[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Lawyers here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: th.jpg (6KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
6KB, 300x199px
Hi /adv/. I got a question about some bills I've had to pay for my old apartment complex before I moved and I was seeing if anyone knew what to do/ been in a similar situation.

My landlord was a real estate company that had set up all utility accounts (electric, water, trash, sewer) and expenses for me and all bills were to be included in my monthly rent statement. A few months go by and I noticed a $50 "service fee" from the utility company repeatedly being charged on top of my electric bill, so I asked my landlord's staff about it. They told me it was because they recently switched from a different electric company and I was just 'catching up' with my fees from the previous company.

The service fees kept coming, always in $50 and I finally had my final statement this month, so I called the electric company myself and they told me it was because an account was never set up for my name in my apartment number, so the fee was due to them having to investigate who the bill belongs to every time.

My question is: Would I be able to demand a refund for all of those service fees I paid (would equal ~$300-$400) if I have possession of the bills because THEY were the ones that were supposed to set up my account, or would the blame fall on me because I did not properly respond to both parties about my account disparity? Obviously they won't readily give me money, so I'm assuming I would have to go to small claims... would this be something I can even fight?
>>
bumpin just once
>>
I'm not a lawyer but I raped one once he was such a bitch
>>
>>17839884
I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure rape is against the law
>>
>>17839602

As an attorney, I can tell you that unless you're not from the U.S. and wherever you are does have very funny professional conduct rules, no acutal legal professional is going to offer you advice like this over the internet.

It quite literally would violate the Pennsylvania rules of conduct, as this communication is not private and of course, unpaid for; and opens up an attorney for actual discplinary action and lawsuits if the advice given is in any way incorrect even in a slight detail.

You won't get legal advice here. Consult an actual attorney face to face if you want representation.
>>
>>17839975
That's really silly for something so minor, but I believe it, given how super bureaucratic everything is.
Thanks for the reply.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.