[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work at a job that has little to no management. My boss is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 7582146532532.jpg (982B, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
7582146532532.jpg
982B, 275x183px
I work at a job that has little to no management. My boss is supposed to come in and check on me every couple of weeks or so. I've not seen my boss in four months, and I stopped showing up after 5 weeks or so.

I plug in my surveys at the end of the day, as if I had been working, and always submit a black box as the picture of the receipt to prove I was working.

I've been not working for four months and been getting paid for 25 hours a week. My friends got me thinking that what I'm doing may be illegal.

Is there anyway outside of just being fired (lol) that would happen if/when I'm caught doing this?
>>
>>17846091

do you mean is there any other consequence? i doubt it. its just a guy showing up and not doing his job. if i were you id just start doing your job.

how are you ever going to do something important if you literally have no integrity?
>>
>>17846114
Good point, but I know I have no integrity. Thanks for answering regardless.
>>
>>17846114
>something important
>implying his job is important
>implying anything has meaning besides meaning we impose
>implying he doesn't find meaning in the pursuits he takes in the extra free time he gets
>>
>>17846130
>implying he does anything meaningful with the free time he has.
>>
i don't really know the legal status of your choices, but your employer could definitely fire you a/o have an open and shut lawsuit against you for the sum of your ill-got wages.
just keep your mouth shut and do you job before it comes back to fuck you over
>>
maybe you can be taken to civil court, but you're not doing anything illegal. you're just a shitty employee.

what do you do anyway where you can not work for so long and never caught?
>>
I hope you like Pound Me In The Ass Penitentiary, OP. That's where you're headed.
>>
>>17846224
>have an open and shut lawsuit against you
I don't think that would work if OP is just not showing up to his job. Firing of course, lawsuit, not so much.
>>
>>17846231
I'm a free sample guy in america.
>>
>>17846091
it's called wage theft.
it's illegal.
>>
>>17846326
>wage theft.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wage_theft
>Wage theft is the denial of wages or employee benefits that are rightfully owed to an employee. Wage theft can be conducted through various means such as: failure to pay overtime, minimum wage violations, employee misclassification, illegal deductions in pay, working off the clock, or not being paid at all.

Google is difficult, I get it man.
>>
>>17846350
Sure, the technical term is "Employee Theft", but essentially the dude is stealing wages, so i used that word. You must be from /pol/ where the rest of the nazi's hang out.
>>
>>17846397
>Employee Theft
If they're not checking in, and the boss is supposed to every few weeks, that's on them. I see no legal penalty for this. Just incompetent management.

>He disagreed so he's a NAZI
lol
>>
>>17846413
i was thinking more along the lines of grammar nazi
>>
>>17846450
That's not grammar, you flatly used the wrong fucking term for it.
>>
>>17846397
>it's the /pol/ is a boogeyman episode
>>
OP you are officially a certified scumbag, Congratz
>>
Your boss is gonna find out and kick your ass. That's what is going to happen to you. He's gonna say "HEY OP, YOU STOLE FROM ME, I'M GONNA BEAT THAT ASS NOW"
>>
>>17846584
>>17846588
Yes, yes, burn me at the stake.

I just want to know if what I'm doing is illegal.
>>
>>17846616
Yep, and they could recover the money from you if you're caught. You're essentially defrauding your employer
>>
>>17846624
Are they likely to take action on the latter from some minimum wage shittard employee? It's a fairly sizeable company if that wasn't obvious.
>>
>>17846616
I was just saying he's gonna wanna fight you.

I worked at a mom an pop place once and the owner tried to fight some kid who worked there. It was hilarious. He ended up dragging him out of the store by his shirt collar.
>>
Just actually do your job for a few weeks and whatever and then quit. Find a new job. The end.

You're just a shit employee. It's on your boss for not actually checking to make sure you're not dicking around.
>>
>>17846632
Possibly, it's at least 400 hours that they've paid you for that you haven't actually worked, and a lot more if you continue to do this any longer. That's not an insignificant amount, even if it is minimum wage. Even if it's not a full-blown court case, small claims courts are a thing and they could pursue it that way
>>
>>17846640
Yeah, maybe you're right. I'll go for a bit then quit. Thanks

>>17846653
Thanks for the insight, didn't think of it that way.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.