[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It sucks.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: Unknown.jpg (5KB, 307x164px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
5KB, 307x164px
Hey /adv/

I often lurk around here but this time I got stuff going on and I'm turning to you for some tips and tricks, I suppose.

The person I've been talking to and been in a relationship with just cut me off out of the blue saying he doesn't love me anymore, which happened basically over the course of 3 days, however it's been serious, talks and plans for the future, love, everything was great. We've been each other's best friend and everything. Maybe I was delusional or coming onto strong, thing is things like that hurt like a bitch.

Guess I'm just on here to see if you guys are experiencing anything similar, heartbreak, break ups, etc. and how you're coping with it?
>>
Ouch Op, I'm sorry.

How long did you two date? General rule for "getting over it" is 1/3rd the time you were dating.
>>
>>17847655
6 months lol damn seems like it will be a long time!
>>
Hey op split with my gf in late October, same sorta thing just said out the blue no more feelings for me, just got to move on, seeing someone else now but I'd be lying if I said I didn't still think of her
>>
>>17847627

I feel you, OP. The girl I was dating and loved brushed me off from night to day without a reason.

Luckily for you and me it didn't last enogh to make irreparable damage, give it a couple of months and it will be ok, just focus on yourself for now.
>>
>>17847730

Man, how do you get motivated to start over lol.. There must be more to it than time, I dunno...

>>17847733

Thanks for the shared feels, much appreciated. Focusing on myself is the goal. You doing well?
>>
>>17847739
I would lie if I said I don't think about her night and day, but I don't have anxiety and urge to cry anymore. Things like these happen all the time and to hundreds of people. We gotta deal with it, learn from it and then apply what we learned to make the best the next time it happens.

Keep your faith in yourself, meditate and you'll realize you're a better person with this new knowledge
>>
>>17847745

That was much appreciated! Thank you for sharing, I'm glad it gets better and that's very true. Recovery is a bitch, but it happens to the majority of us. It's just exhausting starting over, instead of working on what you already got. People give up too easily, I feel like.
>>
Bump. Interested in more.
>>
>>17847655
Holy fuck no please god no. I've been dating my ex for eight years so I'm gonna feel like this for a little over two and a half years???

Fuck just kill me now
>>
That's a long time.. 1/3rd is super crazy. How do people manage to get over you while being in a relationship? This is a huge mystery as well.
>>
My gf recently left me saying she wants something different now. We had an open relationship but she says she wants to be unattached and polyamouras and doesn't know if she still wants to be with me. We were together 2 years and I still love her but she'll barely talk to me now. Being alone most of the time instead of someone always there is the hardest thing.
>>
>>17847903

I feel you on that note, Anon. It's definitely a factor that you're so used to a person and when things go to shit, that's when you realise how much of a loss you suffer
>>
>>17847903
>>17847952

I agree, the hardest part of it all is having somebody talking/being with you day and night and the suddenly having that somebody disappear from your life. I never cried so much in my entire life...
>>
>>17847996
I'm going through that currently.. you just can't help like you've lost the most important person in your life and the loneliness is constantly a reminder..
>>
>>17848003

I really can't remember how and when that feeling went away, but you must understand that in the end you're only important person in your life and must first learn to live alone with yourself and love yourself before you can love another person.

"If one wishes to lead, he must first learn to follow."
>>
>>17848013

That's very true as cliche as it sounds
>>
Cluckoids get no respect.
>>
>>17847891
So, that's me, I know no one is interested but why not post and help myself maybe feel better.

While I wasn't the one that was left, my girlfriend is spending time with the guy she cheated on me with halfway through our relationship. I wasn't going to have it and I broke up with her.

She wasn't respecting our relationship or the promises she made (that she wouldn't drink with them and that she wouldn't stay over at their house unless only his wife was there) I found out that she had lied, ditched our plans to hangout to go over there to hangout with his wife and I thought that was really shitty of her.

I later then found out that he was infact home, and that shes been over there for five days now... so obviously our relationship, and our friendship is toast. It's gone and it's not coming back.

Ever since I came to this realization, I haven't been able to eat, and I can barely drink water without vomiting. There is a constant pain in my chest that never goes away fully and radiates with my heartbeat. Not eating has kind of helped with the pain. Is this a normal thing for a breakup?

Do people usually feel like there is a giant hole in their chest? Do people usually lose interest in all of their hobbies? I can't play video games anymore, I can't draw, I can't read, I can't sleep (I've been up for 4 days) am I just going insane?

I'm don't understand how people deal with this after a breakup.
>>
>>17848079
Channel it into a goal
Look at the whole thing as a chance, an opportunity to start a new better chapter in your life. Pain is good, it makes us stronger and more content when we remember what we do still have.
A pursuit won't come to you for a few days maybe weeks but it will
And then you'll chase down that bitch like you can't breathe without it for another second
Just make sure it's not a girl this time
(But random sex can help)

Until then I just listen to radiohead and watch friends reruns ignoring my hygiene

Exercise can kick you up if you can manage the will to start it, even if it's only 5 mins
>>
>>17848086
Could you elaborate? What do you mean by a pursuit?

I don't think I'd ever date again, I don't think anyone would ever want to have sex with me either. I have little to no money, in debt, I'm legally blind, depression, and anxiety. I feel like a complete fuck up honestly.

The only thing I had going for me is that I had a really hot girlfriend/fiancee.
>>
>>17848099

Use this time to focus on yourself, find something you like or you always wanted to do and do it. Avoid staying alone, loneliness can cause depression.
You can't avoid your brain to fill your mind with memories of good times or how much you'd like to kiss/hug her right now, you gotta focus on accepting that it's in the past and you got to fix this mindset by doing something productive for you and you only or you could go help somebody else to cope for the pain.

Running or exercising can help give the brain some needed chemicals abd also boost your body to give more self-esteem.

It will be tough, it will almost kill you but you gotta think that everybody felt the same way and so can you. Don't give up.
>>
>>17848079
Dont make it hard on your self, just learn to put yourself before everyone else doesnt matter who it is. Killing your own body cause of something that aint coming back and was never worth it, is just pointless. Think about it, does she matter anymore, if she isnt there for you keep looking, she wasnt the right one. Universe prolly has something set for you, look back and see what you gained beside the pain, as pain is the best teacher out there. Mine was similar as a polygamous relationship, always told me I was better and all and she loved me so on, ended up with the other guy, cause she didnt want monogamy in her view, while I was just putting up with her shit cause I loved her, hurts like a bitch didnt sleep for 3 days. Now I know I was just stupid, none of that mattered 5 months later I found a 10x better girl that loves me for who I am. Take the point of all this out on your own. Best of luck, anon.
>>
>>17847739
Nah time made no difference, first time I went out after I actually shyed away from a chance, then the next time I kinda forced myself, just gotta move and find someone else to focus on, it's not ideal but why be alone when you know there not right? Sounds bad but getting angry at them in my head helped
>>
I know the feels OP. My girl friend of 3.5 years dumped me out of the blue via text message and now dates an old work colleague. Hurts like hell so I some what understand where your coming from, but maybe you should try asking him why he feels like he doesn't feel the same anymore. It might provide some closure for you.
Fire away anymore questions you have I guess.
>>
>>17848255
I'm sorry to hear that.. It sucks hardcore. And trust me I've tried, he got annoyed and said he doesn't expect me to understand. Guess people change up sometimes and we're too blind to see it.
>>
How do people lose feelings or stop loving someone out of the blue??? I'm still baffled.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.