[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fell for the college meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: anatomy_art.jpg (41KB, 682x682px) Image search: [Google]
anatomy_art.jpg
41KB, 682x682px
Hey /adv/ I'm having an existential crisis.

Im in college right now as an art major. Its a good art school in upstate ny. Im thinking of dropping out. I feel like im in an adult daycare center isolated from the real world. I'm getting robbed at every turn, and have to take classes I don't want to take.

I'm from the city so back home I have een more recources than what i have here. I could teach myself on my own and take like one or 2 college classes a semester just for feedback.

What should I do?
>>
>art major

Drop out or change your major to something useful.
>>
>>17845210
>I feel like im in an adult daycare center isolated from the real world.
its art school so yes you are. I hate all these "follow your dreams and the money will come" bullshit teachings. For everyone 1 art student that makes it, theres 100 who dont.
Learn a trade or a skill, get a degree in something practical and follow art as a passion or minor but dont major in it
>went to theater school for acting
>dropped out and became an electrician
>joined a local theater group in my spare time
way more practical and im getting more out of it
>>
>>17845210

It honestly depends on what you want and the alternatives, if you do drop out will you be satisfied with something else? Or is this the only thing you have EVER wanted to do? These are the type of questions you have to ask yourself, the difference between someone who makes it and who doesn't is how determined they are to reach it but in that doesn't mean you will get it for sure which is why it is always a scary thing because of that reason.

At the end of the day it honestly depends on your goal for this art major, is it because of money? Or fame?
>>
>>17845210

I think this is a good opportunity to learn this lesson.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get."

- Conan O'Brien

I guarantee you. Even if you switch your major, uni, or career you'll be still unhappy.
>>
>>17845210
>I'm in college as an art major at an art school
>I feel like I'm in an adult daycare center isolated from the real world.
>I'm getting robbed at every turn
No shit, you fucking retard.
You should have taken a STEM degree from a real college. I'm laughing at your life right now.
>>
>>17845210

Change yous major ASAP. Don't make the mistake I made. I majored in Literature because i had to make the choice when I lived with my parents, but now that i have economic needs, i regret have chosen this shit. Go for a good paying major in an area you can work on without going nuts. Believe me. Now that i'm older, i wish i could back in time to when i was 20 and pick anything besides this shit.
>>
>>17845427
was taking a computer fixing course and dident do so well cant find jobs. should i pick a different career dunno wat i wanna do
>>
Yeah it's been known for a while art degrees are worthless.

If you want to make art, practice. You can't learn how to be a good artist. That's not how it works.

Change your major or get a job and practice art in your free time. It's not necessary to go to art school to make it as an artist.
>>
>>17846268

check finance or accounting. Ant STEM is going to be good. But you have to start ASAP and go for internships soon to not go out from college with no experience. This is extremely important.
>>
>>17846276
bump
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.