[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinning hair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image1(1).jpg (786KB, 3088x2320px) Image search: [Google]
image1(1).jpg
786KB, 3088x2320px
Okay, so I noticed my hair started thinning a few months ago.

Since then I cut down on washing my hair to once every 2-3 days, tried coconut oil treatments noticed hair falling out when I rinsed it off and that made me stop doing it.

I started taking biotin 10,000MCG a day, and I ordered some hair growth foam and an herbal hair supplement that got good reviews.

Any advice? I noticed my hairline was receding but I've always had a widows peak since I was a kid, so I feel like I'm mostly making myself paranoid which is causing stress related hair loss.
>>
how old are you?
do you eat properly?
have you used steroids in your life?
reduce stress as much as possible
try 6 months with use of a good conditioner, dont buy cheap hairproducts, they are mostly a scam.
>>
>>17850287
Serious question, what do you actually look like?

If you can pull of being bald, go bald. Just embrace it, it's a lot better than those guys who pathetically attempt to turn the thinning tide..

Go bald, not even joking
>>
>>17850326
I would do that but I'm only 22. Thinning hair in my age is super rare, I want to square away the problem early on.

>>17850318

>22
>Yes. Mostly chicken, lots of fruits and vegetables, very little sweets. I drink lots of water and avoid junk food.
>No I don't use steroids and never have.

>I'm trying to be less stressed. I went through a bad breakup in May and it took me a month or two to get over it. In that time I was doing no contact with my ex and the stress of not talking to her was making me go nuts. I ended up hooking up with a few women and it helped a lot.

6 months? alright. Right now I use Trader Joe's tea tree tingle conditioner, which doesn't have harsh chemicals and shit. Seems to work pretty well, but I just ordered a biotin+collagen conditioner I heard is good for thickening hair.
>>
>>17850287
Oof... buddy it's been thinning a lot longer than you think.
Biotin won't help balding (only temporary hair loss or vitamin deficience) but Rogain can apparently help "wake" dormant follicles and stop more falling out. (I'm about to try the woman's Rogain foam for my own balding near my hairline)
Check and see that the foam has the same active ingredient, at least you're being proactive about it and making a good effort.
Also, try some tea tree oil; I use a shampoo and conditioner that contains it. It's really done a fantastic job moisturising while still giving my hair volume.
>>
>>17850353
HAH!!! You're already using the tea tree oil, good man!
>>
>>17850354
I use a tea tree oil conditioner that works really well, but the winter hair is drying it out super fast and I have to wear a helmet at work so I always have thin helmet hair.

This pic is when I just got out of the shower, which makes it look worse.
>>
>>17850362
Yeah, the first day of washing your hair it always has less volume. Try washing it less often (maybe 2x a week) and using dry shampoo in the meantime to keep that volume. Just got the Got2b one and it smells amazing.
You're doing everything right man, hopefully you see some results. I had the trauma of a back surgery trigger this hairloss 2yrs ago and don't know if mine will ever return...
Try not to worry about it too much through the holidays and have a very merry Christmas :)
>>
>>17850287
Why arent you trying rogaine?
>>
File: IMG_0436.jpg (1MB, 3088x2320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0436.jpg
1MB, 3088x2320px
Dry hair in better lighting. I was using the front facing camera with flash, which was a pink screen. I think it made it look worse than it is.
>>
>>17850385
I just ordered a two month supply today. Gonna start trying that soon. Any tips? All I know is once a day is necessary

>>17850384

Thanks man. I think I'm in the clear, from the looks of the last pic I posted it is not as bad as the camera was making it appear.

I have an iphone and if you use the front camera, it has no flash so it blinks the screen to light up the shot. It flashed pink and made my hair look like it was thinning in areas it's not.

I do have some scarring on the back of my head from when I was a kid. Used to skateboard and I scraped up the back of my head multiple times.

Thanks for the advice guys, helped a lot.
>>
>>17850400
As a 26 year old who's also thinning, just accept it, man.

Hair treatments will only last as long as you maintain the treatment itself. You'll lose everything you gain or kept as soon as you stop.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, cares anywhere near as much as you do. Nobody will look at you in the street and think "haha look at thay thin-haired cunt". You're more than your hair, and anybody who feels like their hair is that important a part of them is using it as a replacement for personality.

It's going. Accept that it's going. Get a shorter or neater haircut. Be a chill guy people want to hang with, your hair doesn't mean shit.

Be free.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.