[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do shrooms help if you're a self-conscious mess for no reason?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Download.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
Do shrooms help if you're a self-conscious mess for no reason? I'm tall, fit and fashionable but my self-esteem has always been so low. Can shrooms/lsd help with that or should I stay away from it?
>>
>>17842337

some people take drugs and THINK it helps. some people take them and they help temporarily. some people take them and maybe it does really help.

but unfortunately, there is no guarantee or even general guideline for it.

i doubt taking a mushroom will make you deal with your insecurities.
>>
>>17842343
I constantly read articles of how it helps with depression and anxiety and that so many people say it was a life changing experience.
>>
>>17842357

its literally getting high. you can call it life changing if you want, but most of the people who say that changed their lives from normal people to stoners. just sayian.

go on a sober walk about.
>>
>>17842337
shrooms, like most drugs, are fun.
and thats it. no spiritual bullshit or whatever.
>>
>>17842370
You sure? Is it just a reddit meme then?
>>
>>17842384

its literal science OP.

everyone who gets high an thinks they had a spiritual experience thinks so because THEY WERE HIGH. you can try to argue that its both. but instead of saying 'im gonna take illegal drugs to fix my self consciousness' why not just try and focus on it sober?
>>
>>17842392
Well from what I hear you can get therapeutical benefits from it and explore your issues more deeply. Guess not, then.
>>
>>17842384
no, just retards with mental issues.
you don't get to talk to god or get some epiphany.
>>
>>17842398

we havent done it (or at least i havent) so were just speaking out of science. and if you ask people who got high, they'll be speaking out of delusion.

what you want to do is study how people actually react to it, not how they SAY they reacted to it.

a lot of people believe they've changed when they haven't. others will say they have simply to fit in with the others who had a spiritual experience.

i have one friend who took shrooms, said he now udnerstood ego death and was starting his journey to being a better person. bring up shrooms and he will recite that.

but hes still teh same shitty person he always has been, its all about him and how the universe has foresaken him and hes just some tragic character meant to suffer in life.
>>
you could try staying off 4chan
>>
>>17842419
eh I'd still be a lonely loser with issues
>>
>>17842398
it has some therapeutical benefits.. take some shrooms + mdma and go on a psytrance party. you'll have an awesome night, and i'm sure an awesome night has some therapeutial benefits.
>>
File: LZ6.jpg (86KB, 622x338px) Image search: [Google]
LZ6.jpg
86KB, 622x338px
>>17842337
Honesty man I'm not sure

But I tried mushrooms once (mircodosed 2grams). I didn't full out hallucinate , but colors were more vivid. Nature was more vibrant and I had the confidence to (for the first time in my life) walk up to this woman I lived next door to and ask out. I later told her I was on mushrooms when I asked her out but it was genuine. She said yes, Given it didn't work out. It changed my life.

I was so depressed and self conscious before that day. I was also very very anxious.

I had a great time the rest of the experience and listened to music and smoked a joint (that intensified it).

Anyhow, The "afterglow" of the experience lasted almost a full year. I had no depression, I was happier, WAY more social, and I felt confident talking to women.

If I could find mushrooms I would do it again once a year and live my life amazingly and genuinely happy and not depressed.

I can also say I experienced no anxiety some people report from psychedelics. Probably because of the small dose
>>
Please don't take the advice of 4chan over the advice of your own research. It's possible that shrooms will help you with your depression, and it's possible that they will do nothing for your depression. If you have access to them, and you can afford them, it's unlikely that they will hurt you in any way as long as you take them safely, so it's worth a shot.
But whatever you do, don't expect anything in particular to happen. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make when taking psychedelics is expecting something specific to happen during the trip. If you expect this one thing to happen and it doesn't happen, you're probably going to be too disappointed with what you didn't see to be able to get anything out of what you DID see.
>>
>>17842431
>If I could find mushrooms
leave your room ? they are literally growing everywhere.
or if you are too lazy to pick them, just get some 4-aco-dmt from some online vendor. 4-aco-dmt gets de-acylated to 4-ho-dmt in your body.
>>
>>17842431
should've mentioned that i want to microdose it
>>
You need to be in a good state of mind or else you'll bad trip. What helped my anxiety and low self esteem was weed/hash and a lot of contemplating. But remember these are a means to an end, tools that should not be abused. Or you'll end up falling down a deep rabbit hole.
>>
>>17842442
They don't grow EVERYWHERE in EVERY climate. Also I don't want to take an RC or risk growing them.

