[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was waiting for marriage, what now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1479381322899.png (571KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
1479381322899.png
571KB, 800x640px
So I'm a 25 year old guy. Up until about a year ago, I was a fundamentalist Christian and had faithfully saved myself for marriage - never anything more than a kiss on the cheek. I've since finally come to terms with the fact that I'm not a believer anymore and I have to face the fact that I no longer have any ideological reason to avoid sex.

Now that I'm associating with people who aren't hardcore Christians (just started graduate school) I'm feeling a bit out of place knowing that many guys and girls have extensive sexual experience going back to high school. I had relationships in the past, but there was never sex involved.

I'm really tempted to go on Tinder or some other dating site and try to do the deed so I get this out of the way. I'm 6'3", white, athletic, and in a lucrative career field. From what I know of the hookup scene my chances of getting a girl to come home with me are pretty good.

I'm also considering that I could just find a girlfriend, but I feel like I'm going to be pitied at best, ridiculed at worst, by most girls who lost their virginity long ago.

There's also a small part of me that would be comfortable with just waiting for marriage anyway, and telling people it's not for religious reasons. Honestly though, a host of Google searches and asking around have made me think there's basically no one waiting for marriage who isn't religious.

Suggestions appreciated!
>>
i wouldn't mind dating a guy who is a virgin and i'm 28. i would actually find it very neat because i assume that everything would be so new and exciting to him, which hopefully would rub off on me.

i think, a girl worth having s relationship with wouldn't mind, especially after knowing what your reasons were for waiting.

as for losing it now or waiting: i would actually mot just lose it for the sake of not being a virgin anymore. that could seriously undermine your sexual values and greatly reduce the pleasure you get out if being intimate with someone. find a girl you like, and then just do whatever comes naturally. don't hold back but also don't push it. if you feel like kissing her, do that. if you feel like slipping a hand under her shirt, go on. and so on. take it step by step and enjoy every one of them. if you jump from "kiss on the cheek" to "vaginal sex" and skip all the pleasureable steps that lead up to it and really savour them, you will regret it later. take your time and enjoy the ride
>>
>>17837688
Well it's good to know there are girls out there that wouldn't hold being a virgin against me. I have to wonder how common that is though.
>>
>>17837725
it think it is common for girls who have sane values around sex. if someone can't adopt that mindset, you might be lucky you found out so fast and could dodge a big bullet. having a problem with someone being a virgin for whatever reason seems like a good indicator for questionable sexual values. if a girl wants a guy with "experience", that shows that she thinks the most valuable trait for good sex is "technique". a saner thing to look for in a guy you want to have sex with is the ability to value intimacy and also not think they have all the right moves, which is then easily assumed to work on every girl. it takes away the ability to experiment and be curious, adapt to the peron that is with you right then and there instead of touching her body according to "what the 20 girls before her seemed to like". which makes being a virgin an advantage.
>>
>>17837746
Interesting perspective. Thanks
>>
>>17837671
I grew up atheist and I still save myself for marriage. Here is the reason: My future husband is going to feel much more special if he's my first instead of my seventh.

I can live without sex so it's not much of a sacrifice. Sex without feelings is meaningless anyway, you can just masturbate.
>>
>>17837821
I am 28 by the way.
>>
>>17837821
>My future husband is going to feel much more special if he's my first instead of my seventh.

Nope. That's not how men think. You will be in for a shock one day if you ever manage to find a bf.
>>
>>17837871
I've talked to a few guys who did. One was married and wished his wife had fewer previous partners.

You just want to trick me into becoming a hedonist.
>>
>>17837910
You merely see what you want to see. Saving yourself for marriage means you will need to find a guy who is willing to date you for years with no sex. Good luck with that. The odds of finding a guy like that at your age are so low you're nearly guaranteed to become a crazy cat lady.
>>
>>17837821
How many boyfriends have you had?
>>
>>17837671

From the way you write, you sound very calm, reasonable, and kind. So, women will react calmly and kindly to you. I don't think your virginity will be a problem for you, as long as you don't let it grow into a crippling insecurity. In other words, it won't be weird unless you make it weird.

You don't actually have to tell anyone you're a virgin if you don't want to, by the way. When you have sex with a woman, she might feel your inexperience, but she might not. Now, maybe you feel better telling the truth about it and not hiding anything, but, it's really up to you.
>>
>>17837821
I definitely know plenty of men, regardless of their religious beliefs, that would appreciate a virgin girl. From what I know, being a virgin as a female is much less stigmatized.
>>17837949
Staying mum about being a virgin sounds like the best idea to be honest. Fake it till I make it?
>>
>>17837671
Any girl who isn't a total asshole won't care. A lot of girls would relish the chance to mold a virgin into a proper sex machine oiled just to their liking. If you have no bad habits to break, it's real easy for her to get you tuned into what she likes.

It's not a big deal, but I can see a random hookup going badly since typically girls looking for a hookup are wanting someone to get them off, not someone to show around downstairs.
>>
>>17839363
yeah no those whores are fucking other whores for a good time
>>
>>17837871
You're full of shit. A lot of guys will appreciate a virgin wife. Depends on the guy of course but at the very least very few guys would see it as a negative
>>
>>17839343
>Fake it till I make it?
No. Do not. If you totally hide that you're a virgin, she might take your inexperience as total stupidity and decide you're lousy at sex and fuck right out of your life. But there's a difference between bad and inexperienced, experience can be gained, you either have skills or you don't. Don't sell yourself short just because you're afraid of being judged.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.