[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interview Battles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 1392011971897.png (93KB, 250x282px) Image search: [Google]
1392011971897.png
93KB, 250x282px
So i just found out that i am competing with 5 other very potential candidates for a single security guard position for a school in the morning.

The interview is for morning shift regarding mostly parking duty but i want it since i haven't landed one in a long time.

I have no experience aside from some voluntary municipal elction flyer delivery. i spoke with house owners and shit but that's about it.

The others have at the very least 4 months experience on their resume with security and have better verbal skills than me.

I was planning on going in and just being myself being true and explaining to her my position while emphasizing why i would be a good fit.

Telling her i am willing and capable of learning and that i am not lazy, the works.

What are my odds?

Additional info: i got a friend who works there who is feeding me info but all he was able to tell me is already all i got at this point since the interview is in the morning at 10:00AM.

Do i stand a chance? i'm not a retard so if you got some ideas i can probably pull them off.
>>
at long as you come off as reliable and low risk you'll have a good shot at beating the other guys. Security guarding doesn't sound like it has much nuance beyond showing up and being dilligent, so emphasizing that you can do that without coming off as autistic is important
>>
File: 1391739369160.jpg (265KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1391739369160.jpg
265KB, 960x960px
>>17851897
Sounds good to me, and i will try to follow this to the best of my ability but i want to know if anyone else has had a situation like this in their life.

Can i get some advice on anons who have gone through this kind of thing?

Did you get hired? or was it the boot?
>>
Got 3 hours to go here, hope to get a better idea than what i have right now, been watching first time interview videos on youtube too but still gonna come back and check this thread constantly.
>>
>>17851918

this is babby's first job interview as well?

try to minimize any things that could go wrong with discomfort on your end. Eat something decent and be hydrated before you go in, but don't have to shit or piss while you interview because you want to be willing to be there as long as your interviewer wants to talk to you. I made that mistake when my eyes were watering while my seasonal allergies hit me with the force of a thousand suns, so it looked like I was so nervous I was crying out of one eye.

if the interviewer asks you canned questions the where do you see yourself in 5 years, what previous experience do you have etc then you'll know they are a fucking retard who pulled questions off of google. answer the questions as best you can if they don't give you an opportunity to say more about why you should be picked. your time to shine is when you ask them a question about something like company culture/ work environment, which is just really a setup for you to say something positive about yourself and that you appreciate working with others who are also motivated and take their job seriously
>>
>>17851918

don't undersell your door to door experience either. that kind of interaction where you're basically at someone's mercy when you knock at their door is huge because it shows you have some level of socialization under your belt, and that you're capable of approaching people and interacting with them in a normal way
>>
File: 1392667836470.jpg (12KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1392667836470.jpg
12KB, 500x333px
In the face of 5 other potential guards, what's one way I can distance myself from the average and give them a real reason to look at me longer than the other 5?

Does anyone have any idea? I don't mean to get people to think for me I just want to see if someone else comes up with something different than my strategy of licking ass.
>>
File: 1394848175383.png (61KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1394848175383.png
61KB, 235x235px
2 Hours left for me.

From what I have learned overnight, it seems that being very confident and concise is key to these kinds of interviews, if I can focus on what I can bring to the table and get them to agree that I'm not a waste of time I stand a chance even without that significant amount of experience. It seems like glorifying my volunteer experience is also a good idea like telling them that I am used to speaking with new faces no problem and starting a conversation and ending them without conflict as well as giving examples to come with this such as saying how I had troubles with few house owners giving me the finger or asking me to leave abruptly after delivering flyers but also explaining how I dealt with that.

On the other hand this may seem a little too hasty to sound like I gave it any real thought. if there's a way I can communicate this without dragging on and keep it clear and to the point, I would very much like to hear some interpretation from one or two of you.

I want to say thank you for your time giving me some advice on this and hopefully, I can pull through but with this little time on my hands, I can't help but feel like I need to find the answers fast. I will keep looking through videos on do's and donts while I wait for more advice.
>>
>>17852000

watching videos after you've determined that you need to be confident and not sputter when you talk won't teach you a whole lot more honestly. You can watch videos of people actually being interviewed maybe to get a feel for the conversational flow, but looking for tips probably won't be a very good use of your time.

you have to be real about the door to door experience. It might not feel like much to you because you already did it, but you doing it says something good about you, and also allows you to comment on the experience which could earn you points. i honestly feel like an interview is like a date sometimes because the same kinds of strategies usually work in both
>>
>>17851893
>What are my odds?

close to zero

you have no experience in this job field ?

why not at least get some training ?

if you want to be security person get degree in criminal justice apply at police forces armed services
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.