Maybe one day I'll find someone who has them. I ask around periodically
>>
>>17842451
Is there a big chance of getting dangerous ware when buying off the streets? Don't know shit about drugs so I'm naive lel
>>
>>17842337

I don't recommend it.
I have similar issues op.
A little alcohol or weed helps me to relax but shrooms make me excessively hyper and creative.
While my experiences were remarkable and i wasn't even thinking about my physical form, my train of thought was far from stable. Anyone i encountered would've known i was on something. Eyes as big as moons.
It felt a bit like a transformation of sorts.

I hallucinated big time and i could hear voices in a weird language over 10 hours later. Everyone reacts differently, but in my opinion its definitely not appropriate for practical use for anxiety.
>>
>>17842337
Mushrooms are plant teachers. They will show you what you need to see not what you want to see. Depending on your dosage. I'd recommend at least 3g.
>>
The brain is a complex thing and either way - if its just a high maybe you giggle and have fun for a bit and have a happy mood for a few weeks your life improves whatever.. or you have a deep experience that has its ups and downs and you change the way you live.. its all up to what your mind is set on and truth is yeah its a high but what if that "high" is a real thing that our brains simply cannot perceive in normal reality but with the help of the chemicals in the shrooms you are seeing this other thing.. WHO KNOWS!
>>
So where do you find them in december lel
>>
>>17842645
you are 3-4 months late, better luck next year.
>>
>>17842524
I know people don't usually cut mushrooms lol.

The worst thing that will happen buying mushrooms is

1. It's a cop (which cops don't generally try to sell mushrooms because not many people use them)

2. You get mostly stems and no caps (caps are more powerful)

So that's the worst that will happen
>>
>>17842650
feck

Local drug dealer didnt have any either. Told me theres a thai shop that just sells them tho lel
>>
>>17842669
every fucking online headshop sells them, and most rc vendors sell 4-ho-dmt or 4-aco-dmt
>>
>>17842673
They do?? Isn't it illegal? Again, noob here
>>
>>17842688
selling shrooms ? depends on the country. they just don't care about the laws of the country they ship to.
>>
>>17842706
So could I get arrested if they catch it at the border?
>>
>>17842715
Not him but if your in the US you will just get a letter and your package seized. Basically the letter will say don't do that again and you are breaking federal laws.

I got 3 of these letters in 2010 and 2011 for buying Xanax and Codeine from india
>>
>>17842337
Do the shrooms and meditate on loving yourself. Then continue to meditate in loving yourself afterwards. You could meditate on loving yourself without the shrooms but that might take too long before inspiring results are achieved.
>>
File: 1479071943301.jpg (685KB, 1563x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1479071943301.jpg
685KB, 1563x2000px
I've tripped a few times be it shrooms or mescaline. They're different, but I do urge you to enter it with a positive mindset and a very comfortable, safe environment. I've seen many trips and had one or two go bad due to anxiety, negative moods, people suddenly realizing their environment wasn't good for tripping, etc. One bad thought can snowball if you let it in that state.

I usually fast and meditate before a trip. Usually I keep a tiny notebook to document things. As many have said here you won't 'see God', but you'll gain a new perspective on things while tripping. I recommend doing them out in or near nature and meditating during the experience. You have to let them take control of the wheel and if you fight it it'll turn out bad.

I don't know if it'll help depression but I've had trips clean out 'mental gunk'. One specific trip involved me being worried about my career, suddenly I just separated from myself and was able to view all of my problems as if I were, say, a friend. I was completely detached from myself. I realized some worries were silly and the stress was unnecessary since they were mostly easily solved with hard work. The next few weeks I had a spring in my step and was cheerful to everyone in the office.

If you try them be safe, get comfortable and maybe have a sitter since you're green.
>>
File: 1453779553793.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453779553793.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
>>17842363
>go on a sober walk about.
sounds like he did and found it lacking..
>>17842392
>spiritual experience
care to share something more defined in any form of history...keep in mind massive swaths of what we consider a spiritual experience is fucking loons off current days meds and banned from practices of old.
>>17842407
pretty darn close to how i feel about it. but to be honest its one of those cluster fucks(shrooms) of a situation that makes it hard to gather much of what is gained altered minds in all.
>>17842431
I am the same I try every 6 months or so. some true degenerates will drive drunk hundreds of times a year but give me shit for eating some FUNgi ...nawwwww that shit is laughable like my english.

dose depends on person yes, my most heroic dosee was 8.3 grams....took more thinking it wasnt working i was mistaken and taken somewhere else.
>>17842435
Shrooms are more of a body high. its a little push forward but the stronger the dose and status of your mind will affect it.
>>17842524
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPhDcP9y76Y

tldr
in terms of a bad trip...its as simple as your thought changes and you start to loop threw it. I had a bad trip last seconds but in my mind I was fucked and turned 180 fromteh room i was gonna enter cause I knew it would be worse.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.