[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a waste of your 20s to be responsible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Going out once or twice a month, going to the gym or playing a sport at the expense of concerts and happy hours, putting extra time at the office to learn as much as I can on the job

OR

fuck sluts, party, drug it up, do the bare minimum at your job not to get fired, and then "settle" down in your 30s?
>>
>>17850554
There's this thing called balance. Get all your important shit done every week and then don't be afraid to have fun. No need to be a man of extremes.
>>
>>17850554
Work first, and your free time is your time to do whatever the fuck makes you feel great.
>>
yeah definitely zero regrets about not being a diseased druggie slut working a minimum wage job in my 30s
>>
>>17850554
whichever makes u happier
>>
25 and up you shouldn't be partying more than once a month at most.
>>
>Fuck sluts
STDs and children you don't want. It's not a question of "if", it's a question of when. You are taking that risk every time you fuck a stranger.
>party
Provided you aren't getting blackout drunk or doing hard drugs, partying can be done responsibly if you're with a group of trusted friends. I see no problem there, the main thing is that you will probably not enjoy it as much when you're older.
>drug it up
This is how drug addicts get started. In high school or college they decide to "live it up while they still can". Give weed a try once or twice if you want. Stay away from anything beyond that if you want a good life.
>do the bare minimum at your job to not get fired
If you do this and postpone your career ambitions until later, you WILL have massive regrets. Everyone I know who did this does. They are entering a field with an entry level job at 35 years old and their boss is a 26 year old.

Your 20s are the time to build the foundation for the rest of your life. Of all the times to fuck around this is probably the worst.
>>
>>17850554
I chose the partying path, and I kinda failed at it. I didn't get laid all that much, and my only friends became retarded junkies.

If you have money you can party much better.

But you'll be older, you won't be able to get 18 year old ass, you might go bald. You might die, you might burn out working, or get too involved in your career and never go back.

The trade offs seem about equal to me.
>>
>>17850554

find a balance.
>>
>>17850899
I party every night of every weekend in a medium sized city with a great group of childhood friends. I make 75k a year and I feel pretty good about life. I'm going to party until I'm 35 and not feel bad about it. 25 is pretty young for Christ's sake.
>>
>>17850899
>25 is old

Underaged detected.
>>
>>17851200
>You'll be older and won't be able to get 18 year old ass

Ha. At 30 it's even easier for me to hook up with college age girls who think an older guy/"more responsible" guy is hot and something new to them than it is women around my old age who have gotten out of the hookup/party mentality.
>>
>>17852490
This.
Plus most dumb college sluts today are into the whole daddy kink so it's even easier to fuck them.
>>
>>17850554
I think you gotta find a balance.

Like, when I was 17 I had a part time job and partied and got drunk all the time.

Then for most of my early 20's I was settled down and working with a steady GF until we broke up, and now I'm doing drugs, partying, and going on weekend road trips again.
>>
Work hard play hard

Honestly find what works for you, all advice on how to live is just what that person has experienced as working for them and no two people are the same

There's people that can do drugs for 10 years and then turn their shit around and get married with 2 kids and live happily
Others end up dead
You can only do what feels right for you
>>
>>17850554
You can do whatever you want.

I have only gotten drunk twice in my life and I don't miss it. The alcohol tastes bad, it's expensive and makes it impossible for me to drive. I love driving way more than drinking. It can also fuck with your liver if you aren't caelreful. I've never done drugs and don't ever intend to. I never needed these things to socialize. I prefer parks, museums, big local attractions and exploring/sight seeing to partying. Its not for any big moral reason, it's not because I think I'm better than other people. I will have a beer every once in a while but I usually stay pretty straight edge. None of these things make it impossible for me to socialize, and I can balance work with my own brand of fun just fine.

Do what you want, don't feel pressured by society to fit in.
>>
>>17850554
lol

be responsible in your 20s 30s 40s then in your 50s you will have a pile of cash in the bank, good health and THEN you can goof off

or fuck up your life in your 20s and regret it in your 30s 40s etc

nothing worse than those 30 something burnouts who bitch & moan about how "unfair" life is after they talk about all the "fun" they had in their 20s
>>
>>17852732
>believing that partying in your 50s would be as fun as partying in your 20s

All 50 somethings I know sit around and bitch about money, youth, and politics and go to bed at 9 pm on a Friday night.

They are literally the least fun people I know, on par with fags in their 60s.

>70s is cool doe
>>
>>17852995
ueah the people I know in their 50s tend to be the most miserable losers.
>>
>>17853846
Wahahaahahhahahaha you cuck! Fuck you! You are a faggot!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.