[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dad is dating a woman for barely a month. The reason is "to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1469969138245.jpg (2MB, 1884x2832px) Image search: [Google]
1469969138245.jpg
2MB, 1884x2832px
My dad is dating a woman for barely a month. The reason is "to get over things." Which includes my mother having passed barely two months ago. She's (the new woman) almost moved in at this point, considering how many nights in a row she stays over. The question I'm asking is is he a narcissist? He is using a woman to get over another woman. I also don't think he's facing reality.
>>
How do you go from "dad is dating another woman to get over moms death" to "he's a narcissist"? These 2 things have nothing in common.

Also he is facing reality. Unless he's trying to pretend that other woman is his dead wife the simple fact that he's dating someone else means that he accepted that his wife had died.
>>
He is not over your moms death at all he just feels a big empty hole in his heart this woman just fills the hole temporarily. Probably the reason she lives with you now, poor guy is just sad and afraid of being alone.
>>
File: Genos crashed.jpg (164KB, 426x306px) Image search: [Google]
Genos crashed.jpg
164KB, 426x306px
>>17845209
Hang the fuck on, I've seen this thread before...

Yeah, in fact, I last saw it about a week ago
How do I know you're not a troll?
>>
>>17845209
not your business
he will deal with things his way, you deal with things your way
>>
>>17845243
He's using a woman... as a thing... to get over something else. The reason he's with her is to get over someone else, and plainly states it. It's not that he wants to be with her because she's a decent person or anything, it's to get over someone else. How would you feel if you were dating someone that dated you to get over someone else? Doesn't it seem like a rebound thing to do?

>>17845266
Nah, not a troll. Just having to watch the new reality move in, a little too fast for me, personally.

>>17845269
Actually, since this woman is potentially going to be my step-mom, it's very much my business. Unless, of course, you don't think children should stay in the lives of their parents, or that parents want to remain in the lives of their children, after a certain age. One of my cousins almost attacked the bitch, so obviously I'm not the only affected by this.
>>
>>17845313
>Nah, not a troll

Well, first, I feel sorry for your loss. Honestly, I would kill everyone in the world just to see her again

As for your old man, just put yourself in his place. Imagine trying to handle the lonelyness he's having right now. Besides, I bet your mother didn't want him to be sad for the rest of his days, so don't worry mate. Just talk to him
>>
>>17845313
>He's using a woman... as a thing... to get over something else

That's not narcissism, that's using someone else for comfort.
>>
>>17845325
>besides, I bet I know your mother

Would you change your mind if you knew she planned on killing a girl that my dad was getting too close to?

This new woman sleeps next to a picture of my mom when she stays over. How weird is that?
>>
>>17845329
Using someone else as an extension of themselves is a narcissist thing to do.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.