[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drawing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: PF003168.gif (24KB, 420x224px) Image search: [Google]
PF003168.gif
24KB, 420x224px
So this might sound strange but there is an app on phones called LINE and its basically an chat room kinda thing you text your friends with. They have a service that people can make their own stickers and submit them to possibly be put on the store. Pic related is the kinda stickers the site uses. Basically I want to learn how to draw and make graphic art to submit to the website and just get better in general.

>What is a good drawing tablet to get that is small and portable and affordable

>What program would be good to use to start making those stickers
>>
>>17842845
Bump
>>
The best art tablet to get for starting is the Wacom Bamboo. It works well and it's cheap, a great beginner's tablet.

A good digital art program to start with is FireAlpacA, since it's pretty functional and free. You generally want a program that has layers. Clip Studio Paint is a more professional one. You have to pay for it but it goes on sale quite often. If you wait for a sale you can nab it for $20.

And then just draw. You don't even need the stuff mentioned above to practice. Doodle in notebooks, draw faces. Observe real people and watch their expressions. Don't just copy from cartoons. Look at real things and figure out how to distill them into simplified and exaggerated versions. Try different things, see what works. And just draw.
>>
>>17843097
Correction, Wacom's Bamboo Fun in particular is the small and cheap one.

Bigger is generally better when it comes to tablets, but if you're starting out and not sure if you're going to stick with it, just get a small one for the price factor. You can upgrade later if you realize you're enjoying yourself and want to stick with it.
>>
>>17843102
I wanted a small one so I can use it around my house or at someone elses house if I get bored or something, ya know. Didnt wanna lug something around. But by handheld I mean like a normal size of a tablet or something.
>>
>>17843102
>>17843115
Hold up I just googled the wacom bamboo and thats not what I was talking about lol, idk the word but what I was looking for was literally a tablet that you draw on the screen, not something you plug into a computer and draw, I actually already have one of those
>>
>>17843102
https://www.amazon.com/CHUWI-Optimized-featuring-Processor-1920x1200/dp/B01M0308HO/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1481421410&sr=1-2&refinements=p_n_operating_system_browse-bin%3A3077595011%2Cp_n_operating_system_browse-bin%3A12035944011%2Cp_36%3A1253506011

This was what I was looking at, idk if it'll be something good to draw with honestly, never looked into stuff like this before.
>>
>>17843118
Are you talking about a Cintiq-style art tablet, or a tablet computer?
>>
>>17843189
I have no idea what its called but basically what I want it something thats a decently small size like idk 13 inches or something to lay on my lap and draw from that only. I went on wacom's website and say they had what I am looking for BUT its 1k so thats no option. My friend has a big drawing tablet that has to connect to her computer which is annoying. I want a portable drawing device thats decently afordable. Im looking to drop like 200 maybe 250.
>>
>>17843189
sorry for the shit explaination idk why I am struggling to say what im looking for when it seems like a simple thing. I found what I am talking about though, its the picture
>>
>>17843205
That's a Cintiq, or cintiq-style, and you are not going to find any worth their salt that are that cheap. This kind of tablet is expensive.

And going for a tablet computer isn't really a cheaper option, either.

It's either fork out the cash or stick with a standard art tablet. Sorry, man. I wish it wasn't that way, too. Wacom pretty much has a monopoly, because they're pretty much the only company out there who makes a decent one. I've heard of other companies that try to make competitors, but I also haven't heard of a single one working well.
>>
>>17843266
So if I get some 250 tablet and download some art programs that won't be good enough to start off with?
>>
>>17843272
That will be good enough to start with. You don't need fancy tools to start.

I'm just saying that a Cintiq is a high-end tablet. They're expensive. Even a good standard tablet will often run you upwards of $300.

All you -really- need to learn how to draw is pencil and paper. But for digital stuff, start small and cheap. A little standard tablet and one of the two programs recommended above, and you're fine.
>>
>>17843279
ok that sounds good then, thanks
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.