[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it pretentious to wear my college ring? I graduated like a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: College rings.jpg (72KB, 800x473px) Image search: [Google]
College rings.jpg
72KB, 800x473px
Is it pretentious to wear my college ring? I graduated like a few months ago and got a college ring that cost like $800 or some shit, but I don't really wear it because I'm not really a ring guy and sometimes I feel like people will think it looks like a high school ring.

I kind of want to start wearing it, but do you think it's pretentious? I wish I didn't give a shit what people thought about me, but sometimes I think people will look at me and think "Oh, this guy has a college ring. Bet he thinks he's a big shot with his fancy ass expensive ring." Also it's pretty big and kind of looks weird when I wear it, I know I should wear it with pride and what not, man I'm pathetic. I don't really see a lot of people wearing a class ring, maybe a lot of people just didn't buy one, or didn't go to college.

I didn't even really want one but my parents kind of WANTED me to have one, so they bought me and I guess it's a dick thing to not wear an $800 ring that someone else paid for. It's just they kind of look gaudy, and I don't know.
>>
>>17837660

depends on school, diploma, and day job
>>
No one gives a shit. If anything, they'll just notice you're wearing a ring other than a wedding/engagement ring and ask. Then they'll say something about how your football team is doing decent this year and then you'll follow up with some self depreciating remark about how there's always a strong start before they suck again. You two will laugh it off a bit, then move onto some other shit.
>>
as an european, this seems extremely strange to me...
>>
could be a sense of pride if you're receiving some sort of honors with your degree or if you have a strong sentimental connection to your uni. if someone's paying for it, wear it when you're around them and special events and it can sit in the box for every other day
>>
>>17837660
American girl here, it's cool if you're super into your college and shit but otherwise nah. I wouldn't be impressed if a guy wore it but im a 23 year old punk chick so Idk haha
>>
Why would they blow 800$ dollars on a grad ring? What's it made of? maybe you can just sell it.
>>
>>17837705
It's 16k gold but I chose not to get diamonds in it because I thought that looked tacky. Also $800 is nothing, I think the cheapest you could spend on one was like $300 or $400 and they can go well over $1,000 if you get diamonds and stuff embedded into it.

>>17837700
Yeah, I always sometimes thought how girls viewed guys wearing it. I think it depends on the girl, like some might think it looks gaudy but I figured some girls might like that a guy graduated college, I know some care and others don't.

>>17837682
I didn't really want a college ring, but I kind of feel like I should start wearing it more. I feel kind of bad to just let it sit in the box because it's an expensive ring, but I really don't have a strong connection to my college though.

I have no pride for my college honestly, so I guess it's counter-productive to wear it. I just feel bad letting an $800 ring just sit in the box and not wear it, I haven't worn it for like months but the first time I got it I wore it for a couple weeks straight then it got on my nerves so I took it off. Also sometimes I'm afraid I'll lose it, or it'll get damaged.

My dad said I should wear it because I should be proud I graduated college, it's a big deal and I should wear the ring to show people I graduated college even though I personally think nobody will give a shit about what college went to, nor did I graduate. You think people in Wal-Mart or shit places like that will give a shit that I graduated college? I mean I can take pride in it, but I don't really know how many people will honestly care. The ring kind of looks gaudy, and as I said earlier I don't know how girls view college rings, they may think it looks ugly on a guy or maybe they find it attractive. Though I probably should just stop over-thinking and giving a shit what random strangers of the general public think about what I wear.
>>
>>17838295
Dude youre an idiot, why buy so such an expensive thing for no reason
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.