[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depressed Over "Helping My Parents"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: tmp-cam--360559490.jpg (13KB, 320x311px) Image search: [Google]
tmp-cam--360559490.jpg
13KB, 320x311px
>30 years old, unmarried man
>Employed in very well paying management level corporate job, actually sending half of my wage to help my family at home
>Usually live alone in a big city

>Regularly coming to hometown to check on my Mennonite parents and 10 years old little brother
>Father is a teacher, mother volunteering in many church services
>When going home, that means helping with the chores, helping my father checking his student's tests and works, helping my mom working on whatever church activities she's get her hands on, and helping my little brother doing his shit of homeworks

>When I started to complaining about the works at home, who actually both far more boring and felt useless than my work at the office, my parents just told me that I should feel joy doing the good works.
>Started lessening the frequency of my homecoming, from practically every week going down to once a month, claiming busy office works.
>Actually enjoyed my office works far more than the boring, soul crushing works at home.

>Parents started to accuse me being worldly, ungrateful workaholic and told me that I should quit my job and start with "healthier and more fulfilling" job back in my hometown.
>Yesterday, I end up finally fed up and erupted when my mom asked me to help making some sunday school props after my father asked me to help him check his students homeworks. Told them that I'm literally fed up with all their shits I'm doing at home for free, and factory management is literally easier and less soul crushing than helping with their chores.
>My parents not speaking with me ever again after this outburst

Help...
>>
you could always just kill yourself
>>
>>17846709
Just calm down and try to reason with them.

In hindsight, instead of lying about not wanting to help them with stuff, you could have been more open about it, e.g. telling them you enjoy helping them, but have a life of your own so you can only do it 1-2 times a month.

Tbh it does sound like they're asking too much of you. Half of your paycheck and a ton of your time off work is definitely too much. Again, what I would do is just try to negotiate something more reasonable while keeping a decent relationship with them.
>>
>>17846718
I do love my family, but sometimes I entertaining the fact that I could just GTFO from home as I make about $200000 per year, but deep down in my heart I just can't live without them too.

I actually used to put the blame on the very intrusive Church teachings, but that would bring another sore points in my relationship with my parents.
>>
>>17846732
Yeah, many of my coworkers actually thought I'm giving my parents too much. But still, I'm actually not minding the financial ones, I just want to tell them I want to have some time off and just being lazy at home like most guys.

They actually responded by telling me that I should quit my job and working in my hometown instead. And they aren't tolerating what they deem as sloth and laziness.
>>
>>17846751
Then put your foot down.

Tell them that you're a grown man and you can do with your life as you please. They should be happy that you're giving them anything.
>>
remember this moment when you're elderly and alone and nobody is there to help you in your old age
>>
>>17846772
You nailed the very reason I keep up with my parents demands when everyone else thought I'm giving too much.

But still, when I'm old, I won't force my children to help me with my works, and most importantly, never get into too much commitment in what supposed to be voluntary church works.

Father keep bare minimum conversation with me this night, while mother refused to even talk with me until now, only my little brother willing to really speak with me, but still...
>>
>>17846804
OP. Tell your parents mentally challenging work is more rewarding than menial labor and that if they tried it more you wouldn't have to send them money.
>>
>>17846772
Dude, get fucked. He is giving half of his money and his time to people who call him an ungrateful shit.

His father cannot do his job by himself, his mother does not work even though his family lives on charity? His mother should be helping the father with work or the son with homework before they should live on the handouts of others.
>>
>>17846772
T. no actual life experience
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.