[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want an INTJ bf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 13

File: 76846499181.gif (2MB, 450x248px) Image search: [Google]
76846499181.gif
2MB, 450x248px
I'm a 20 yrs old girl. I am somewhere in between into and infp and I love intjs. There's just something about them. Although they are hard for me to approach and find since they are rare and I'm shy. Where can I find one?
>>
In between intp and infp*
>>
>>17836289
He's probably in his mother's basement try ambushing their mothers when they're out buying tendies
>>
Engineering classrooms.
Masturbating to anime titties.
Shitposting on 4chan.
Behind this post.
>>
>>17836289
mbti is nonsense.
>>
That's a meaningless, arbitrary classification of a complex human being. Do you a bi-dimensional movie character for a bf?
>>
>>17836325
MBTI does a fantastic job of describing 70% of people. the other 30% dont really fit and think the test is bad.
>>
>implying this shit means anything irl
>>
I'm between INTP and INTJ
let's have a real relationship over 4chan
>>
>>17836289
lel my house mate is INTJ. he would absolutely not function in a relationship. it would be impossible to have a healthy relationship with him.
>>
>>17836331
Source me bro
>>
>>17836289
As someone who always gets INTJ on those tests I think INTJs are awful people who couldn't handle a relationship. There's a reason they're so overrepresented on boards like arcanine.
>>
>>17836436
>>17836519
This, kind of. INTJs tend to be terrible with emotions, they try to suppress them down and one of 2 things happen: they either fail and get assaulted by periodic surges of strong emotions that make them act like lunatics or they succeed and become almost completely emotionless, unable to empathize with or care for anyone.

But the main reason why there's so many of them on shitty boards is because being INTJ was a big meme among nerds a few years ago and everybody wanted to be one so they weren't completely truthful on their tests, took it a bunch of times until they got what they wanted or simply claimed they were INTJ after reading the description.

Actual INTJs are pretty rare.
>>
>>17836289
Hello OP. I'm INTJ. What city are you in, though? We tend to keep to ourselves and often don't go to many big social events.
>>
I'm 20 male and INTJ. Got skype?
>>
>>17836570
Oh bugger off. I've had half a dozen relationships from 5 months to 3 years. I'm fine. Though I do tend to be very cold sometimes with people I don't know well or value highly, that doesn't apply with a gf. You're assuming we're all Aspies.
>>
>>17836289
>>
>>17836783
Also I've consistently tested INTJ since one of my gifted teachers gave us all an MBTI in 5th grade. It never changes. Idk why someone would distort their answers on a test to flatter themselves; that would seem to just leave their underlying insecurities lingering anyway.
>>
>>17836519
/r9k/ is mostly INTP if memory serves. Some INFP. Introverts who think about patterns in the world a lot, mostly systematic but sometimes empathetic, but fail to judge and act decisively and instead bounce randomly between absorbing various perceptions. INTJs actually get shit done. ENTJs still have it much easier though -- better at delegating and keeping up relationships with large numbers of people to accomplish something, though they also tend to be shallower as a result. It's a trade-off.
>>
File: 1477277481193.jpg (118KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1477277481193.jpg
118KB, 612x612px
no you don't , you just say you do.
fucking lies.
>>
>>17836791
>Idk why someone would distort their answers on a test to flatter themselves; that would seem to just leave their underlying insecurities lingering anyway.
its of the same vein as to why girls would pretend to have mental illness in highschool. They think it's trendy
>>
>>17836801
>but fail to judge and act decisively and instead bounce randomly between absorbing various perceptions

>tfw ENTP and drive all my friends crazy with how I bounce between hobbies, books, music, interests constantly
>they don't understand that simply absorbing the feel of something is 90% of the enjoyment from it and total understanding is unimportant
>>
>>17836822
>ENTP
>literally the sophist bullshit-artist personality type
>tend to be excellent in conversing at parties
>can be good at landing business deals and other client oriented roles also
>>
>>17836833
>tfw have a successful career in contract negotiation

feels good man
>>
File: 1471129130053_0.gif (2MB, 300x262px)
1471129130053_0.gif
2MB, 300x262px
>>17836289
The fact that you believe in this obnoxious generalization is enough me to know not to date you, do you really think all humans somehow fit in your little diagram of personalitys?
>>
>>17836436
Well some would say it's impossible to be in a relationship with me. I rarely go out or socialize, I dont want sex until a year or two after knowing someone and I need alone time. I also like logic and I'm not too sensitive about things.

>>17836519
How are they awful? Most intjs I have known have a low self esteem, so maybe that is why you think this.

