[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking into how to move to colorado

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: co.jpg (8KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
co.jpg
8KB, 283x178px
Hi guys i live in northwest ohio it sucks ass and im tired of it. my best friend and i are trying to plan how to make the move what are some things i should consider? does anyone live there or know what is a good part to be in? i am a fabricator by trade and hopefull will be able to line up a job before i head out there how much money should i save?
>>
Front Range, mountains or plains?
>>
>>17851749
Places like boulder and denver are getting pretty pricey. My friend lives in Boulder and I think he pays easily over $1000/month in rent. If you're moving to other, less trendy places you'll have an easier, more affordable time. That's all I know considering I'm not from Colorado
>>
im thinking more towards mountains. also will probably stay away from boulder then..
>>
We're looking to be in an area that would allow us to move into a mountainous area, hopefully not far off of a city with good job opportunity. An area with a nice tolerable climate. The only concern I have is that some mountainous areas might be more secluded from populated areas.
No hour drives to go to a decent shopping area or good job opportunity.
>>
yeah what he said too
>>
>>17851824
it's expensive to live here
>>
Exactly where is "here"?
Colorado as a whole? Or mainly the heavily populated cities?
By any chance could you give a range of low-end to high-end living accommodations? Or perhaps ranges based on area?
>>
>>17851824

Noone lives in the mountains but rich people and poor ranchers who's familys have been squatting here for generations. There are no jobs here, we were never a job state an the influx of retards like you because >dude pot lol has only made it worse. Do you consider 100 in the summer and -10 in the winter nice weather? And no, you're not going to make your way by opening a pot shop, there's a pot shop on evey corner and the union is contolled former hippies who set up boundaries 30 years ago and will break your legs if you try.

In short you're a moron, your plan sucks, and you'll be broke in 3 months.
>>
While I rather enjoy your rudeness, it was uncalled for. We never mentioned pot. We're simply researching the state as I love the mountains and fucking hate Ohio.
Thought I'd set my horizon on a state that most people say is quite pleasant and friendly. It's become clear to me you do not feel this way.
>>
>>17851880
Move to Wyoming or Idaho or some shit. Colorado is full
>>
>>17851880

>posts a picture with a pot leaf
>I didn't mention pot!

Well you have your answer. It's completely ridiculous that you think you'd be able to afford to live in the moutains, and that even if you could afford it you'd have anything less than an hour commute. It's fairly likely you won't find a job. Most of Colorado is a semi-arid desert that causes nose bleeds and has drastic temperature shifts. It's expensive, and we have a homeless problem that's almost to LA levels.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.