[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My house got broken into on Thursday. Came face to face with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1481441714059.jpg (62KB, 718x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481441714059.jpg
62KB, 718x960px
My house got broken into on Thursday. Came face to face with the guy. Well more, my face to his back as he ran out of my basement.
We changed the locks. I wish I could say we did more, but that was seriously it.

Anyways, now sounds I hear outside and in my basement are freaking out. They're normal house/nature sounds, but I'm too paranoid now. I've gone outside twice tonight to check on things. (the basement has its own backdoor) What do I do?
>>
>>17847618
stop living in ur basement
>>
>>17847631
i don't, my room is right above the basement.

thanks for ur super helpful meme comment
>>
>>17847634
shut the fuck up 400lbs hacker

im not the one whose meme folders got stolen by the meme thief while i couldn't move my obese ass to save my life
>>
File: 1479284311193.png (141KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479284311193.png
141KB, 800x600px
>>17847618
Ah its not surprising, being broken into is a shitty traumatic experience. Time will make things better i would say. I would take some steps to make you feel safer and more confident, like a self defence course. If it were me, I'd get a Glock 21 in .45ACP as well.
>>
By security trip lights for the basement door and anywhere else you need. Leave a light on at night, and when you go on vacation. You could also ask the police to increase patrols in your area, but they might not have the resources to.
>>
>>17847689
9mm is cheaper and lets you carry more b00let

stopping power is a meme
>>
>>17847618
you have ptsd and need to see someone about this
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 718x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 718x1024px
>>17847787
Yea
Kanye wasn't even there and look at him
>>
>>17847618
Do you have an alarm? If not you are fucked and you need to get one. Only peace of mind is that people will run away when they hear an alarm since they don't have long before the authorities arrive.
Also you are blessed he wasn't armed and tried to harm you. Do you live alone. Its honestly too dangerous to live without an alarm.
Secondly, the paranoia with go away. But not for a long while. Take extra precaution like bars on your basement window or something. I was robbed at gun point before. I honestly never felt comfortable in public at night or when people walked directly behind me. I would follow them and move my body so I could always see if they were approaching me. It went away after 2 years. Or rather thats when I realized I had forgotten about it.
>>
>>17847618
Nothing a Remington 12ga next to your bed can't fix.

You can also get a dog.
>>
>>17847618
do not go outside looking for trouble if you hear a noise

stay in your room with a baseball bat ready to whack whoever walks in the door - this gives you the advantage

walking around like an idiot somebody else will be waiting for you

put little trip alarms around, wires onto cans that fall so you can wake up next time before somebody breaks in

or get a gun and shoot their ass to hell - but before doing this go to local range & take intro gun class or most likely you will just shoot yourself in an accident
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.