>>17836570
Well I'm kind of the same. My jokes are morbid and I hate most of humanity simply because how they follow trends or what's politically correct. I'm bad with empathy when strangers tell me sad things, but I'm kind of good with it if they're close to me. I like romantic things and cuddles but I'd hate to be bombarded wih affection. I'm kind of awkward too, so basically I want someone to joke around with, have intelligent conversations, and read or study alongside them in a quiet room.
Do a lot of intjs like joking around? I don't think I could be with someone who doesn't laugh with me or crack jokes.

>>17836840
I don't 100% believe it, considering I can't even really fit myself into one of them but the general idea is there. For now, it's the closest thing I can think of to summarize a personality. I am sorry for making you feel like less of a special snowflake.
>>
Trust me, you will NEVER find love if you set out wanting a "certain type" of person in such a specific way
>>
>>17836289
As an INTJ male, I am sure you're just another lonely INTJ male LARPing to bait people for your amusement. Well done senpai.
>>
>>17836893
Don't some people want a certain person to some extent?
Some people are monogamous, while others are okay with seeing multiple people.
Some people enjoy listening to others talk about cars for hours, others would be bored out of their mind.
There is a reason for compatibility.

>>17836898
Nope, I have always had double x chromosomes
>>
File: 1481248157603.jpg (85KB, 903x714px)
1481248157603.jpg
85KB, 903x714px
>>17836890
>Most intjs I have known have a low self esteem
yeah I'm pretty sure that's the reason I'm a terrible person to be around. Same for most of the robots.
>>
>>17836907
well in that case good luck to you my friend because I have searched and searched and to no avail got nothing. I'm sure people like us rarely meet because we're most likely at home playing videogames or watching movies.

Anyways, you'd probably find me in an electronics/hardware shop, a library, a bookstore, a movie theater, at home or sometimes walking aimlessly while listening to music.

We are not really robotic, we just need someone who is on our level.
>>
>>17836890
>>17836907
WHERE
H
E
R
E
>>
>>I'm an INTJ
>>Can't into relationships
>>Can't into casual sex
>>
I'm more or less a prototype intj, also a 21 yo virgin, but not as autistic as most of my peers in class.
I'm studying physics and I think there are some more intjs there, so I guess search for physics students, make friends with them and let them take the test.
>>
>>17836917
Very true, I love being cooped up in my room. I'm usually so scared to approach people though and it seems everytime I meet someone I might be interested in, they end up being dysfunctional, creepy(as in trying to take things too fast), or not interested in the things I am. I'll spark up about physics, space or ideas, while they look bored or confused and say ok or tell me they already went through school so they don't want me talking about 'school' stuff. Also, guys I meet want to talk specifically about shows, music, celebrities, pointless things about what happened that day etc. Yeah, I like hearing about interesting things that happened to you lately, yet I feel this emptiness not being able to share my thoughts and have more feedback than 'ya....let's talk about sports'. I don't understand why I can't meet one single guy I can talk to. Maybe I'm doomed, maybe im picky, maybe I don't even want a relationship...I dunno.
>>
>>17836920
Where?
>>
>>17836961
Kek that happens to me except I don't randomly approach people I don't know. Always found that super creepy. My only friends are the people I have to communicate with on a daily basis. But I get what you mean, I'm also bored about most trivial subjects. Who cares about what X did last week? Who cares if Z cheated on M? It's superfluous, but apparently it's part of the game. Anyways, make sure you go to places where people like us usually meet, at conventions, book reads, operas, etc. If you're decent-looking you'll have all sorts of weirdos into you and maybe one in ten will actually turn out to be somewhat decent.
>>
>>17836981
If I don't randomly approach people at said locations how do I 'meet' them? Sorry, socializing confuses me.
>>
>>17837006
That, my friend, is what I've been trying to figure out for a while. It's just weird. Are we supposed to approach a stranger and say "Hi, I'm Anon. Nice to meet you, how are you?" That is ridiculous.
>>
>tfw nobody likes ISFJ guys

What do
>>
>>17837006
>>17837009
online, like this thread right here.
>>
>>17837018
I'm paranoid about that, actually. What if people I know will see the profile and be like "Oh lol look at this guy. he is online dating. What a loser!"
>>
>>17837022
not dating sites, they're a crock of shit. I meant places like 4chan.
>>
>>17837018
Meeting people online is scary because you cannot see their physical mannerisms, which usually alert instincts as to whether the person is someone to fear or someone friendly.
>>
>>17837031
Oh yeah, that'd go down great I'm sure. Also, I'm from Portugal, not the US or UK, where most anons are from.

