[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Think I just lost all my friends and gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: mudasir1.png (1MB, 1162x603px) Image search: [Google]
mudasir1.png
1MB, 1162x603px
Every time I'm with my close circle of friends, we flow nicely and talk about anything. Like friends do.

Whenever I bring my girlfriend with me, all my fucking shortcomings are layed out and discussed. I become the butt-end of every joke and they talk about me in third person while I'm right fucking there.

Now, my girl venting her frustrations about me to others is totally healthy and should be done. But its right in front of me, and no one asks me about my side of the story before assuming I'm a dick because "he did this and that in this way lol"... it's not just my girlfriend who starts it either.

I have talked to them about this and expressed my feelings towards them taking her side every time, but they play it off as if I'm too sensitive and paranoid.

So yesterday we had a few drinks, the above stated happened (of course) and I flipped shit calling them all out on it.

Today I'm viewed as totally insane, paranoid and childish by all parties involved because I clearly over reacted and "you banter too, y'know".

If everyone is against me, it must be that they're right and I am over sensitive pic related. But I still feel that I am right and they are dicks when my gf is brought to the scene.

What do you think?
>>
>>17841228
You sound insecure about your shortcomings

When that happens in certain groups, especially males is that they prod at each other's insecurities in a way of saying "why do you care so much if you have a lisp, we love you, stop being such a downer about it, you're accepted, we're gonna fucking force this shit out of you if we have to, be at our level"

The key is to accept whatever they make fun of you about because there's some truth to it. Once you do that it makes it easy to not care and be able to joke back at them.

It's not the healthiest group dynamic probably but it's definitely one of the most common
>>
File: mudasir22.png (610KB, 929x597px) Image search: [Google]
mudasir22.png
610KB, 929x597px
>>17841245
I am insecure about my shortcomings, yeah. Aren't you? I deeply appreciate someone sitting me down and telling me about them, whatever they may be but this is done in really poor fashion.
There is always some truth, if not all of it but it just goes on and on and on...I banter them too in the same way, only I do it to their face without teaming up with the others on it.

I guess I'm too sensitive and they're right then.
>>
>>17841268
My friend group pretty much shits on each other all the time too, and they make fun of me because I have feminine mannerisms, have braces at 20, date 17 year olds and other shit. I make fun of my friends for being fat, chewbbaca hairy, and for being a nigger. The point is everyone has things that makes us a bit embarrassed, being able to be open about it without being hurt forms strong bonds between friends. society tells men to not be open about their feelings so making fun of each other is our sorta work around it. Its really all love
>>
>>17841268
And when your gf is around you kinda become the focus because they wanna talk about you with her. Paints a big target on your back

You'll do fine
>>
>>17841245
>>17841291
Not OP, but shit like this is probably why I'll never have genuine bonds with anyone. If I wanted to be friends with someone I can't see any reason why I should bring shit up that will hurt or embarrass them. It sounds counterintuitive to me. I feel like I should support them or be more understanding to whatever issues they are having.
>>
>>17841325
You can be understanding and bring it up at the same time, it just doesn't usually happen in groups of men more in one on one or three way situations

Me an my 2homies are the only ones that smoke so we share a lot of personal shit that we don't with the bigger group and we supa close and understanding with eachother

Don't give up on friends :^)
>>
>>17841245
Are you the nice guy type OP? I'm not saying fedora wearing white knite, but are you passive and willing to gobout of your way for people even when they are asking for too much? If that's the case then people are going to hold you to a different standard. "OP never yells at us, what the hell, what's gotten into him?". When you're that type of person, one who never really gets to express your real anger or frustration you have to becareful because people like that tend to not have a good filter developed as a result and let too much out at the wrong time.
>>
>>17841228

Yeah honestly I'd be pretty pissed too, I don't think your girlfriend venting to your mates is healthy at all, her issues or frustrations with you should be left between you, or at least her girlfriends or close family. It sounds like they're trying to out alpha you to your girlfriend and appear more desirable, even if they don't actually want her, it's a male ego thing, if they put you down and she laughs or agrees then it makes them look better in comparison. I would straight up tell them and your girlfriend that you're sick of being the butt of pretty much every joke, it's making you not want to hang out with them etc.
>>
>>17841228
>my girl venting her frustrations about me to others is totally healthy and should be done

Uh, not in my world. venting frustration is healthy but in public, no. You guys should be a team in public. What she's doing if purposefully humiliating you
>>
What the FUCK am I reading right now.
>>
File: WRONG.jpg (33KB, 716x264px) Image search: [Google]
WRONG.jpg
33KB, 716x264px
>>17841228
>Now, my girl venting her frustrations about me to others is totally healthy and should be done.
Wrong. In almost any aspect of life, problems with an individual should be addressed with that individual, first and foremost. In regards to e romantic relationship, neither partner should ever, and I emphasize this, EVER speak negative of the other when when that person is not around - except to a licensed professional counselor. Definitely never a friend or relative, like your mother in law.

What will usually happen is an echo chamber effect will occur, and the complainer will only be reinforced by their close friends/relatives. Things only get worse. What will almost always happen, even if the listener doesn't reinforce the complainer, is the PROPER ADVICE WILL NOT BE GIVEN and nothing beneficial comes from the complaining.

If you have to, complain about whatever you want, to whoever you want, but don't ever complain about each other unless you want to lose trust and respect for each other. Don't air your dirty laundry for the rest of the world. Handle that shit in your home.

Source - was with the same woman for nearly a decade and married to her for 3 years, then divorced my wife after couples counseling. At counseling I brought up how I never trusted her after she came back from a weekend at her friends. She just came back and wanted to break up, out of the blue - no discussion first. The counselor knew immediately it was her friends who convinced her, something I never even considered. Apparently her friends shit-talked me anytime I wasn't around. Even though we got back together and married each other, I never fully trusted her again for doing something like that. The counselor told us it was a horrible idea to talk to friends about problems with partners.
>>
>>17841382
This
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.