[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My borderline gf's started taking anti-depressants, prescribed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Pepe-The-Frog-Happy-11.jpg (67KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Happy-11.jpg
67KB, 300x250px
My borderline gf's started taking anti-depressants, prescribed to her. It's a big leap for her, and I know she's trying her best to stop being a cunt. Despite this I want to break up with her now, but I feel like I should be giving her this chance to change and support her through starting pills, as she can't even tell her parents without them reacting badly.
What do I do? I'm tired of being selfless and not selfish despite her treating me like shit, and all I want to do is end it, but I've got a lil voice in the back of my head telling me that this is the one time I should trust her and work with her.
>>
>>17848871
i'd say give her a few weeks for the pills to kick in and see if she chills out

if she was prescribed anti-deps the docs think she really needs it, so there you have it

yes depression makes people irritable etc

poke around here - nami.org

good luck !
>>
Borderline personality disorder isn't something triggered by depression. It's classified as a personality disorder which is distinctly different from a mental illness. Medication can't fix BPD, anyone who has any credibility would tell you that. Do you live in a state where only MDs can prescribe drugs? I'm assuming this doctor wasn't a psychiatrist. He is just a pill pusher. My girlfriend was prescribed Lexapro by her doctor because she gets a little moody around her time of the month.

I'm rambling, but point being medication doesn't and cannot fix personality disorders. A lot of people even believe that personality disorders can never be cured, only managed
>>
>>17848904
That's fucked
How is she on lexipro
>>
>>17848871
abandon ship immediately, anon. she cannot be fixed, and she takes joy in your suffering. neither your gf, nor anyone afflicted by this disorder, is capable of reciprocating the sentiment you are currently experiencing (or any emotion considered to be positive, for that matter). if the shoe were on the other foot, she would have left you long ago. get out of there now, before she does something that really fucks your life up. do not maintain contact, obtain a restraining order if necessary. do not trifle with this, anon. i am not exaggerating in any way when i tell you that this girl could have a negatively detrimental impact on your life.
source: experience
>>
>>17848904
Yeah neither of us think the medication will fix her, just help stabilise her moods, I'm not expecting her to ever be normal and to have total control over her emotions, I can deal with a modicum of bullshit.
>>17848937
You're probably right, I'll wait till after christmas, see what she gets me, last christmas I got lucky and got a £300 watch from a fuckbuddy
>>
>>17848948
>I'll wait till after christmas
if you do this, you are a fool. obviously, i cannot stop you. but when shit hits the fan (and it will), remember that you were warned.
>>
>>17848955
Why will waiting a bit make it worse?
>>
>>17848961
you are giving her a larger time frame in which to fuck your shit up. your possessions, place of residence, social reputation, freedom, and whatever else you may have going for you are at stake here, anon. not to mention that even a properly adjusted, non mentally ill person would have cause to retaliate if you waited a few weeks to extract gifts from them before terminating the relationship. there is no need to be a douchebag about it, just get yourself away from this person as soon as possible.
>>
>>17848999
I don't feel like there's anything she'd to do me, she'd just drop out of uni, move home and work so she wouldn't even be near me
>>
>>17849078
>I don't feel like there's anything she'd to do me
of course you dont. thats how they get you. disregard my warnings if you want, in time you will see the error of this decision. shit, i didnt believe people either when i was dealing with a similar situation. and now, a year after the fact, im still fucked up. in a practical sense, im doing better than i ever have. in a personal and psychological sense, i am fucked. i only hope to spare others a similar fate. i wish you luck, anon, whatever you decide to do.
>>
File: mandżurskie damy.jpg (36KB, 400x606px) Image search: [Google]
mandżurskie damy.jpg
36KB, 400x606px
Borderline / bipolar girl here. How old are you? I cheated on all my boyfriends. Now I am older and I try my best to get better. Meds and therapy. It's really up to a human but I wouldn't put much hope in a happy relationship.
>>
>>17848871
antidepressants WILL NOT WORK FOR A BORDERLINE.

What the fuck is wrong with someone? Why are psychiatrists so fucking stupid?

Borderlines suffer from delusions, paranoia, AND PSYCHOSIS.

They are LITERALLY PSYCHOTIC.

The amygdala is out of whack. So is the part of the brain that controls how to react to danger.

Abilify. Anti-psychotics.

You will not NOTICE FUCK ALL WITH SSRIS AND OTHER ANTI DEPRESSANTS.
>>
>>17850005
Have you tried at all?

Have you actually had any boyfriends or were they all fuck buddies?

have you told a single truth in your entire life?
>>
>>17850089
This
Antidepressants won't do shit, they didn't with my ex
>>
Borderline is personality, not a disease, the cure is replacing her brain, which means RUN LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER and don't look back. NUKE THE BRIDGES TOO. In psychiatry, the protocol for borderlines is: "If you find a borderline, leave the borderline and treat everyone around her". Also, she will transmit this to her offsprings too, so, this is a vicious cycle, if you have kids with her, you will soon have more borderlines surrounding you. Btw, I have worked a bit in both Psychiatry OPD and IPD and in Relationship counseling and have tried to understand this shit for two years, all experiments, genetic and epigenetic reasons, how it is transmitted and witnessed all therapy and drug based regimens. In short, they are too fucked up to repair and even if you end up making them understand what's up with them, still, they won't be able to help it as in the end, it is personality. RUN else the minimum damage will be that she will turn your brain into an omelet and you will take quite some time to recover from it and the max you cannot ever imagine. Leave her and seek therapy yourself to rebuild your core structure so that you are normal again. RUN NOW!
>>
OP is using his mentally ill gf to get gifts and you people are totally fine with that. Honestly men are fucking pathetic.
>>
>>17848948
Lol. Ya, you got this Op. Get the gifts and take off.
>>
Medication won't a borderline with how she acts, it will help her to keep her from feeling less depressed and anxious but it will not change how she acts.
What helps a borderline change their actions is therapy, and that's only if they are able to acknowledge they have a problem and they want to get help...but this kind of therapy takes quite a bit of time to work, it can take more than a year from what I heard.

I have a mother with this disorder and because of her I mirror a lot of the borderline symptoms so I kinda get what your gf is coming from with her actions...buut, honestly if you have been wanting to break up with her for a while, just do it because obviously you're not going to have the patience to wait years for her to get better and in the end you'll probably will just need couples therapy
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.