But it would be interesting. But then you'd be linked to this website forever.
>>
>>17837034
sounds more like you are able to filter out all the awkward autists, probably removing 99% of these INTJs too.
>>
>>17837037
German intj here
Good luck :)
>>
>>17837057
good luck krautbro

and fix your fucking country
>>
>>17837059
Well I don't think we're doing that bad over here
>>
lol, make sure you start your thread with

>im a girl

guaranteed replies
>>
>>17836289

Would you take an INFP /-T instead?
>>
This is ridiculous.
>>
>>17837050
Mostly mean filtering out rapists and assholes

>>17837057
Thank you

>>17837075
Lol

>>17837127
Probably

>>17837133
How?
>>
I'm an INTJ according to an online test, when could we get married ?
>>
File: us irl.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
us irl.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>17836289
Reminder that INTJ male and INFP female is comfy af.
>>
>>17836890
your description fits what I like pretty accurately, I'm INTP though.
pls let's give eachother intelligent conversations and romantic things

r
>>
>>17836939
I'm also INTJ.
I accidentally had a one-night stand once a few years ago and didn't like it. I don't pursue casual sex at all anymore.
I do fine in relationships.
I'm ridiculously selective, though, so I'm often single for at least a few months between lengthy relationships. I prefer cute thin Asian girls who like complex systems and are a bit introverted themselves, ideally from top universities like mine.
>>
>>17836968
I was asking OP what city she lives in, since she keeps ignoring the question and it is relevant. If she would answer it, she might be able to find a potential candidate bf in this thread. Instead she is being verbose yet paranoid.
>>
>>17836961
>I love being cooped up in my room
Same, usually coding or researching or planning or emailing or IMing or here.
>I'm usually so scared to approach people though
I am almost incapable of approaching strangers in social settings unless someone I know is nearby or I am in a formal context with well-defined codes of behavior to make common interests more likely and prevent rejection (e.g. booths at a trade show, queuing to talk to the speaker after a presentation, etc).
>it seems everytime I meet someone I might be interested in, they end up being dysfunctional
How so?
>creepy(as in trying to take things too fast)
I move very slowly also. Sometimes it takes me 2-3 dates to even kiss a girl. I like to message for at least a week or two beforehand so that I know we can hold a conversation; dislike bad-date awkwardness
>not interested in the things I am.
95%+ of women
>I'll spark up about physics, space or ideas, while they look bored or confused and say ok or tell me they already went through school so they don't want me talking about 'school' stuff.
Same
>Also, guys I meet want to talk specifically about shows, music, celebrities,
Same but women
>pointless things about what happened that day etc.
This usually turns into me talking about economic forces or industrial development or sociology to respond.
>I don't understand why I can't meet one single guy I can talk to.
Due to looking in the wrong places and ignoring some of the right ones. Like this thread. Or OKC. Or CMB.
>Maybe I'm doomed,
Only if you keep ignoring the right venues and trying to date boring normal people.
>maybe im picky,
You're supposed to be.
>maybe I don't even want a relationship...I dunno
Not with a boring person. I wouldn't either. But there are almost 3x as many INTJ males as INTJ females, so frankly this isn't hard to solve. Just stay thin and put up a profile, or find someone here in your city.
>>
>>17837015
Go make your own thread, presumably...? I hear it's a popular topic on /r9k/.
>>
>>17837022
Lolwut. One of my best ex gfs was from OKC. Also the probability of anyone you know seeing your profile is tiny. And easily half of my good friends in this city use either CMB, Tinder, or both.
>>
>>17837034
Ok so talk over Skype first using a burner skype-ID. I just solved your problem completely.
>>
>>17837034
... which is why a first date is always in a public place in the middle of the day and you don't give each other your last names or any reverse-searchable photos beforehand. People have been meeting others from profiles and listings for literally hundreds of years. This is a solved problem.
>>
>>17837070
>half of German newborns are African or Muslim
>not doing too bad
You're going to spend your 70s and 80s getting beaten up and robbed by Muslims you idiot. And your 50s being a tax slave to them, paying their jizya through your welfare system. Fix your country.
>>
>>17837127
>literally the emo personality
kys; you will never make money in music or graphic design; you will make me lattes or overpriced Asian-fusion food and cry about your life at night because -T
>>
>>17836289
the personality test is a meme
as an example I usually get INTP but I actually have (normal) friends, a girlfriend, barely play video games at all, actually work hard and don't bounce around shit, etc.

Its a horoscope test basically that is actually poor at determining most things once you get down to it.
>>
>>17837334
>I was close to the middle of the scale on most traits
>therefore the test is useless for people with actual differences from the mean
>also, can't into factor models
>>
INTJ here.

