[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting better at piano.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1439553456719.jpg (35KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1439553456719.jpg
35KB, 368x368px
I do not have a piano teacher nor can I afford one right now especially with the business of university. I want to know what is the best way for me to learn how to read sheet music and self teach myself songs which ultimately will help towards my main goal: To become a good piano player.

>inb4 just google how to read sheets first noob

Most of these methods haven't helped at all nor do they teach in a useful and memorable way.

Instrument playing anons, what do you recommend. How can I become a better piano player? I'm quite tired of only knowing how to play by memory from youtube tutorials I watched years ago.
>>
get a part time job and save up money and find a piano teacher that meshes well with you
>>
>>17849701
I've been searching for jobs for several months now with no luck. So currently, that's not an option. If I were to do this, I'd have to wait quite a long while till I actually manage to get a job.
>>
>>17849724
Probably focus efforts on a job and let the piano be a reward for your efforts
>>
>>17849592
hey OP, i found the Yousician app to be very helpful. I usually can't finish what i start but, if you are to that app is very nice.
>>
>>17849729
True. A job is more important, especially at this point in time. I'll try this.

>>17849734
I'll download it, hopefully it'll be helpful to me.
>>
Do community colleges simply not exist where you live?
>>
>>17849778
What's a community college? I live in the UK
>>
>>17849592
GO TO A FUCKING MUSIC STORE AND BUY A PIANO METHODS BOOK. THERE ARE LITERALLY THOUSANDS TO CHOOSE FROM
>>
>>17849592
>>17851052
yeah come on man its really not that hard to start, first move is for you to stop being a lazy fuck. go look up what a clef is, and then look at the keys on a piano and try to imagine how one could conceivably translate music from vertical bars, to.....wait for it....... horizontal bars.
>>
>>17851767
here's a patrician tip for learning how to read music. press key - play note - say note. use your ears and learn what the notes sound like. this is the only way
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.