[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I work in the unpredictable world of retail and my job is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: CwTp5VuWEAEeao9.jpg (31KB, 340x409px) Image search: [Google]
CwTp5VuWEAEeao9.jpg
31KB, 340x409px
So I work in the unpredictable world of retail and my job is how I afford my rent despite it having nothing to do with my degree until I work my way up the ladder to my ideal job. In the meantime, I am stuck here.

While this is bearable, there has been one last straw that has pushed me completely between a rock and a hard place.

With our last manager leaving and this year already being unreliable, fucked up rotas, general retail hell and all the rest, the arrival of the new one has complicated things further. He is very foul tempered and hard to sway, as well as the most sales driven manager you can imagine, robot on the box and all that. Those ones that don't understand personal situations much at all, you get where this is going.

I live hours away from my family. My father may possibly have a very serious illness. We find this out in a few weeks around Christmas time itself.

I tried to finally approach the manager about this today and it completely backfired, I sat down and explained it calmly and asked if I could have a week just to go down and see him. I told him the earliest I could get back was the 28th if I left on the 22nd because there is no public transport on the 27th and my family want me here for Christmas and boxing day.

My mother on the other hand really wants to push it to New Year and is really worried about my father.

I explained this to him and tried to ask for those few days off and ended up getting a mouthful about how while my dad may be ill, retail is important and priority and that he CAN NOT allocate me the holiday unless I know exactly when I'm back (which I don't due to the unpredicability of what news I get about dad when I arrive home)

On top of this he suggested that I transfer to a local branch, which defeats the complete objective of actually spending time with my father while he is unwell. It was like the idea of a few days off when I work a six day week seemed ridiculous but I guess that is retail.
>>
(CONT)

I ended up showing my emotions a bit and crying even though I tried not to but I really feel like it's made it much more complicated because my mother refuses this and is making me come home anyway. I want to. I barely see them and I have only recently had what I'd consider a happy relationship with my dad and I want his final memories to leave him feeling like he wasn't a shitty parent to me. This is much more important than a one time job I don't plan to stay in as well.

My colleagues agree this manager's views and attitude are incredibly cold and he didn't sympathize at all about it and now I'm somehow getting picked on more for it.

What do I do /adv/? Can I really get fired or abused if I just say "it's sorted, I'm sorry, I have to go home, I'll be back on the 28th" and leave? I heard I might get a disciplinary warning for it but I like to think it won't get me fired.

Also on this note how the fuck do I get out? I get a day off a week and I'm too exhausted and on the brink of relapse to actually job hunt, but I need to get out soon because this place is abusive and unhealthy and I've gotten the experience I need here to finally cut loose.

Help please! Sorry this is so long, I am terrible at pacing and keeping things short.
>>
Please help
>>
Quit a get a new job retail positions are easy as fuck to get.
>>
Cannot afford to quit until I've gotten a new job and have no time to look yet
>>
>>17835886
Assassinate a relevant corrupt politician for fucking our economy and destroying labor protections.
>>
>>17835886
Talk to your HR manager. Also, If you are working for a reasonably large chain, chances are they have a number you can call and report his worthless ass.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.