Why? We tend to be a bit distant and cool on the emotional side. I'm pretty balanced (52% I 48% E) although I can be very introverted.
>>
>>17837340
>(You)
The entire thing is considered to be basically a horoscope even by people who actually do psychology shit for a living
>>
>>17837378
Tell me about the most recent large party you went to. Also, on Facebook, how many friends do you have? Do you prefer working in a quiet environment on particular projects, or making calls and conducting meetings and negotiating?

Do you tend to focus on broader patterns in the world, or do you focus more on your immediate surroundings? Would you rather be an economist or an accountant? Construction foreman or structural engineer? Operations manager or research manager?

When making a decision, do you focus more on emotional appeal or cost-benefit analysis and specific reasons? When comforting a friend, do you talk about how difficult it is to feel that way and relate your own past feelings, or try to analyze the situation to show how it wasn't necessarily their fault or find potential ways to improve it? Would you rather program a computer or write a love story? Study mathematics or music composition? Etc.

Do you have a particular area in which you are very talented? Do you prefer to diligently refine your skills in a particular area, or do you prefer to dabble in a wide range of pursuits? Hardcore or casual? Do you finish your projects typically or move on to the next one? Do you have a 10-year plan, a 5-year plan, a 1-year plan, and a weeks-to-months plan for life, or do you prefer to go with the flow?

Are you emotionally stable or more neurotic? /-A vs /-T is just big-5 neuroticism which is an extensively validated construct so I'll leave it at that.
>>
>>17837378
>>17837423
Also, you're wrong. Numerous studies have shown quite favorable construct validity and item validity for the MBTI. Here take a look:
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=mbti+construct+item+validity&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C14&as_vis=1

I will agree, though, that the big-5 typically does even better. You can find articles about that (and sensationalistic pieces in the popular press like Psychology Today, too, if you want). But some of the factors that it measures are different, so they aren't clean substitutes for one another.

With regard to personal behavior, you are doing the equivalent of confusing weather vs climate. The tests focus on general tendencies. They cannot tell you exactly what you will do every single day, or how much that might vary. And no personality test is perfect, in general.
>>
>>17837184
Made me smile haha

>>17837229
I have heard that too and I didn't believe it until I met some intjs

>>17837233
Haha XD

>>17837256
Yeah I don't understand casual sex, my friends do it but I see it as a waste of time if it's not leading anywhere. Call me a prude but I also see sex as something that is a display of love and its purpose is corrupted when not used as an act of love, that's just my opinion though.

>>17837265
I doubt I live near you guys, I live in alberta.

>>17837297
Thank you for making a detailed and organized reply

>how so
Dysfunctional as in alcoholics, anger issues, calling me vulgar names

>I move very slowly...
I find that endearing, I had my first kiss when I was eighteen haha and I am pretty sure I totally messed it up.

>Due to looking in the wrong places...
I'm not sure what CMB is? I have given up on dating profiles because people usually lie about who they are.

>>17837315
Yeah, I guess I'm just overly paranoid about everything. I have an irrational fear of people's intentions. I rarely give out my first name online.

>>17837334
I'm confused, the mbti description of an intp does not contain video games or not having a girlfriend...it's basically introverted, intuitive, logical and perceptive.

>>17837365
I'm balanced with P and J
>>
>>17836289
>2017
>falling for the myers-briggs type indicator meme
>using anything but the hexaco personality inventory
>>
>>17837476
>Yeah I don't understand casual sex, my friends do it but I see it as a waste of time if it's not leading anywhere. Call me a prude but I also see sex as something that is a display of love and its purpose is corrupted when not used as an act of love, that's just my opinion though.

The first time with a new partner is, on average, the most awkward, the most prone to anxieties or incompatibilities, and the most prone to misunderstandings, as well as the most risky in various respects.

For people who focus on casual sex, especially one-night stands, almost every single time they have an encounter, it is by definition a first-time encounter. So the quality is lower and the risks are higher.

Plus they don't care about the person as much. So why not just get a prostitute at that point? Likely to be more attractive and less diseased.

Ironically I still do use Tinder. I just use it for normal dating. There are plenty of girls there who do as well.

CMB = Coffee Meets Bagel. It's a more long-term-oriented version of Tinder with more professional people using it, on average.

Also Hinge if you have an iPhone.

