[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halp me with tools

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I am severely incapable of using basic tools and general knowledge about them, like what sizes and classifications they come in etc, I haven't found a single, comprehensive guide on them anywhere, the net's flooded with all kinds of unrelated crap, unless I'm using the wrong keywords, believe me, I've tried alot.
halp?
>>
Bumping because this info would help me as well
>>
ask /diy/

ever heard of youtube?
>>
>>17840013
YT was the first place I checked lol...the closest thing I got was tools for woodwork alone...that's not nearly broad enough. I'll post it diy too, thanks :)
>>
Constructionfag here.

There are so many tools out there, what would you like to be using these tools for?
Masonry, carpentry, plumbing, iron working, mechanic work?

I can give you a general idea if you want.

Yes i have a fuckton of tools i use at work and for my own project cars.
>>
>>17839749
Hammer, drill, wrench, tape measure and you can do 99% of any jobs you need doing.
They're tools, it's pretty intuitive as to how they work and when you need them. Don't buy cheap shit. A good tool lasts forever if you take care it, unless it's cheap shit, then it falls apart.
>>
>>17840032
replies not posting :S idk why...testing..testing.
>>
>>17840032
ok..idk what happened but I gotta retype everything.
I signed on in a marine construction company (they specialize in dredging) as a sort of field clerk.
The manager would sometimes ask me to help out. They're cool, and I get paid well so I don't mind. Thing is, e.g. a guy would ask me "Yo...bring me the doohickymawatsit"
and I sometimes don't know what to do. I'd like to change that without having to keep asking them for help.
>>
>>17840036>>17840079
I also don't know things like how the sizing system works for some of them etc, it seems simple enough, but maybe some sizes are more commonly needed than others, that sorta thing, I suppose those kinds of things will only come with experience yeah?
>>
>>17840079
>>17840089
Yup its all experience.
Dont be afraid to ask the older guys for help identifying tools or parts.
Thats how an Apprentice starts out. Thats how all the Journeymen started out. Hell thats how i started out.
Just remember, the older guys might scowl or give you attitude sometimes but theyll teach you.
Its better to own up that youre inexperienced by asking questions than to look like a fool by pretending you know what youre doing and handing them the wrong tools.
If they think youre a fool expect them to fuck with you and treat you like a child.
>>
>>17840122
I def tell them, and they do give me shit for it, and I'm cool with that, ik that's kind of the culture of the job out there. I just wanna mitigate it you know? Try to learn what I can on my own, so I have less questions to ask when the day comes
>>
>>17840190
Lolol theyll never stop giving you shit, blue collar workers are the biggest shit talkers out there. Its more the tone they use when they talk shit.

Youll be fine bro, youll start memorizing the tools and their uses or unintended uses. Just keep your head up and keep learning.
>>
>>17840199
ikr, it gets easier, almost fun, with time. Thanks for the advice..I suppose it'll just take time. :)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.