[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Made the mistake of being too logical with a woman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1456279959854.gif (933KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1456279959854.gif
933KB, 500x379px
>gf has a skin condition that comes and goes
>haven't seen my gf in a while
>she practically tells me every day that she's so worried about seeing me, her skin has gotten really bad
>tell her I still find her very attractive
>obviously shuts me down and doesn't hear the positivity
>one day get fed up and say "your lack of confidence in yourself is less sexy than any skin condition could ever be"

So how does one recover from this?
>>
File: 1480659361211.jpg (43KB, 704x582px) Image search: [Google]
1480659361211.jpg
43KB, 704x582px
Stop being so nice with her, think about yourself more, love yourself more, see her as an accessory to you rather than the other way around.

I'm not saying make her an object to you, but it sounds she may be on a bit of a pedestal in your mind. You have to level that.

Worry more about where you're going in life, where you are, love yourself more. Confidence isn't quite switched on and off, it's built over time through social interaction and personal achievement. Do what you must to build it. Don't make the mistake of putting her before everything or you will lose her.

And golden rule; sometimes not telling her everything you think is actually far better. Less is more. Cultivate mystery.

Coming from someone who got broken up with for being a sorry sack of self-pity and neediness. A good break-up can do wonders to you, but you can take the short-cut if you wish. Up to you.
>>
>>17846442
Stop trying to give serious answers or responses to shit tests. Just pacify her and ignore this kind of shit.
>>
>>17846463
Did you reply to the wrong thread? Your post is very presumptuous about the entirety of our relationship.

>>17846479
What's a shit test? I don't think she's the kind of girl that does that, she just has low self-esteem
>>
>>17846442
"But I still love you, idiot. Now let's work on boosting your confidence."
>>
>>17846484
Shit test is questions, statements and comments like this where the answer you give is always wrong. Bit like "Do I look fat in this" where a good response might actually be something like "That dress looks really great on you". Bypasses the question and pacifies her emotions so you can move on with your life.

You see women aren't like men, when they whine about their problems they aren't looking for solutions they are looking for emotional support and attention.
>>
>>17846463
>>17846463

I want to add that relationships aren't constant power-plays or whatever, like they can and should be very fun. But they simply can't be fun and games and the sad truth of the matter is you need to be on the same page as her.

Push forward and be yourself, and don't let this relationship be the end-all be-all of your life. Maybe she's right about the self-confidence. Ask yourself why she might have said that. Then improve on it for YOUR sake, not hers.

It's not all about positivity either. It's not just about how you see the skin condition, it's about how she sees it, how the rest of the world sees it. Maybe she wants you to tell her to suck it up, maybe she just wants to vent and is frustrated by it. Positivity doesn't mean everything, sometimes it's about reality and how to deal with that accordingly.

Anyway, you've said you piece on it, if she doesn't like it then it's her problem not yours. Do you man. Let the rest fall into place. Love yourself!

>>17846479

This anon said it more concisely than I did.

>>17846484

Of course I'm being presumptious, I only know so much about you, based on the greentext above. I'm also referring to my own experiences, past relationships and why they've failed. You're welcome to take everything with a grain of salt, as you should.

Look man I'm just someone on internet trying to help someone, please don't take it personally. If not you maybe my words will help other people with similar problems.
>>
Girls don't want that shit.

Girls want the feeling of sitting in their dads lap, being able to tell him all their problems, and having him say "oh really? That's nice honey. I'm sorry that happened. Don't worry sweetheart."

You're not being that for her right now. Be her rock, not her therapist.
>>
>>17846442
Tell her that's so hot baby
I actually have a burn victim fetish, so this is kinda close

Delivery is God here
They don't want you to say you care or don't care they want you to act like you care, but don't care at the same time
>>
>>17846544
that doesn't make any sense.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.