[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My brother shot and killed himself last week. He was only 24.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: jim-beam-white-01b.jpg (76KB, 273x485px) Image search: [Google]
jim-beam-white-01b.jpg
76KB, 273x485px
My brother shot and killed himself last week. He was only 24.

I'm 33 and it has really devastated me that my youngest brother died before me. An my parents are a wreck. Our mom even quit her job

I'm obviously still devastated and kind of in disbelief. Like this isn't real and I'm just going to wake up. I just saw him 2 weeks ago. It just doesn't seem real to me

I also don't know what to think....

He had some issues from PTSD and I know it affected his ability to live a normal life.

So on one side I can kinda in a way see why he did what he did, but on the other I'm angry he would put his whole family though so much pain. He had to know that would devastate us and especially my kids he was very close with. How the fuck am I supposed to tell a 8 and 10yo they can never see their uncle again?

Has anyone gone thought his before?

I haven't stopped crying since last Wednesday. I can't even go to work

>I found a bottle of jim beam in his car when I picked it up from the impound lot
>>
Some people don't want to live.

Can't expect them to keep going about their shitty lives just to please you all.
>>
Well...
At least your brother gave life his best shot
>>
>>17848734
I agree. It's his life.
>>
>>17848753
Meh, a nice dark joke, but it seems like it's place is not appropriate.

To seem even more like a cunt, I'll give it 3/10
>>
>>17848700
Mental disabilities can really screw with a person's perception, and narrow their view on things. It doesn't matter how much socialization, or interaction they may get, the person may still feel incredibly disconnected from the world.

It's kind of a vicious cycle. You feel disconnected, so you don't think anyone cares, so you don't feel like reaching out for help, and when there's no help to be found, it just makes you feel disconnected, and it continues until you feel like you're beyond help. It's illogical, because all one has to do is reach out once, and they can get help, but something like PTSD can put a huge gap between the person and that first step.

I don't know you, or your family's situation with your brother. You may have been working with a professional, or maybe he kept his feelings well-hidden. It could just be incredibly shitty circumstances. Sometimes you catch the problem in time, sometimes you don't.

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, OP.
>>
>>17848756
It's now or never. He wasn't going to live forever.
>>
>>17849066
He should have held onto what he had. It doesn't make a difference if he was going to make it or not.

They had each other, and that's a lot.
>>
>>17848700
You don't an hero just because it looks fun, it was a fuckhuge decision on his part. If you want to do something about it, stay closer to the rest of the family, make it so nobody else decides it's time to die.
Then again, what do I know. That's what I did when my father killed himself, someone has to do it, but it doesn't have to be you.
>>
I don't have any advice for you, I'm sorry. Only that I have a younger brother, he is my best friend, and I don't know what I would do if he ever committed suicide.

The best I can offer you is genuine condolences.
>>
>>17848700
I'm sorry for your loss. Stay strong /b/ro
>>
Typical.
Someone does not confide in family about their feelings. Because it's not the norm to do so. Society says men should hide their feelings. So he did.

Typical family then feels "it just came out of nowhere!" and "it's selfish!" when the person kills themself.

Do the world a fucking favor and just LEND SOMEONE AN EAR. Just listening and talking to someone can mean life or death. Your brother probably felt like no one even cared and I can 100% guarantee that he was struggling a lot. But you didn't know right? Because you probably never bothered to ask "Hey is everything alright?"
>>
This is not the place, and these are not the people..... I am sorry for your loss. God Bless.
>>
>>17848700
well...

i don't know

honestly, what is life?

you will die in the end

everything is meaningless

shit, i am not really willing to kill myself but

if i happened to die

i wouldn't mind a bit
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.