OKC = OKCupid, but the classic issue here is getting too many msgs and all from unsuitable guys. So requires more screening work. You can just filter by match% though which helps. Also you can very easily get a date with almost any guy on the site if you yourself message him, assuming you are thin, smart, compatible with him, and have good photos and profile responses. Women have far more power than men in online dating.
>>
>>17836289
Would an ISTJ do?
>>
>>17837523
The other issue with OKC is over 90% of messages go to like 10% of people. Everyone looks at and focuses on mostly the top people, who then become so overloaded with messages or overcommitted in general that they ignore you or take forever to schedule or make you compete with 15 other people 'interviewing' lol. CMB limits the number of people you can see per day and only allows messaging once both parties have indicated interest. Tinder at least does the latter. This solves the inbox-problem, though it's still a bit winner-take-all. On these platforms, the most successful men are more selective (don't accept everyone), while the most successful women (in terms of starting a relationship) are actually less selective in percentage terms and focus more on bio/profile than solely photos. If you just go for the guys who look like models, you will get lied to and used. So you have to judge. But, then, so do we.

People who lie on their profiles usually reveal themselves if you ask enough questions. Or notice poor grammar or other factors revealing a low IQ etc. Intentionally going slow (and mentioning on profile) also weeds out a lot of the players/sluts in the first place. So there are strategies, definitely.
>>
File: Smells like Heaven.jpg (96KB, 1024x706px) Image search: [Google]
Smells like Heaven.jpg
96KB, 1024x706px
>>17837476
>I have heard that too and I didn't believe it until I met some intjs

This was something that came up years after we had been dating, but it does explain a lot. We had that natural "click" and everything has worked its way out since.

Are you a sub because my girlfriend is. She's super submissive and qants to be a housewife/stay at home mom while I do my own career thing.
>>
>>17837476
>>how so
>Dysfunctional as in alcoholics, anger issues, calling me vulgar names
Alberta.
>paranoid
Somewhat reasonable. Most sites don't require your real name. Apps do, but only use your first name, and iirc most allow using a fake one. In photos, be sure not to use ones that could be reverse-image-searched back to you. Disable any public or search engine indexed profile option in account settings. Etc. Then just meet in a public place at midday. You can even use a burner phone number with various burner apps if desired. (It's definitely not like I've ever done all of these things, haha.)

On campus, DateMySchool was kinder and nicer than the other sites which tended to have less responsive or more experienced people.
>>
>>17836289
my boyfriend are intjs
i'm isjft... so as you probably can guess we have some major problems in our relationship, but we've been together for 3 years and i love him with all my hearr <3
it's though hard not to have an emotional suppoet all the time, cause he doesn't really understand my emotions. so i would say only go for the type if you yourself doesn't have a big emotional recation to things !

it takes a lot to make it work when you are so different! .
>>
>>17837550
This is why I only date INT* and IST* girls. It's not like I know in advance, but when it works out they usually end up being one of those types. E*** types are too busy partying and tend to be more into casual sex, and very judgmental of social prowess (e.g. 'if your weekend is not busy, then you must be a loser, even if you make 6x more money than me, and I do not date losers'), so they usually don't want me. There were 2 exceptions in the past to that rule though.
>>
>>17837550
wow that was bad spelling i'm sorry!!
but i'm though serious in what i'm writing the personality type is very hard to be with, not because my bf is a bad person, but he have no friends besides me and his little brother and some people he plays with (never met them) he is prone to get a little angre because i'm very emotional and i honestly think it stresses him because he knows he's not able to be there for me and react proper to my emotions, he have waaaay to high expertations for himself, he's very smart but anything less than perfect isn't good enough. if you talk and example i want to talk about something he doesn't see as relevant or interesting enough he'll space out in a matter of seconds and our conversation will be over.
it's honestly very hard being with a person like that!
not saying i wouldn't choose him again if i could, cause i would we have good times often and he's amazing, intelligent, funny and i just really care for him!
but on an emotional level it's just very hard and when you're with someone like that you have to prepare for feeling stupid and alone sometimes, even though you're not!
>>
>>17837565
well i would say it's kinda smart to date people with the same traits as yourself! i'm not overly social and i don't party, so on that point my bf and i match super, i though have a small group of friends 4 that i see and drik coffee with, go shopping and fitness with, my bf have none. the biggest different is, i need validation from him and emotional support, i'm very emotional and i tend to over stress myself cause i can't say no.
and he's just not good with emotions! it's not like he doesn't want to! he really wants he just doesn't know how.
>>
>>17837550
>>17837578
>if you talk and example i want to talk about something he doesn't see as relevant or interesting enough he'll space out in a matter of seconds and our conversation will be over.
Are you a non-native English speaker? What is your first language? Just curious.
>>
>>17837543
I'm definitely not a sub, i need my own stability and independence. I'm currently in school. If I had a child though, I would prefer to stay at home because I believe it's important for a child to have a good bond with their parents rather than frequentig various day cares.

>>17837523
I agree with you and thank you for further explanation,

>>17837527
I tend to not get along with sensory vice versa, yet it depends on various factors.

