[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Severe Anxiety: Please Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1465358075925.jpg (8KB, 111x170px) Image search: [Google]
1465358075925.jpg
8KB, 111x170px
I originally posted this in /fit/, but they tend to be bad at replying to emotional based threads. I'd really appreciate some advice anywhere I can get it.

We all know lifting and general exercise usually working wonders for depression.

What I'm getting at is anxiety. I'm asking for myself because it's gotten so bad lately that I can't even finish a workout. I feel that pounding in my chest, and obsession with my pulse, then I get outta there.

What can I do for this shit since lifting is making it worse? I know it's common for it taking a good while for one's heart to calm down after lifting heavy in particular, and that's another part of how just the idea of the gym has been making me nervous is because the things causing the anxiety follow me after I leave the gym for hours.

What the fuck do I do? I don't even have depression, but this anxiety is fucking ruining my life. It feels like getting cucked by your own existence.
>>
>>17851028
And just an FYI, this anxiety happens all the time, everywhere...doesn't even matter anymore. I just get breaks of feeling normal or calm inbetween looooong sets of having an anxiety attack.

This can't be good for my mental or physical health.
>>
>>17851028

Anxiety is based off ego
If you eliminate your ego, you eliminate your anxiety

Sit and be Buddhist for a while
>>
>>17851041
Like, too much ego? I really don't think I have an ego issue.

I thought you were gonna suggest LSD.
>>
>>17851050
They're both the same

Too much ego, not enough

They're both on the scale

It doesn't matter. You seek the middle
>>
>>17851060
I don't feel that bad about myself, nor that fantastically either.

Could it be a rejection? A woman I fell for broke things off with me a couple months ago, and it's still eating away at me.
>>
>>17851028
Funny how you guys leap to threads about fucking girl problems, but other shit is largely ignored.
>>
>>17851081
Same thing happened to me except it was more recent. I have a bunch of anxiety and I'm constantly wondering if she's moved onto another guy and feeling shit without her.
>>
>>17851160
I'm doing my best to not think about her, or even distract myself with other women. She still pops up in my fucking dreams though.

I wouldn't think rejection can wreck ya that badly, especially when not even being aware that you're that bothered.
>>
>>17851028

Do you find that the more you focus on these sensations (pounding in chest, pulse), the worse they get, and the more fearful you get? If so, the bad news is you may be experiencing panic disorder. The good news it's highly treatable with cognitive-behavioral techniques if you can break the mental association you have made in your head with those sensations you feel to the emotion of panic.
>>
>>17851174
I'm at a point now to where it feels like half my breathing is manual, and I can't focus on anything because I'm constantly worried about my pulse.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.