[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Love or happiness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1454231986930.gif (510KB, 700x827px) Image search: [Google]
1454231986930.gif
510KB, 700x827px
How much compromise is too much? Where do you draw the line? And once that line has been crossed, how are you supposed to end an otherwise loving relationship?

S/O compromised to accept a no-kids policy, I compromised to accept small town life with no opportunity. These are big things. I hate to know I'm depriving S/O of having a beautiful family and I hate knowing that my career options are forever limited. I want to break up so we can both live our lives to our full potential rather than doing this dance, but we're still in love. Neither are happy, but it seems foolish to throw away a loving 10 year relationship when there isn't even any fighting involved. It's a weird feeling. What would you do? And if you'd break up, how would you get over the guilt of breaking the heart of somebody who loves you to the ends of the earth?
>>
You obviously are answering your own questions, friend. Never compromise with big life decisions. I say, live the only life you will ever get, instead of giving it to someone who may someday not be part of it.
>>
>>17852297

Thanks for your input friend. I just wish others had some similar experiences they could share. I hate seeing all the threads on here from people who are still torn up from a heartbreak 3, 5, 10 years later.
>>
Neither of you are happy and the point of life is to be happy. Love can make you happy. But in this case it isn't.

You see all those threads of unhappy people because happy people sure as shit don't come on here to complain about how happy they are.
>>
Ideally they shouldn't be mutually exclusive, its an unfortunate reality that they are
>>
>>17852234
compromise only works for a little while with these kinds of huge decisions. You two have like, huge ideological differences. You're starting to realize that they can't be surmounted.
>>
Op, I'm in the same situation right now but because of different reasons. I guess it's better to just end the relationship rather than you end up hating each other.
>>
>>17852557
I feel the same friend. I've been with my gf/best friend for over 5 years. I love her to bits, but there are so many differences... I don't want to go into details, but I get you bro. It's so hard when you love each other so much, yet you know you'll probably both be better off separate. Shitty feeling, shit, shit shitty
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.