[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Applied for job at movie theater

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1480817918245.png (83KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480817918245.png
83KB, 640x360px
Not sure I'm gonna get called for an interview, but what do I do if they call me during my work day? Just call them back? That seems like the non speak option but I am a total sperg. Maybe tell management that I'm waiting on a call about a family member who has been injured to find out if they need a ride or anything? Idk. I really want that fucking job. A qt who works there told me to call her but I lost her number immediately (I was working the register at my work) and I was talking about applying so I am unable to use her as a reference. So maybe talk me out of psyching myself out?
>>
>>17837129
what ?

if you gave them your job number just tell them you are working right now & when is a good time for you to call back

otherwise don't sweat it you might get the job !
>>
>>17837195
I realize the OP sounds insane, I am freaking out because of running out of Xanax and so when I was typing it sounded clear in my head but looking back now that I've calmed down a bit it doesn't make much sense at all.
>>
Getting a job at a movie theatre is the easiest thing in the fucking world. They called me about two weeks after sending in my application, I didn't answer the phone when they called so I called them back and asked for management, and my interview lasted maybe 10 minutes before I was hired.

Have any questions? I'll answer what I can.
>>
>>17837129
I got hired on the spot by a local one. If you get hired as usher, get used to picking up diapers, condoms, and fucktons of popcorn. I get to watch all the movies I want though.
>>
>>17837257
How hard is the job itself? I figure there are waves of customers with Fridays being the worst.

Are the people that work in them generally young? I've never worked with folks my own age before (I've only ever worked with people 30+) so idk if that'll make a difference.
>>
>>17837263
I can deal with gross stuff. I mainly don't want to be involved in kicking people out of the theater.
>>
>>17837289
You might have to sometimes, but if your theater has officers that patrol on the weekends you can get them to help you. I can't speak for chains, but local theaters are more likely to be very lax in workspace policy. Mine is and as long as you do your job everyone is cool with you.
>>
>>17837292
It's not that I need help because they scare me I just don't want to be involved in it so all. I really just hope I end up being a cashier or some shit. I mean, usher wouldn't be terrible and I CAN kick people out, I just generally feel shitty when I'd have to kick folks out.
>>
>>17837296
I know that feeling too, but don't sweat it. If they give you shit, tell them it's nothing personal and it's just you doing your job.
>>
>>17837286
Honestly, the job is easy. Sometimes you can be busy and swamped, but generally everyone helps everyone else so you aren't left to the wolves when it's busy.

Everyone is fairly young. Mainly high school to college age kids.

>>17837289
What my GM has told me about kicking people out is if you're uncomfortable doing it get a manager or ask someone else on floor to do it for you. I've rarely ever kicked people out. Where I work we have assigned seating so the most I have to do is ask for tickets because they are in someone else's seat. Either they are just sat in the wrong seat or they make up some bullshit excuse to leave. "Oh my mom has them and she's in the bathroom I'll go get them" and they just leave to their original movie or the building.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.