[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/. Long story short, my eating disorder has been really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_nhvzd2.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_nhvzd2.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
Hey /adv/. Long story short, my eating disorder has been really hard to deal with this past week or so. I've been restricting my calories (~300 a day) and I've lost 8 pounds this week.

Here's the problem: I haven't said anything about it to my boyfriend. He knows something is up but is assuming it's the fact that I'm on my period and thinks that's why I'm so upset this week. I feel like an AWFUL girlfriend for not saying anything, but whenever I tell him I feel like an annoyance and that makes me spiral downwards even worse. We're in a long distance relationship, have been for over a year now, and I know a huge part of that depends on trust, and I don't know if I'm breaking his trust not telling him about this. It just seems easier for me to let it all happen and eventually I'll tell myself to eat normally again, I always do. I don't know what to do, I need other points of view.

tldr; haven't told my boyfriend that ny eating disorder is worse again, am I a bad girlfriend? am I breaking his trust by not telling him,
>>
>>17843913
The fact that you care means youre a good girlfriend. If i was in his shoes, i would appreciate you being open and honest.
>>
>>17843913
Why do you consciously restrict your calories? What's the eating disorder?
>>
>>17843931
To lose weight. I was told by my old psychiatrist that I had an eating disorder but he never gave it a name or anything. I've just been assuming EDNOS bc I'm not bulimic or anorexic.
>>
>>17843939
I think that, like >>17843921 said, you obviously care a lot which is good, but if you have a long-term, serious relationship, I think he deserves to know about something as fundamental as your health.

For example, if you had, say, high blood pressure, you would tell him that even thought it doesn't affect him, right?

Also, since you seem really hesitant to tell him, I assume you haven't told anyone (except from that psychiatrist). If he knows this, he could help you get through it. Why do you want to lose weight? Are you overweight, or are you worried about your body image? Either way, eating 300 calories a day is (as you probably know) way too little. You could end up with more serious health conditions that could be very expensive and much more damaging to your health in the long term. Talking it through with your boyfriend could end up in him helping you lose weight in a healthier way.
>>
>>17843966
Last year I tried recovery, so everybody knows, especially him. He does help a lot, but when I get this latched onto the thought of loosing weight again I get scared to tell him, because obviously he's not going to be fine with it.

I've always been really worried about the way I look, and a couple years ago lost around 50 pounds resticting. I gained probably 35 of it back and freaked out, and I go on little bouts of restricting, and by doing that I'm back to my lowest weight. Still not good enough for me, obviously, but it probably won't ever be, lol. It's just hard, losing weight in a healthy way doesn't seem possible for me. I either eat too much and stay the same weight, or I restrict and lose.
>>
>>17844002
How would you describe your body, and is exercise not an option?
>>
>>17844009
I mean, I'm not fat.... at least I don't think I am? There's days I think I am, then days I think I'm the average weight for my height. I don't really know, I've got some body dysmorphic issues, I don't know if what I'm seeing is accurate or not.
Exercise is a weird thing for me. It usually only happens when I'm restricting. If I'm trying to eat regularly and exercise I end up doing way too much because in my mind, if I eat that much food (anything over 500 cals) I need to work it off so the net cals are no more than 500.
>>
>>17843913
As another girl who struggles with disordered eating, I just wanted to say that I feel for you.
All guys are different, so I can't really tell you how your boyfriend is going to react. My last boyfriend I never told about my issues, even though we were together for three years and lived together for two of them. I told him I ate at work. I knew he would freak out, blame himself, and hover over everything I ate. He would develop an unhealthy obsession with what I was doing. And I already had an unhealthy obsession about fixing his life, so I couldn't let that happen.

My current boyfriend I've only been with for three months, and I already feel comfortable telling him. He's a very warm and smart guy. We've come to an agreement that our relationship is not going to be about fixing each other. We can turn to each other for help, but the other isn't going to take responsibility for our own lives.
He said that as long as I don't lose a dangerous amount of weight and start showing signs of serious malnutrition, he's not going to bother me about it.

When I'm with him, I do try to eat, but sometimes I just can't stomach it. When I say 'no thanks' he'll say, "Are you sure you're not hungry?" I'll make a point of really thinking through my processes. Sometimes I'll concede. But sometimes I'll insist that I don't want anything. He won't press the issue, and I appreciate that.

I know he worries about me, just like I worry about some of his problems (like smoking). But neither of us are going to get through our own issues by letting someone else dictate our lives. That's called codependency. We are adults and individuals, and the responsibility of our well-being sits with ourselves.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.