[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cotton swab alt.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: ear killer.jpg (6KB, 235x164px) Image search: [Google]
ear killer.jpg
6KB, 235x164px
Recently I've been getting really bad wax build up in my ear. Everyone says don't use cotton swabs to clean out, it'll only make it worse. So I try these shitty ear cleaning kits at walgreens and they don't work.

tl;dr, anyone know a better thing to clean ears with than cotton swabs?
>>
>>17843576

Get them syringed OP, you wont look back.
>>
>>17843576
>So I try these shitty ear cleaning kits at walgreens and they don't work.

I have dealt with the same problem for years.
Doctor recommended method too.

Make sure you have one of those bulb syringes from the ear cleaning kit. Mix 1 part warm water with 1 part hydrogen peroxide. Lay on your side and fill your ear with the mixture, wait a minute and then rinse your ear out with the bulb syringe using clean warm water only (no hydrogen peroxide).

More specifically, hold your head over the sink, with your ear canal facing down as you squirt water upwards into your ear using the bulb syringe. Repeat this two to three times. Do not reapply the hydrogen peroxide solution until the next day.

Equally you could simply squirt the hydrogen peroxide solution into your ear over the sink.

I genuinely get like 1-2 rice grain sized chunks that come out and my hearing is instantly better.
If you are still clogged or no huge results are made then wait 24 hours and do it again. Doing it too much in one sitting can irritate your ears and if you do it the next day the wax will be soft and come out more easily than the first time.

And if you go to a doctor, this is exactly what they will do..
>>
>>17843595
Is there another way that doesn't involve filling your ear with liquid? I cringe when merely thinking about it
>>
>>17843614
>Is there another way that doesn't involve filling your ear with liquid?
No, now grow up.
>>
>>17843614

That is exactly what getting your ear syringed is as well.

You could go to an ent doctor and have them professionally remove it with tweezers. But

1) you will have to go to the doctor every so often to get it done as it tends to be a recurring problem

2) They will most definitely loosen your earwax by putting some form of solution in your ear.

>Is there another way that doesn't involve filling your ear with liquid?
So, no, there is no safe/healthy or long term method that does not include some form of liquid in your ear.

Also, do you not shower at all, or go swimming? People tend to get liquid in they're ears often and im curious as to where the line is drawn for you or why it is so cringe worthy in your book.
>>
File: 121055001.jpg (151KB, 700x958px) Image search: [Google]
121055001.jpg
151KB, 700x958px
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.