[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1481077801092.png (271KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481077801092.png
271KB, 800x800px
long story short, I woke up a few days ago and noticed I had a shit ton of emails from amazon where someone had hacked into my amazon seller in late november and sold a bunch of random shit without shipping any product.
So now I'm faced with a moral choice.
There is a few thousand dollars sitting in my balance that will be deposited in my default checking account in a few days.
Will I be immediately liable if that money is deposited?
I intend to notify amazon immediately that this happened without my knowledge, and I read that amazon will refund the customer's for their purchases. Do you think its possible to convince amazon to let me repay the balance I owe them, in a way giving myself an unexpected loan
>>
>I noticed this was all happening a few days ago so I've changed my password. The hacker shouldn't be able to get into my account any longer
>I read up on amazon's terms and policy. If I read it right, amazon doesn't usually initiate legal action. Instead they support the party that was scammed if that party decides to take legal action. However I don't know how well that applies to my case since I will be now in debt to amazon assuming they issue out refunds to the customers
>>
>>17839157
You face no legal obligatories technically.
The hacker had control of your account when this had happened

As long as you have evidence that this occured (as likely as you do) then there should be no problems
>>
>>17839173
I don't necessarily have evidence that I did or didn't do it.
I'm not letting the court go through my computer history.

I did access my amazon account from my home ip address though. I'm scared that I'll be liable because I could have prevented this from happening technically. Still I think i'm going to go all the way. I read that amazon will just charge my card at the next billing cycle for my negative balance. At that point it'll be a bank issue and if I withdraw the cash before then, this should be a loan
>>
>>17839241
>should be a loan
Ahahahahaha. No, you dumb cuck, there's a whole blizzard of charges that the police will put on you depending on how much it is. Anything from grand theft to bank larceny, bank fraud, and in your case receiving stolen property.

>not letting the court go through my computer history
Let? Have you perchance heard of a warrant, friend?
>>
>>17840209
in my case I wasn't involved in the crime. I intercepted my account before the hacker had a chance to set up his own payment method so the money was defaulted into my account. Can't I dispute this?
>>
>>17840349
>Can't I dispute this?
Not even a little.
>>
>>17840349
>A criminal robbed a bank and left the money in my house
>But your honor, I really wanted to keep it and since I didn't do anything wrong that means I'm entitled to free money right?

I know you think you deserve free handouts but capitalism disagrees, and they have more police officers than you do
>>
>>17839157

Don't be a douchebag - cooperate, return what was not yours. You may be rewarded for helping in stopping some criminal from duping some hapless suckers.

The moral choice here is "do I try to steal this and then immediately leave the country because it's gonna be pretty fuckin' obvious you can't keep this cash" and that's already a stupid option for a variety of reasons.

So yeah. I think you already know what to do.
>>
File: 1470879312695.jpg (152KB, 640x720px)
1470879312695.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
For those of you saying free money, the money is all still there. I haven't spent a penny.
I gambling here. I want this to be taken to court.

I have already messaged amazon telling them that my account was hacked and fraudulent transactions went on without my knowledge. I made sure to leave all transactions untouched and unrefunded. They haven't responded yet and since its the weekend, i'm assuming the money will be deposited before they respond.
If I have proof that I wasn't involved, I should be able to get them to charge my bank account for the balance and not involve the police. At that point, in theory, if I take out a chunk of it from my bank, my amazon account will still be negative. If I pay it back in enough time, I should have successfully created a loan from the situation.
>>
>>17840977

If you're taking out money after the fact to the point that you have proven you are not part of it, but don't have the money to pay back the full amount of the money when you make a withdrawal, then what the fuck are you doing?

>Here I will show that I am compliant and cooperative, and intelligent in every possible as-

>*massive sudden spasm of tourette's, shitting your pants and flailing around like an idiot*

>...aspect.

Why do you need a loan so badly anyway? And how are you going to pay back thousands of dollars that aren't yours?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.