[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so, i was on antidepressants for a year and gained as much as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1444.jpg (2MB, 2845x4166px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1444.jpg
2MB, 2845x4166px
so, i was on antidepressants for a year and gained as much as 18kg (40lbs) in that time... wtf do i do now? i feel like utter shit. i mean, i know what to do, input vs. output. but is there something i could ask my psych for to aid with the weightloss? so far she just ignored the favt that i onviously got extremely fat and when i told her i struggle with my weight she just told me to eat less and move more (yeah, i know, but i am severely depressed).
>>
Firstly, I hope your psych isn't usually so passive to very real struggles you're going through. If so, maybe look for another if you can my man. I know the prospect isn't easy, but its worth it.

How much free time do you have and are you primarily in charge of buying the food in your household?
>>
>>17840394
Ask if there's an alternative medication you can try. Also, you really should try exercise since you're depressed, gained weight or no; even if it's just a walk around the block, it helps.
>>
>>17840413
>>17840422
i'm actually female and i have a kid and work 80%. count in the entire household and i have virtually no way to exercise. believe me, i tried. ofc i can manage to cut away an hour a week, but it is taken from another of my obligations designated times and i can them severely feel the lack of that hour. as in, i fall behind with chores, which then piles up very fast. not falling behind wih chores is very important for me to not get to deep into depression again. or it is cut away from the very precios and little time i have with my kid, which then reflects back in his behabiour since he definitely doesn't get enough quality time with mom anymore so he has to try to get negative attention, i really tried. and i always had to say no, that ia definitely not worth it. i also am in charge on buying food, yes. and i buy only healthy stuff and cook from scratch (besides one box with sweets that belongs to my son but it's taboo for me and i meber break that rule". at work, i have to eat there and the food is very fatty and unhealthy (i have to eat what's on the table because i work with kids and have to be a rolemodel. i asked. i have to). my provblem is that the medication makes me hungry af ALL the time so portion size is my downfall. i know i could just "eat less" but then again i am not exactly a mentally healthy individual with high levels of selfdiscipline. i am working on that, but damn it is scary to know that my selfdiscipline will not kick in fast enough before i bevcome a fullblown hamplanet. i tried changing up the medication several times and it doesn't help a single bit.
>>
>>17840452
oh amd by the way, i do get SOME exercise every week. i walk a lot at my job, we go swim once a week and we have sports once. i also walk my son to kindergarden every day (only about 20 mins but it's something), i do all my errands by foot and i try to be out and active with my son whenever time allows it (and i am not too exhausted).
>>
anybody?
>>
>>17840571
Eat more lettuce and cucumbers and vegetables, and less of everything else. Drink more water and less milk. Never drink soda or lattes or anything else with calories-- drinks are a waste of calories. Consider eating soup and a salad instead of some normal meals. Count calories religiously. Get down to below 1200/day. A banana and a low-fat yogurt for breakfast is only 200 calories. A cup of soup is usually around 120-180. Make lunch your biggest meal calorically. If you exercise, make it an hour of powerwalking on a treadmill, ideally while reading or something so it doesn't waste time-- that's about 400 calories if you are going 3.5-4.5mph. You can eat the same food as the kids but in small portions, except large portions of vegetables. Stop making excuses. I lost 30 pounds in 3 months doing this. You can do 40 in 4. But only if you quit lying to yourself. And don't you dare respond to this with another excuse, I just took time to help.
>>
>>17840394
Eat constantly but little amounts of food.
Have your fatty and unhealthy lunch as your main meal and other that that just snack all the time.
Eat fruit and veggies. More veggies than fruit. Eat half an apple twice instead of a full apple, half a banana twice instead of a full banana, etc.
For dinner, have a big bowl of salad with tomatoes, carrots and cucumbers and a soup.
>>
>>17840394
just complain that your antidepressant doesn't work and a get another one. The last one I took let me loose 7lbs in 3 weeks, but I felt not so well.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.