[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Dihybrid_cross.svg.png (45KB, 403x579px) Image search: [Google]
Dihybrid_cross.svg.png
45KB, 403x579px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mendelian_inheritance#Law_of_Independent_Assortment

Teach me please. What does the green squared cat mean? Will she have the most refined genes and thus be the better cat of the litter? Does this apply to humans?
>>
It means she has gotten only recessive genes from her parents, resulting in showing recessive traits. These are not per say better than dominant traits, only more rare. In this scenario it is about fur colour.
You could apply this to humans in the sense of passing on hair or eye colour for example. But also genetic diseases. So it is good or bad depending on the genes you are looking at.
>>
>>17852044
How much can a gene test cost and can I use it on my grandparents? how about my dead grandparents if they still have a shred of DNA left in their bones?

I'm curious to know all the possible combinations I could have gotten.
>>
>>17852044
It's also about the length of the tail, long or short
>>
>>17852035
bit different for humans though
>>
>>17852064
>>I'm curious to know all the possible combinations I could have gotten.
I'm not even certain a regular hard drive can contain that information. The diagram here is the most default simplest interaction and only for one or two alleles.
>>
>>17852035
This model of genetics is a bit too simple to >>17852064
describe all possible combinations of genes. What you're asking isn't feasable.

If you're interested beyond some /pol/ tier notions of purity/superiority, take a genetics class.
>>
>>17852064
>>17852262
I wiki'ed it and you'd need about 8 thousand terabytes (or 8 petabytes). That is about 1/10th of the largest data storage device ever made.
>>
ss=long tail
Ss=short tail
SS= Short tail
-S dominant to s (short tail dominant to long)

bb=white
Bb=Brown
BB=Brown
B dominant to b (Brown dominant to white)

ta-da.
>>
>>17852035
I myself need to learn how this chart works for my exam on biology.
>>
>>17852762
If you can't figure out a simple Punnett square, you might be retarded
>>
>>17852035
Just mean ultra rare holographic recessive kitty. Could be good or bad depending on the trait.
>>
File: Gandalf Meme.png (2MB, 1319x650px) Image search: [Google]
Gandalf Meme.png
2MB, 1319x650px
>>17852035
> Will she have the most refined genes
"Refined genes" is a meaningless term, like having the most Tuesday applesauce, or making America great again.

> better cat of the litter
Define better. I kept my cat because it purred, not its color.

If you want a barn cat to catch mice, you don't want something nice. You want a mean tornado that will kill a mouse before it can blink.

A bird is not superior to a fish because it can fly. A fish is not superior because it has gills. Both are adapted for their environments.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.