[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Family member got scammed big. Lost so much money and savings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Family member got scammed big. Lost so much money and savings thanks to con artist. He pretended to provide migration services, had office and company. All fraud. later it's discovered he closed company, stolen money. He now has different front, services for schools. He is lawyer without license and is well covered by law. Problem also I'm not in same country and anything is costly. I know some who are though. And I know his home address.

I reported to police online, nothing came out of it. I thought I could either keep pressing him by mailing letters or hire anyone cheap to negotiate on our behalf. Thought of PI but they might be expensive and won't get us back money. Don't know what to do...
>>
what country?
>>
>>17844176

Aus. Scammer is related to mafia or at least used to be.
>>
looks like your family member is fucked. Decisions have consequences and shitty decisions usually means shitty consequences. Take the loss and let them learn from their mistakes, don't keep going and lose anything else.
>>
>>17844285
Yes but there must be a way. Sure we don't have much leverage but fraud is fraud. And he continues to do fraud.
>>
>>17844295
How is it fraud? Like you've told us he has the law on his side. So how is it fraud?

Your family member obviously didn't do their research and getting involved with someone who supposedly has ties to the mafia doesn't sound like a sensible idea does it?

This isn't a fairytale, learn when to take your losses.
>>
>>17844285
Thing is he is not smart. He just gets away with it by making it look he knows what he's doing.
>>
>>17844370
Well if he's not smart, what does that say for you and your family member?
>>
>>17844369
I didn't say he has law on his side. How could that be? I meant he will be hard to prosecute and police have better things to do.

I'm guessing he has ties to mafia, I don't know for a fact. He's an immigrant from a long time and the people he deals with are famous for corruption. We did not know that till later.
>>
>>17844377

How is he "well covered by law" if the law is not on his side? I take it English isn't your first language.

How can you guess he has ties to the mafia? What would make you think that? It seems like a bit of a leap.

And if you didn't find out shit about him till AFTER you handed your money over, you clearly didn't do the research in the first place.
>>
>>17844373
There is a lot of missing context. To be honest this is a very easy to pull scam on foreigners, with almost no consequences.
>>
>>17844386

So you want us to give you relevant advice without bothering to give us appropriate context or checking that anything you're saying is even accurate because you can't speak English?

Yeah you sound really smart.
>>
>>17844394
I think I explained whats necessary very well. No one forced you to help.
>>
>>17844402

You haven't explained anything, many things you've said are either wildly inaccurate or complete fabrications. No one forced me to help, but you're on an advice board wasting everyone's time (including your own)
>>
>>17844410
Must you always have an axe to grind. Just say you can't help. I've already talked to lawyers and they either said it's costly or tough luck. I already bullied him to get a small sliver of what he took. But this also is part of the scam, to leave the victim with something positive in the end.
>>
>>17844431

It's not that I can't help, but you're refusing to tell us the whole story, apply context to anything you have given, added complete guesswork and refusing to communicate effectively. It's not that I can't help you, you don't have the intelligence to be able to help yourself.

*continues grinding axe*
>>
>>17844447
Thanks for the report card that nobody asked for. I'll be sure to improve the coming semester in 4chan school.
>>
>>17844458

Thanks for wasting my time because you're just an attention seeker as opposed to someone who's genuinely seeking helpful advice. Back to school seems like the only smart thing you've said today, I'd defo recommend the crash course in "how not to be a fucking waste of skin".
>>
>>17844461
Okay troll. You have a soft spot for scammers. Don't cry when you get fooled by Nigerian prince.
>>
>>17844168
Bump
>>
>>17844168
What are you, some shitskin trying to get into Australia? Fuck off. If your home country sucks, why would anyone want the people who made it suck in their nice countries?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.