[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Losing teeth in dreams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

This is almost on a nightly basis. I'll fall asleep and somewhere along the line my teeth will just start falling out of my mouth. Not just one or two either. It's like all my teeth are pouring from my mouth with buckets of blood following suit.
>>
>>17840912

This is a fairly common nightmare and it's believed to be related to stress and feeling a lack of control irl.
>>
Here op I have a lot of fun with this site every morning.

Never had the teeth one, but it's something I'd expect from /r9k/ desu senpai

http://m.dreammoods.com/site/dreammoods/default?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdreammoods.com%2Fcgibin%2Fteethdreams.pl%3Fmethod%3Dexact%26header%3Ddreamid%26search%3Dteethintro#2698
>>
>>17840916
Not him but i have reoccurring dreams where my nose is slowly being broken, any ideas?
>>
>>17840912
anxiety, feeling a lack of control, lack of confidence
>>
>>17840912
Probably because you are feeling weak due to some kind of stress.
Losing your teeth = losing your fangs = losing your strength.

Better figure out how to fix that problem.
>>
>>17840912
Your op pic is triggering me, could you please delete it

I've been struggling with nightmares at the dentist for years, 21 f if you want to know
>>
/dream/ thread?
I usually have dreams where Im barefoot, its annoying af
>>
>>17841443
/dream/ thread!
Don't know anything about barefootedness-

I had a dream a while back during a period where I was seeing a lot of women, i had become desirable by a group of girls for some reason.

The dream in any case, was me pooping myself and then smearing the shit on to this girl i had in bed and then she shat in my hands and we smeared it all over the walls. Also shit seemed to be pouring out of her mouth. But neither of us were disgusted by this, more indefferent. Also; this was not one of the girl i was fucking during this period, but one whom i wanted to fuck.

What happend there? Haven't had any similar dreams since or before.
>>
>>17840912
bump
>>
>>17840912
Dreams are quite connected to stuff happening to you physically.

>get stomach muscle twitches IRL
>get stabbed to death in dream

>pillow pressing tight against neck causing bad blood flow to head
>dream about falling from large height

>dream about being a spic
>spanish soap opera on TV in the background

etc.. so i'm thinking you either grind your teeth in your sleep, or have a hyperactive tongue or something
>>
>>17840912
A few common themes for me: I can't pull the trigger on a gun when I really need to (it physically won't), the brakes on my car don't work, and I get my car stuck or stalled then have to pick it up and put it back on the road (it shrinks or something).
>>
I constantly have dreams that I'm back in elementary school, and some where I'm also back in high school. Often in these dreams I miss the bus ride to go home.

I didn't graduate high school if that matter.
>>
I sometimes dream of driving, but the steering wheel and pedals are all just.. props and the car goes wherever. Sometimes I crash, sometimes I don't.
>>
Are your teeth shit? That can cause it too. I've got horrible genetics, my teeth are crap. I don't take the best care of them either and I will admit to that too but whatever.
I always had those dreams because it was something I subconsciously worried about, losing my teeth because they're so fucked.
>>
>>17842322
Fuck I hate the high school dreams. They're trippy for me because my brain blends my college experience with my high school experience. Like I'll be in my high school classroom, but with people I didn't even meet until college. Shits weird.
>>
>>17840912
we wake up every 90 mins or so during the night. and have 20 or so dreams a night, but we only remember the dreams that we wake up with. dreams are merely our brains way of purging thoughts.. think recycle bin. your dream is merely a reflection of your unconscious thought
>>
From time to time I have vivid crazy dreams myself. This may last a week or a couple months and go away. Don't know if anything actually triggers them or not. To me it is just like any other crazy shit in this life that will pass. I've actually had the same dream several times. All is normal and suddenly a tooth comes out and then more and more! I brush atleast five times a day. I suspect your a nut case about your teeth too?
>>
Honestly I wouldn't put any stock in the "dreams about X mean Y" stuff. Not only does thisfrankly not make a lot of sense, this assumes that absolutely everything means the same thing for every person, and completely ignores personal and cultural experience.

Dreams are currently believed to be the way that brains process memory. They're basically creating associations and filing information and connecting recent events to history by dredging up old memories. But while you're sleeping the part of your brain that governs logic is inactive, so this mishmash of memories creates weird images.

Tooth dreams are very common and frankly very universal, likely because everybody has experienced losing their teeth as a kid. Every single human has memories of that, so everybody has the possibility of those memories being dredged up during dreams.

Honestly, the more you think about the dreams, the more likely you are to keep worrying about them, keep thinking about them, and have them recur. One of the best ways to get rid of recurring nightmares it to not worry about them, dismiss them as just dreams, and form new memories to create more unrelated dreams.

Best of luck, OP. Tooth nightmares suck.
>>
>>17840912

That happened in one of my most unsettling dreams, but the teeth were just the start. I also started to feel something moving inside me and insect legs started to protrude through my skin. Then my privates started to melt into a broccoli cheddar soup type consistency and fall apart. Now that's a dream I would interested in hearing interpreted.
>>
>>17843161
Jesus Christ anon that sound brutal. Do you usually wake up when this happens or do you have to endure all that shit every time?
For me it's an always recurring dream about elevators. I have never been stuck in one nor have o had any bad experiences with them whatsoever. But since I was 8 or 9, that certain kind of dream haunts me at least once a month. I'm inside an elevator and it just goes up. And up. Up to ridiculous heights. When I'm extremely lucky from time to time it just stops at its destination and I can leave, but it usually goes through the roof before crashing down several miles into the ground, with the result of me waking up. I don't know why I have these. They're ridiculous
>>
>>17843161
they're transmitting signals into ur synaptic ribbons.
don't worry though they don't exist lol lol just remember.
ur more comfortable if ur unaware of them :D.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.