[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go off the pill?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

Mainly aimed at other femanons.
I've been on the pill for about a year (been sexually active for about that long too), and over that time I've been gaining weight and feeling really, really depressed. I've tried other pill brands, with the same result, and in the time difference between pills (i.e. When I wasn't on the pill) I felt really great and positive.

My boyfriend and I also use condoms, very carefully.
What should I do?
>>
>>17851956
Why are you doing both? If you are using the pill correctly you don't need condoms.
>>
Talk to your doctor about it, they'll give you some others to try until you find one that works for you. It's a common problem.

Or research other contraceptives with better reliability than condoms.
>>
Also yea. Get the shot.
>>
>>17851959
He's really, really paranoid about pregnancy (which is weird, since I would get an abortion anyway).
>>
>>17851965
See
>>17851964
As a paranoid person I only need to see you take the shot ever 3months or so. No did you take your pill bs.
>>
>>17851970
It's not a lack of trust, it's a 'what if it fails' type mentality
>>
>>17851973
Just have a baby stop being so selfish
>>
You are in can't leave your house because of increased risk of death territory if he actually trusts you.
Unless he is watching you take the pill every morning the shot should give him more confidence that you didn't "change your mind" and quit birth control.
>>
>>17851984
What?
>>
>>17851991
If you can't parse that I'd wear a Condom too.
>>
>>17851984
Why on earth would I change my mind about having children? I'm 18, I don't really want children, but even if I did not for a long while.
>>
>>17851965
>which is weird, since I would get an abortion anyway

reeeeee babby killer
>>
>>17851956
Maybe try getting the asshot? Depo shot or something.
I've been on the pill for a while and I've noticed that like chunks come out during my period. Like larger than a blood clot, clearly uterus lining.
>>
>>17851965
Congrats on being sold the lie you should kill your baby so you can watch the Kardashians and go clubbing still.
You're not a good person and you could never be if you get an abortion.
The only reason I'm not against it is because it keeps shitty people like you from having shitty kids.
>>
If the pill fucks you up mentally, stop taking it. My life has very much improved since.

There are other ways to prevent pregnancy aside from hormones. Once you are off the pill, read up on NFP, track your cycle and don't have sex when you are too close to ovulation, condoms on all other days. Make no exceptions, even if you're horny as fuck. There are other ways to get off.
>>
>>17851956
>What should I do?
Combine condoms with the thermal method. Despite being NFP, it has a pearl index (failure rate) that is almost as safe as the pill. Combined with condoms just as safe.

Condoms alone have a TERRIBLE pearl index of a 2-12 % failure rate, depending on study.
>>
>>17851965
Wow, you are an evil person.
>>
>>17852013
Cause a lot women do, cause they want a provider and not work. Especially poor women though.
>>
I'm a guy, but I have a lot of sex and dating experiences.

My last LTR was four years. When we first started dating, she was on the pill. Great sex daily, no worries about impregnation.

After about a year she started to put on weight, was constantly anxious and depressed, and just didn't feel like a woman anymore.

We realized it was her hormones, and she dropped the pill.

After a few months she was back to her normal self. We switched to condoms. You could always get a non-hormonal IUD, those are the best birth controls around at the moment.

It's not smart to mess with your hormones unless it's necessary. You have other options that won't make your mental state hell.

They tried male hormonal birth control and they found it makes men anxious, depressed, tired, and not even in the mood for sex. Tons of women report this, so why do we still prescribe hormonal birth control to women?

There's even some claims that if you start dating someone while on hormonal BC, if you drop the pill you may realize you never really were attracted to the person. There's tons of cases of partners/wives/gfs dumping their boyfriends after dropping the pill because their hormones balance out and they realize they weren't a good match. It's like women have a genetic match radar, and birth control disables it in a way.

A lot of my female friends tell me when they were on BC, they fucked like crazy.

A lot of women also don't know that these companies list you aren't supposed to use their hormonal BC for long periods of time, you're supposed to change the pill constantly.

My advice is get a non-hormonal birth control. A copper IUD is painless is most cases, and lasts for years. Condoms are also great, find a specific brand that your BF likes. It should fit his dick well, be easy to get on, and durable.
>>
The only way to avoid pregnancy is not have sex.
Abortion as contraception is a stupid phrase, as conception has to have happened to be aborted. It also has consequences for future fertility.
OP isn't evil, just childishly selfish.
No contraception is 100% effective.
>>
>>17851956
>and over that time I've been gaining weight
That is my fetish.
>>
>>17852308
It would only ever be if all birth control failed. I know full well that at 18 I could not give a child a good, financially sound, mature environment to grow up in. Obviously I wouldn't use it in place of other birth control.
>>
>>17853603
Thanks for the completely unhelpful input.
>>
>>17853458
A lot of men should want this too. I don't approve of women rights.
stay at home bitches is were it's at.
Alot of poor men want their women to work
>>
>>17851965
Putting my two cents in to say same. No need to argue with other people here about it, it won't go anywhere.

I got my IUD recently. I'm pretty excited about it. Legislature changed in my state so it's free. It's great.
Maybe you should try contraception other than the pill. There's quite a bit out there. plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control
>>
>>17851956
The pill is horrendous for female health. I had to get it because I was getting blood clotts in my legs and on the verge of death because of it. I don't know how that shit is legal because that's very common. Of course they don't tell you this beforehand though.
Anyways, I would say try a copper IUD because condoms don't always work. The IUD didn't work for me because I have a tilted uterus but it could work for you.
I used condoms only, currently pregnant.
>>
>>17853929
How does a tilted uterus make it so you can't have an IUD, out of curiosity?
>>
>>17853929
This femanon knows what's up.

All my female friends, ex's, etc have said the same thing after I told them the truth about birth control. They all said they were suffering from what I described, dropped the pill, noticed huge improvements, and said "why is this shit legal? Why don't they educate people more about this?"

It's pretty fucked up how hormones are handed out like candy to young girls.
>>
>>17853967
It makes it really hard for my body to not reject the IUD. IUDs stay in place with 'normal' shaped uterus much easier. It's also a lot easier for the IUD to perforate the wall of a tilted uterus. If you have a tilted uterus and really want an IUD ask your OBGYN to take an ultrasound of the IUD right after they place it for you, because it's very easy to mess up the placement of an IUD with a tilted uterus.

>>17854116
yeah it's really messed up! The recent study with male hormonal birth control should be proof enough. The men couldn't handle the suicidal depression, mood swings, weight gain, or increased anxiety either. No one should be expected to go through that.
They also don't tell you that it can cause a stroke if you suffer from migraines. I was on the type of BC that causes stroke for years and the doctor pulled me off of it immediately after I told her that I've suffered from migraines since I was a child. They didn't think to tell me the risks beforehand, they just pass them out like candy like you said.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.