>>17837548
Haha, it's too bad..I'm kind of stuck in his place. I do some of those things, have all my social media pictures private.
>>
>>17837592
i'm not english and i'm writing on my phone which makes it 10x worse! sorry!
and i'm fucking bad at " , " again i'm sorry hope what i'm writing is readable !
>>
>>17837595
i'm danish btw :)
>>
>>17837593
Interesting. Maybe that's just us then.

Well I know INFPs in general can be very supportive (maybe submissive was the wrong word) which goes well with INTJs ambition and independence.

Are you real young? A lot of what you're describing sounds like how my girlfriend was in college.
>>
>>17837600
Yes I am in my early twenties. I am pretty supportive of the people I love.
>>
>>17836289
That's crazy OP.
you wouldn't BELIEVE my grand plans & schemes LOL... they're crazy.......................................................................
>>
>>17836289
i just don't understand why you would choose to date someone who can't give you emotional support.?
like choose it by going after traits like that on pourpose? why?
>>
File: comfy.jpg (695KB, 1600x2000px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
695KB, 1600x2000px
>>17837603
Well take this with a grain of salt as personality types aren't everything and I know next to nothing about you.

My girlfriend and had already been together a couple years going into college. We've always been stable and have a great relationship.

When we graduated though, her plan fell apart. The company she interned at let a lot of people go and people like her were first priority. After a year of nothing she realized she had such a hard time finding a job because she didn't gravitate towards any career. She then found out that this is very common among INFPs.

Luckily, I'm set to make a comfortable amount so I can support her and she's willing to carry her weight on the domestic front.
>>
>>17836289
I'm supposedly an INTJ, but I think Myers-Briggs is as accurate as a horoscope.
>>
>>17837256
>I prefer cute thin Asian girls who like complex systems and are a bit introverted themselves, ideally from top universities like mine
Get over yourself and find a white girl, weeb!
>>
>>17837615
Well I guess it would ground me. I appreciate logic and if I were to be having some sort of emotional crisis I'd value having someone who encourages me to see things in a rational way and therefore calm me down. I would rather have someone who gives me honesty than being coddled and told sweet nothings which would only spiral me more into a panic.

>>17837624
I feel sort of the same. I don't have one right career for me because I'm interested in so many different topics. Ultimately I want to do something with science, at the same time I enjoy helping people.
>>
>>17836289
you wont find a INTJ because they are in their own social group and homebodies so if you meet one is purely by chance
>>
>>17837638
i don't know.. to me most feelings aren't rational but i mostly think they should be reacted to and taken care of. but again i'm a very emotional person and i really value peoples emotions.
if i'm sad it does not help me to say "you have nothing to be sad about" because if i'm sad thats just how it is, i will need comfort or a good talk to be happy again.
i don't like saying no and upsetting people, and i guess thats why me and my boyfriend fits together but doesn't.
cause all the traits he misses i have and vice versa, but it's hard sometimes because of thoese very big differeces as emotions, and how to handle and react to them!
>>
>>17837638
Well good luck on whatever career (or lack of) you settle on.

As for the actual purpose of the thread, I'd suggest networking from friends. It's the easiest way to find them. I'm not sure if this will make sense, but If you actually talk with them past the usual trivialities that's when you can really tell.

INTJs tend to like "deep" conversations so use that to bait them out. They won't be able to resist a bite.
>>
>>17837654
Feelings are important and I think many people have different ways of dealing with them. For me, a part of dealing with emotions is being able to take a logical approach and understand why I'm feeling a certain way and what I can do to deal with it. That is understandable, everyone wants to be heard and requires consolation now and then.
>>
>>17837595
>>17837598
Ah, this explains -- cool.

I'm...actually traveling from Germany through Denmark and visiting Copenhagen en route to Oslo in about 3 weeks. Touring through parts of northwestern Europe with an old friend.

