand out don't blend in, that's what gets you hired
>>
I had little motivation and was lazy in college
Ended up dropping and out exploring the IT field and getting certified
>>
File: girlswhocode.png (311KB, 652x669px) Image search: [Google]
girlswhocode.png
311KB, 652x669px
Traditional education is a complete joke and something else will take its place within a few decades. Online education is exploding as we speak.

Imo it's a complete waste of money, especially if you're an amerifat and/or studying something completely useless (arts, womens studies, etc). If you're going to go to college, study some useful science/math. Even then, there are many online alternatives, especially in the realm of computer science/programming. You can learn programming, build your portfolio with projects, and get a job easily (if you're not lazy).
>>
>>17852634
Kek shit advice what are you going to do when HR automatically filters out resumes without a degree? You going to bust in there like a movie and slam it on his desk?

Life isn't a movie. Some fields you could get away with it but as the bachelor becomes the new high school diploma it will be harder and harder for those without a degree and experience to compete.
>>
File: image.png (465KB, 861x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
465KB, 861x430px
>>17854107
>You going to bust in there like a movie and slam it on his desk?

Something like that
>>
>>17854115
Clever, did it work?

Let's be real that isn't going to be effective as we all would like to think.
>>
>>17854123
Hey if you're already going to spend $80 on an application fee might as well jack it up to $180.

Every bit counts now in this carousel of insanity known as college admissions
>>
if you're over 2-3 into your degree, finish it out or switch so a similar degree. having a 4 year degree is better than having a handful of credits, $30K of debt and nothing to show for it

if under 2 years, look into transferring first. sometimes your college is shit. a change of scenery can do wonders.

not finishing college isn't the end, but not having a plan for post dropout is worse
>>
As long as you're going into a trade
>>
>>17854123
He got 10 interviews and landed a job

I just put myself in the shoes of the hirer
If I'm looking at 100 applications and they all have a degree with little to no experience but one has a 4 year experience head start and a filled portfolio, degree or not, I'm going to want to see him

The best option would probably be to go to school while building your career on the side but you would have to weigh that against the benefit of all the free time you would have without college to build your experience.

It definitely takes a certain kind of individual and probably not reccomendable advice to most of the population but to say it's not an effective strategy would be a lie
>>
>>17853754
This
>>
>>17854107
Bachelor degrees are becoming less and less relevant... at least when it comes to computer science. Most people straight out of a compsci cannot even write fizzbuzz (an extremely simple algorithm) during an interview.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.