[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is business for me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 18.jpg (27KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
27KB, 620x350px
Hello Anons,

I'm creating this thread to gain the opinions of others to see if the business world is for me. When I say this, I mean is there a profitable role in the business world that is tailored to my skill set and there's a good chance of me making profits.

The reason why I'm asking this question is because for the past one to two years, I have been searching for a side business venture. I currently work as a full time police officer and serve in my nation's military part time.

Often times on my days off I feel like I could be making extra money. I already put overtime in both of my jobs and have enough time to do other social/recreational things (i.e. friends, girlfriend, working out, going out etc). I guess you can say I'm looking for another hobby/skill to spice my life up a little bit and at the same time make some money.

I'm not your typical anon looking for some quick get rich scheme. I'm fairly comfortable with life and with what I make/do. Though what I am looking for is something more that's on the side, that's interesting to learn and can make an extra couple bucks a month. I'd figure something in the business world could possibly fulfill that. Hence why I've been looking.

I'm also not a "NEET". I have a major in Criminology and a minor in Social Work. I've also had the opportunity to train at the international level with other military's in terms of tactical training. I volunteer time to time with my nearby community center and have enrolled in additional courses offered by external companies (i.e. conflict resolution).

The catch is that I try to be business minded and have been told growing up. So far I've been relatively smart with my money and save most of the time (60k+ saved and no debts). At the same time, I'm horrible with math and numbers. I've looked into business education but majority of it doesn't seem interesting to learn.

To be continued below. Thank you for reading this so far, it mean's a lot.
>>
Continuation.

Though I find the /biz board particularly entertaining and intriguing. It's cool to see the business community interact and talk about various topics. I guess you can say I'm interested in money making but it's harder than it sounds.

I've consider stocks, e-commerce, real estate and running my own business. Though I don't find that interest spark when I look into those ventures. Futhermore, I also can't think of what skills I could use that would want a customer to buy in. As you read most of my skills is within the law enforcement sector (fitness, tactical, public speaking etc).

I'm not going to ramble on further but to end off, my great grandfather was a great business man. He owned his own sand and gravel company and owned multiple properties. I thought moving forward, someone in my family should follow in his footsteps in some way or another.

So anons, is business for me? If so, any suggestions on what to look into? If not, then please let me know!
>>
>>17852336
> I'm horrible with math and numbers
This should generally disqualify e-commerce and own business (unless your idea is so great that there is barely any need for that and you can afford someone doing it for you... which is very unlikely)

Stocks is pretty much educated gambling that requires research and technical analysis, specially when it comes to short term trading. Investing is pretty slow and almost as boring as putting money in a bank but if you diversified your shit well enough, it's basically free cash.

It's generally interesting once you passed the learning curve ... if you like reading political and business news it's worth a try, just be reasonable and don't waste more than 1-10k

Real estate is almost idiot proof but requires a high initial investment, so you're forced to take it serious from the get go.

To answer the initial question, there is nothing really tailored for your skills but most things are open game if you're not an idiot (as the degrees suggest) or/and have some money to burn. Obviously, if you want to do something really shady, it'd open another world of easy money but that doesn't sound like your main motivation either way.
>>
>>17852383
OP here, thanks for reading and the pointers! I'm not into politics and in terms of business reading sometimes it can get a little confusing as there is so much to read. For real estate, where I live especially the market is way too high right now.

Though I was thinking about a dropshipping business (ecommerce) as I heard it's easy to do. Other than that I was also thinking about a fitness social media business. I would mainly sell apparel, workout routines and meal plans to my following (i.e. Instagram and twitter). Thoughts?
>>
>>17852336
Disclaimer: I've never owned a business.

That said, from my readings I would guess that organizing people is the most valuable skill a businessman can have. If you can convince people to work for your goals, you don't need to actually know much at all. I would guess that you know how to organize people and set goals.

Find a need in your community and fill it at a price. Or try to create a need.
>>
>>17852469
Yea you could do that but it has to be marketed right
Use your military background but that's been done a lot so you'd have to find a new interesting way to creatively market it

For some people that's fun
>>
>>17852469
>I would mainly sell apparel, workout routines and meal plans to my following (i.e. Instagram and twitter).
If you think there is a large enough market that would pay off the running costs and even has the potential for growth, why the fuck not.

Though for it to be profitable, you'd need to spend some time with numbers, research for best suppliers, most efficient ways of delivery, legal crap in case something goes wrong, considering whether advertisement would be worth it or whether it can run on the word of mouth alone and the likes.

The start will be pretty tedious but it might work out better than expected or fail horribly; there are enough stories of experienced business owners starting dozens of new ones and all going to shit while some new guy hit the right niche. Chance is an important factor too. If you like the idea, you should definitely give it a try.
>>
>>17852534
Thanks for the pointers, much appreciated. I've been suggested to think about opening up a gym. What about that, is it doable part time?
>>
>>17852551
Sounds pretty tricky, for it to work you'd need to invest fuckloads into rent, equipment, promotion and staff. Perhaps if you know that the location has a market for a gym and got couple friends who'd be willing to help on mostly voluntary basis at start.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.