Is there anything I should try to see in particular?
>>
>>17837636
Fuck off back to /pol/.
I go for mostly Chinese and Korean girls anyway. Singapore also has lot of smart expats and I have a fair number of friends there as well. I've never actually dated a Japanese girl, though one past gf knew the language.
I get along better with East Asian girls than most white girls. They also tend to be more logical, less focused on social signaling, more career-oriented, and thinner. I went to a top-10 global university and studied math and CS so almost half my friend group is Asian. Get over yourself, /pol/tard.
>>
>>17837627
This meme again. See:
>>17837340
>>17837423
>>17837445
Quit propagating bullshit from clickbait articles.
>>
>>17837636
>>17837714
To be clear, I'm not _averse_ to dating white girls, and some past gfs have been white. It's just rare that I find one who likes me and who is smarter and more attractive than an Asian girl who also likes me. It's just competition. Western media needs to quit telling American women to be fat and entitled and to blame men for all their problems. Although, desu, I think there is also an underlying influence from the second Neanderthal admixture event that pushed the entire population further toward *NT* types. But this is all a bit technical.
>>
>>17837677
>INTJs tend to like "deep" conversations so use that to bait them out. They won't be able to resist a bite.
Yep. They also tend to expound at great length about how systems work and the hidden forces shaping various subjects being discussed. This tends to work against us with most girls, but some really like it.
>>
>>17837743
OP has caused me to realize, though-- in a lot of cases, the players and wannabe-players create so much useless noise with their messages and approaches etc, particularly when lying to pose as something else, that they even tend to drown out other types of guys when the girls are *actively looking for them*. This is slightly surprising to me. But could probably be countered at least partly by the girls being more proactive in looking at profiles instead of passively judging messages/advances which disproportionately come from players. Tl;dr make threads like this if you want an INTJ bf and then screen him using a throwaway email, or join technically oriented clubs, or go on OKC/CMB/DMS and actively seek out people who seem interesting while ignoring most of your actual inbound messages from other random people (in OKC's case).
>>
>>17837764
>>17837743

Attraction in't about myers briggs bullshit.

As an INTJ/INFJ, I am the opposite of attractive to 100% of the girls I meet.

So fuck right off with your pseudo-horoscopic bullshit.
>>
>>17837790
Eh? I was talking about the specific case of girls who were trying to find INT* guys. Not the case of IN*J guys training themselves to seduce random women-- that's obviously a different situation, and indeed, as you alluded, the natural tendency to focus on systems and theories isn't relevant or appealing to most women. Which in principle is fine in my case, in the sense that most women who don't like these things aren't appealing to me anyway, but it depends on what you are trying to do.
It's also not a made-up horoscope; see:
>>17837721
Very good construct validity and item validity, as well as test-retest validity. Tl;dr it's real. Though sure, you can hide or suppress your natural tendencies under layers of flashy bullshit and temporarily exaggerated confidence for your approaches.
>>
>>17837798
Men don't need to learn to seduce women. Attraction should form naturally, unelss you're some sort of PUAfag.
>>
>>17837798
>>17837847

Furthermore, if men need to seduce, it implies women aren't already attracted, which would invalidate OP.
>>
File: intp autist.png (114KB, 1095x755px) Image search: [Google]
intp autist.png
114KB, 1095x755px
>when she wants a J instead of a P
>>
ITT: PEOPLE WHO TAKE A PARTY TEST SERIOUSLY
>>
INTJs are overrated
INTP is where it's at
>>
>>17836289
INTP reporting in. If INTJ people are close enough, you'll find them either in a classroom or you won't find them at all because they'll be off doing autist things normal people can't just walk into.
>>
INTPs are the superior race
erleuchtung naht
>>
File: 7dc.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
7dc.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>17836289
>Being a black intj
Is there any worse fate?
>>
>>17838311
Black INTP
>>
>>17838325
>Implying
I knew a lot of black intp's nerds at my school can't say the same for intj. With that being said you guys are the most chilled out of every type I met hope the best for you guys.
>>
>>17838332
Ty ty. The two other INTPs I know are pretty lax, too. Best of luck to you, Anon.
>>
>>17837727
Nah, you just have yellow fever. Go find someone your own race. Let the others reproduce with Asian women.
>>
>>17837714
I've never participated in a /pol/ thread. /pol/ is a toxic echo chamber that must be destroyed.

You have yellow fever. Any Asian woman secure in her background will pick up on that. Unfortunately, there are plenty for you to exploit who aren't.
>>
Spruce grove a shit
>>
The Myers-Briggs test is a load of crock that only serves to limit the full spectrum of human personalities, just fyi
>>
Personality Types are some generalized bullshit, if you can't find someone and you're off doing your own thing all the time, and you're incapable of connecting to others, you might be INTJ whatever, but you're also having other issues.
>>
>>17839164
How does it limit anything?

It's purely descriptive, not prescriptive.
>>
>>17836289
>implying any of that shit is real
>>
>>17837256
Muh qt 3.14 azn grills. Can you fucking hear yourself? Omg haha, holy fucc I'm dying
>>
>>17839188
Well one thing is that it boils down the complexity of human behavior to a mere 16 tendencies. Another is that you aren't liable to be any one at every point in your life. Another is that people easily and often break these molds.

I can tell you that this breakdown is typical to TJ sorts. I've always had their tendency towards analysis, but I've always rung up as FP. Why is that?

