[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This might sound weird, but is it unusual for parents NOT to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

This might sound weird, but is it unusual for parents NOT to beat the shit out of their kid a lot?

As I was growing up my parents beat me up a lot (not slapping, more like kicking in the stomach, choking) to the extent I was physically terrified of them growing up. I just watched a compilation of bratty spoiled kids and could not believe what I was watching. If I spoke like that to my parents they probably would have actually murdered me.

Basically, how many of you were physically scared of your parents growing up?
>>
getting a hardass spanking was common when i was growing up. you experienced some serious physical abuse as a kid. this is too common but still on the abnormal side.
>>
you were abused; it's common but not ethical or "normal"
>>
>>17836913
>>17836919
fuck
>>
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>17836924
Rhys from Animal Crossing, I just took a screenshot of the face as I liked the art style so I can't direct you to the original I'm afraid
>>
My mother only slapped me in the face a couple times. I was hit by my parents so rarely that on the occasions it did happen it evoked a strong emotional response. I think the first time I cried afterward. One time I tried hitting her back but she was stronger than me and shut that shit down. I'm pretty pissed about that one because I made a mental note to get back at her somehow when she was old and weaker than me, but she killed herself before I had the chance.
>>
>>17836953
Oh, and, yeah OP. It sounds like you were literally abused. I mean I knew my mum could beat me in a fight but I could mostly trust her not to start one and no one just straight out beat me.
>>
>>17836953
What kind of things did you do to get slapped in the face? I'm sorry to hear that about your mother passing away too

One of the biggest reasons why I never considered it to be abuse because everyone's parents seemed to use violence to punish them, so I never made a difference between spanking and things that are a bit more painful
>>
9.2/1000 children in the US are physically abused - so no, the vast majority of kids are not beaten.
>>
>>17836905
It's pretty common method by shitty parents, usually lower class too, especially back in the day (assuming you're in early 20s)
Most people I know didn't go over slapping/flying shoes though.

My top 3 experiences are probably...

>belt buckle on the head
Ended with a nice bleeding, ambulance and all the jazz.

>keyboard on the head
Still makes a funny story.

>breaking down the door in my room
Mom was so shocked over this, she forgot to beat me afterwards.
>>
>>17836978
I don't really remember much. I think at least one time I might've been shouting or arguing hysterically. Mighta been the time she took my bureau I'd had since infancy out to the back and had it chopped for firewood. Or that might've been one of those times I just curled up feeling sad in my room.

The one time I do clearly remember us getting physical was over a really stupid argument. See, we lived in an apartment and our washer and dryer was on our stairs' landing. The door to the landing was in the kitchen, and the kitchen sink was right next to the door with the door opening inwards so that it was in front of the sink. I was out on the landing doing my laundry, and had left the door open. My mum wanted to close the door, I think maybe to do dishes in the sink, but I very adamantly wanted the door to stay open while I was doing my laundry. Things escalated, and finally when I was done I went and huffed off to my room, and closed my bedroom door. And then she got real immature and opened my door, we had another back and forth, and she childishly started taunting me "Nooo Anon. You wanted door OPEN!" Keep in mind she was a grown woman in her 40s and I was the teenager. Well, I got super pissed and I think I probably started the physical stuff and gave her a shove, and, well, I didn't come out on top on that one and gave up pretty quick. I guess I was wrong in my earlier post, now that I think about it she probably wasn't first to slap me in that instance.
>>
OP was definitely abused. it's relatively common, but it shouldn't be accepted.

my mum would sometimes slap me i think? on the butt? when i was really young. but if i swore she would sometimes force feed me mustard. wasn't that bad, what she did t b h. at an older age i told her to fuck off at some point and i think she used a hanger to hit me (one of those skinny wire ones - hurts kind of like a whip) but i was old enough to shrug off the pain.

my uncle would also use a hanger on my legs/bum if i did something or other.

my grandma would lock me outside, in a little area that you can't get out of? like, it sounds stupid to describe it as a cage but. the front door has a small gated area. it's like an airlock kind of (but it's fenced, it's not literally an airlock. just a door that can be locked and then a gate that can be locked). but effectively it was a cage. and this took place in an equatorial country. hot as fuck, humid as fuck, and our house was surrounded by a LOT of greenery (basically it was in the jungle), which meant dozens of relentless mosquitos. i would describe this as very similar to torture. pretty tame torture, yes, but i was a child. there was no set time, there were no conditions. it was just if she was unhappy with something, out i go, and it could be hours or it could be 10 minutes. she never let me back in. it was always someone else who had to let me in.

my step mother used to hit me as well if i made her sons cry (my half-brothers) for whatever reason. the worst of it was when one of them was walking on a picnic table. he fell off, hit his head, cried, etc. later that day when we went home, she yelled at me, hit me, grabbed my ear and started twisting it. she kept yelling at me why i pushed him. i didn't. he slipped and fell. he was walking on the edge. he was a small child. she kept twisting my ear - god it hurt. the back of my ear bled/oozed pus for the next week or so.
>>
>>17836905
I experienced similar. My parents are from eastern europe, where that is completely normal and considered the accepted way to raise children.

In fact, this issue has caused international incidents due to the differences between eastern and northern europe in that regard (eg russian goes to sweden, beats his kids like back home, cops take his kids away, he goes to the embassy and boom, scandal).

In the US it's less normal but still extremely common, especially among black and low-education families, as well as even highly-educated immigrants (especially from eastern europe and asia).
>>
You were abused bro.
Im mexican and i received a decent amount of asswhoopings with a belt or a sandal but it was all directed at my ass or legs.
Never once did i get kicked in the gut.

Might be an ethnic thing though, the majority of my white friends never received an asswhooping meanwhile my ethnic friends have all received asswhoopings.
>>
My parents have never touched me, only spanked me once or twice when I deserved it.
>>
>>17836905
never was physically scared of my parents. we were spoiled as hell for the most part. my mom or grandma would slap our butts sometimes, but they eventually stopped because they were not strong enough to inflict pain.

my mom has always been very small and frail. i remember the last time she tried spanking me and my brother we both laughed at her because she was too weak to hurt us
>>
>>17837125
>ear twisting
>wire hanger whipping
yeah i got that shit too. and my parents came from the other side of the world.
funny how universal these things are.
>>
My father used to do something that I like to call "the double slap".

I tried to be away from him most of the time, but when he was mad, he used to run after me around the house and wait until I was cornered. Then, he would tell me to go to my room and just when I was near him he slapped me with one of his huge hands and with the same movement, he smashed my head against the wall. Then he would kick me while he dragged my ass to my bedroom.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.