[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cartoon pilot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
Hey /adv/ I'm an aspiring animator with a TV show idea. I'm currently a sophomore in college but my dream is the be the next Alex Hirsch or Rebecca Sugar.

I've recently finished a rough draft of the script for the pilot of my cartoon, and while everyone Ive shown it to seemed to genuinely like it, it's been far from constructive or helpful criticism.

I've been considering just posting the script online like on /co/ for example to get feedback, but have concerns. This would be the first real impression people got of my cartoon so if the script doesn't hold up for whatever reason, I'm worried people will remember that when its farther along the creative process. There also the concerns of the idea being stolen but from what I've read that's more of a silly paranoia than a real concern.

Tl;Dr how to I get a cartoon pilot script reviewed and judged in a way that doesn't decrease its chances of getting on TV.
>>
>>17845368
Keep it secret.
Work in the industry.
Build rapport.
Then show it to the the big shots.
>>
>>17845404
That's interesting advice, but mostly at odds with what I've heard honestly.

Everything I've read so far says the best way to get a show picked up while retaining as much creative control as possible is by having a pilot get popular. Pitch to the audience, etc etc.

My stretch goal of sorts is to have a fully animated/completed pilot by the time I graduate, or failing that at least a decent animatic.
>>
>>17845434

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Better to start producing your first short.
Show it to everyone.
Get feedback.
Refine your skills.
Make the next short. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>17845368

there are actually companies that will pay to review it for you and if it is good they will pass it along to an agency.

that being said, if yo uwant, I'll read it:

[email protected]

I have written several animated pilots myself, as well as gotten some smaller animation projects off the ground (independently).

that being said stop saying
>i want to be the next rebecca sugar or alex hiersch

try to be the first YOU.

we get it, you want to animate. saying you want to be those people doesn't make it any clearer. just makes it seem like its less about personal interest and more about fame.
>>
I can voice act id like to do something like this
>>
>>17847368
Really? Op here and after I got a more solid script I was planning on making some sort of voiced story board.

Are you a man or a woman and do you have a quality mic?
>>
>>17847391
Actual VA here. If you're going to hit CO with it, change a lot of it and only give relevant snippets for review.

Make a storyboard or ashcan production of it for limited review.

Having VA work done for a project in its infanCy Is a Lil pointless as the parent company will tap a talent studio for actors. Those fucks know what to use for the target market.

Lastly, aspiring to greatness is good. Don't imitate the trend setters though. Sugar, for example, is already getting stale and her sjw left leaning pandering won't last much longer...regardless of how cute n comfy SU is at times
>>
>>17847445
I know voice work at this point isn't going to stay in the final product, my idea was just to make as complete of a pilot as I can to show off.

As for what I said about being the next Rebecca sugar or Alex Hirsch, I was referring to what they do, series creator. I just didn't know exactly how to put that in a better way.
>>
>>17847478
I get where you were going with it. Just trying to give real industry perspective. IF you're considering VA for a rough draft presentation, a word of advice. Get pepole who know how to act. Trained amature who are good at imitations or voice/pitch matching are one thing, but someone who knows the ebb and flown of tempo, inflection, volume control, emotion conveyance, etc....that's the kind of folks you want. Non union prices will vary depending on who you can find . Union prices will cost you probably 120 to 150 minimum for raw files...you have to do the sound editing.

That being said, for aspiring VA faggot minimum requirements, I would recommend the following

Use of Adobe audition 5.5 cs or higher

Dedictated condenser mic...no headsets. Something like a Samson c01 or c03-u usb models are good.

A true quiet space . Kill the AC, ceiling fan, kick the dog cat or bird out.

Record in WAV format. better for post production editing

Do a dozen takes of a line for variety
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.