Well when I take the test, I find myself torn as to whether I should answer to my behavior or my ideals. There's another criticism, from yours truly: you are not the same person in person that you are in your head.

I've had better luck understanding myself by just projecting onto what zodiacs say and seeing what actually reflects how I feel and act. I don't believe them, but if they operate on confirmation bias, I play to that. I'd suggest taking the same, mindful approach with any of these personality tests or categories.
>>
>>17836289
my boyfriend is a perfect intj. just boasting.
>>
>>17836289
lol ftw when I'm ENTJ and my boyfriend is an INTJ.

Its hard being with an introvert sometimes desu
>>
>>17839447
wtf that post was full of typos
*TFW and I never wrote desu.

To elaborate, I think my boyfriend is autistic but maybe its just because he's an INTJ?

He learned social skills because he intensively taught himself. He forced himself to go out and learn despite anxiety and learned and watched countless pickup videos/podcasts. He's good at it now because he started when he was 13/14 but all of it seems very calculated and unnatural to me. I've always been an extrovert, love people, easy to socialize, etc and its innate to me, so I had a hard time understanding him.
>>
>>17836289
INTP male here, but not basement dweller or virgin or even a nerd. Im like a quiet normie who doesn't socialize much. Kinda sucks..
Anyway;

>Where do I find them?

Can't even answer that myself. The only personality type you can consistenty find somewhere are the extroverted types in nightclubs. Thats it.

Unless you're cool with enrolling into an engineering class at uni just to find a bf, but in that case I hope youre into chinese guys lmao.

And you're going to have to push yourself to approach them because they will definitely not approach you unless drunk.

Good luck with it all, and it's good to see there are girls out there who specifically like that type of personality. I've only really had extroverted gfs and they always saw my reserved personality as a negative. Oh well
>>
You may one day find a INTJ guy that perfectly fits into your description of a perfect guy

But I'm willing to bet that you wont be abke to fall in love with that person

Love wont happen because you want it to or with the person you currently think it will do, love just happens without it needing to fit your personal criteria
>>
File: 1464052707749.jpg (87KB, 821x656px) Image search: [Google]
1464052707749.jpg
87KB, 821x656px
>>17836519

>Am INTJ
>Currently in a relationship I can't handle

Beyond accurate. At the end of the day, I think we're made to be alone.
>>
>>17838372
>>17838783
There is no point in responding to a claim like this. It isn't falsifiable. It's a no-true-Scotsman argument. By your reasoning, no one should ever date anyone of a different background, or have any aesthetic preferences at all-- which is obviously ludicrous.
>>
>>17839395
It's the Internet. It's anonymous. People speak more directly on such venues. By all means, focus on dating some other kind of person. Maybe fat black girls, if that's your thing.
>>
>>17836366
>let's have a real relationship over 4chan
the point of no return
>>
>>17836289
INTJ, dating INFP.
Best relationship I've ever had.

A mature INFP and a mature INTJ work well together. Make sure you date an INTJ who is sensitive enough to talk about their feelings. Make sure that you have your feelings in check and not get overly dramatic.

As to where you can find INTJ - STEM courses, medical courses, online.
>>
>>17836289
I'm an 18 yo male INTJ. Too bad I'm looking for a qt boy to date. Sorry to disappoint, but we're all into guys.
>>
>>17839469
Kill yourself.
>>
Which tests are you guys taking?
Im interested in this
>>
>>17841122
Meyers Briggs Personality Test. Apparently I'm >>17841035 actually INTP now, rather than INTJ. Cool stuff, so I've evolved some.
>>
>>17836289
Careful about kissing frogs, OP.
Like HST said, most of em are just frogs, and they're liable to stay that way.

>>17841203
>so I've evolved some.
More like the MBTI has poor retest reliability.
It's completely unsurprising for someone to get INTP one time and INTJ another.

Furthermore, you have to look at the actual number/% to see how strongly your result was skewed to one side or the other: if you got a strong I, N, and T, and more like a 50/50 J/P, you can only really say you're INT* for sure.

Basically, don't overinterpret the results. This isn't a highly sensitive instrument here.
>>
>All these butthurt retards

MBTI isn't a set of defining traits. It's a generalization. You PROBABLY like planning shit out and follow rules. You PROBABLY work best alone, etc. It's not fuckin' astrology.

INTJ autist here and it's about 9/10 on point for me.
>>
File: 1463624324430.jpg (33KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1463624324430.jpg
33KB, 500x667px
>>17841035
I'm a 25 year old bi INTJ. Post steam, fag. I know you have an account.
>>
>>17841203
>Meyers Briggs Personality Test
>$50 quid to find out what personality you have
Im too much of a jew to pay for that
>>
>>17841591
It's free online
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.