[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car accident

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20161210-132445.png (349KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161210-132445.png
349KB, 1440x2560px
My wife and I were on our way to the gym when a commercial trailer truck started switching lanes from the right all the way to the left. She swerved to the left trying her best not to end up underneath the truck when all the sudden this white truck appears in front of us, swerving all the way to the left trying to also not die from the trailer truck. We hit the white truck from behind. Our car got completely trashed in the front. The hood got fucked up good and something started leaking. The white truck we hit just got a broken tail light. The trailer truck that caused everything, fled the scene. Cops came and we called insurance. However we were driving my mothers car when this happened and her insurance wont cover us any damage to OUR vehicle but will cover damages to the truck we hit. What can we do? There was a car in front of the truck we hit, that was also cut off by the trailer truck. The guy didn't get hit but stayed to give the police the report that it was the trailer trucks fault.

Image related. The car all the way in the front was the first one to see the truck turning to the left so he was able to get away in time. The car in front of me breaked and swerved to the left while we were just trying to swerve to the left. Had that car not break we wouldn't of hit him, but he would of ended up dead. He was very nice and seemed scared for us and for himself.
>>
>>17841741
Typically insurance follows the driver. Hence your insurance will cover YOUR car and not HERS. As far as the other vehicle. Typically it's the insurance that is on the car that covers their vehicle and any medical bills.

I mean it all really depends on the policy but typically that's how it ends it up working out. So your insurance is going to have to claim the accident on your mother's car and her insurance can claim the truck.

Take all this with a grain of sand. Like I said it's dependent on your policy, but this is usually how it ends up playing out.
>>
>>17841757
I don't understand?

My wife was driving my mothers car with my as passenger. My wife has he own car and insurance.

We didn't take my wife's cars cause it was low in gas.
>>
>>17841760
Yeah after reading what I posted it seemed a little confusing since I worded it improperly...At least the first part.

So if your wife was driving your mother's car then your wife's insurance should cover your mother's car, but your mother's insurance should cover the truck ya'll hit. This is typical if you have liability, I believe.

Like I said, it all depends on your policy. If you have liability, full coverage, and/or collision coverage etc.

If you have any concerns, which you do, just contact your insurance claims and ask them what your options are. If you can claim this some other way they will let you know. It's not like they're going to tell you that you HAVE to do it this way, unless of course that's the only choose.

I know this still sounds confusing.
>>
>>17841782
We are just worrying about insurances going up. We don't have to have them fix anything if we don't want to right?
>>
>>17841741
>Women

There's your problem.
>>
>>17841794
You are correct. You can waive having any repairs done on your own vehicle and have them cancel the claim if it was started. It won't have an impact on your insurance.

As far as fixing the other person's truck. You would have to settle that with them. As it stands I'm sure they want any damages done to their vehicle repaired. But you can always work with them and pick out a shop to do the repair then pay for the repair on your own. The insurance won't have to be involved and you can cancel that claim also.

I was driving a work truck once and someone forgot to lock the ramps for the trailer in place. Really my fault for not checking before I drove off he lot. Anyway, I was driving and they slid out on a turn and hit some ladies car. I gave her my information and told her to take it a shop, get it repaired, and let me know so I could take care of the bill. Insurance didn't have to get involved.

I've also had to cancel claims in the past before and they don't have an impact on your insurance. I didn't know any better and started a claim for an accident I was in, and I found out since it was the other driver's fault his insurance would take care of everything. I didn't need to get my insurance involved. So I just cancelled my claim.
>>
>>17842482
In that case I would have to get the guy who I hit number and stuff. I didn't get anything from him nor do I know if he wants me to pay for the damage since he drove into us. The police gave me a claim number is there any way to get the guys info?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.