[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep paralysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I just woke up less than an hour ago having had probably one of the scariest evenings of my life. I've been experiencing sleep paralysis now and then for a couple of years now. Usually about once per a couple of months. This fall the frequency of the sessions has increased dramatically though.

Less than an hour ago I "woke up" from my sleep at around midnight after having slept for around 3 hours. I've gotten rather used to the situation of all limbs feeling bound and almost like having a hand covering your mouth from talking. This time it was different though. Before I "broke free" from the situation I felt like I was two, almost as if I was breaking away from another body, or my own. After having broken free, I stared at the wall of my room for a short while before trying to go back to sleep. I relaxed again and closed my eyes but withing a couple of seconds I felt like I was falling to a dark pit and immediately I was back to the paralysed state. After a lot of panicking I managed to break free again and decided not to be sleeping tonight. Which is why I'm here writing my experiences.

If some kind soul decides to share their experiences or tips to avoid this shit or some inner sight I would really appreciate it.
>>
Suicide.
>>
It happens to a lot of people
Shouldn't happen again for years if at all

Shit is scary but I just remembered advice that was given for my acid trip: Remember that this is temporary, you'll live
Kinda felt cool after that but I'm a little wacko
>>
I believe that it's better not to attempt "breaking free", but to let it flow naturally or even try to get back to sleep. Never had this happening when i was sleeping on side as well.

If you have auditory or visual hallucinations then you should stay calm, close your eyes and remind yourself that this is not real. Well, at least it helps me, can't say much more.

Have you started taking any medication this fall? I'm not really sure if any medication can cause this, but who knows.

You might also have some sleeping disorder if it happens so often. Maybe you should consider visiting a neurologist.
>>
>>17839478
Yeah I had this stuff when I was trying to have lucid dreams and such, got used to it, what I mean by used to it- less stressful
>>
>>17839478
Just hold your breath for a while when this happens, you'll automatically be able to move once your body forces you to breath again.
>>
I used to try to fight it and move a finger or say something out loud. I am always sleepy and stupid even though I do have an idea of what it is. The best route from what I hear is just realize what it is, and try to relax back into sleep.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.