[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my girlfriend is in control of my emotions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: purple.jpg (66KB, 750x410px) Image search: [Google]
purple.jpg
66KB, 750x410px
I don't know what to do.

I've been with this girl for over a year now and I'm just coming to realize the amount of control she has over me. When she's sad, I'm sad. When she gets angry, I'm upset. In both cases I feel like a shitty person. When they're directed at me, I feel like a shitty boyfriend. She makes me feel happier than I ever have, but she also makes me feel shittier than I had felt before I met her.

I'm afraid of her. Honestly, I am. I'm afraid to say things because it'll make her upset or angry, she'll shut down for a few hours and then she'll burst at me with why she's upset or angry. I hate having those fights. It's made me cautious and scared.

I'm buying her something specific for christmas for the sole reason that I know if I didn't, she'd get upset with me.

I don't know what to do. I want control of my emotions again. I used to have so much pride in who i was. But now I just feel caged. I feel completely dominated.

And it's not all her fault. I'm an emotional person. I take things personally a lot. But she doesn't meet me halfway. She says "you're taking this too personally" when I wouldn't have if she just said something a little bit nicer. But she doesn't bend at all. But yeah, I'm emotional. It's not all her fault, but I don't know if i can deal with this right now. I don't know if I have the heart or the patience anymore.

I'm the kind of person who dates with the intention of being with someone for the rest of my life. Lately i've been asking myself, do I really want to have this for the rest of my life? Do I want to live in fear with lack of emotional control?
>>
>>17834664
But I've never broken up with a girl before. I still feel like I love her. I think about all the great times we had, I think about all the times we said we'd be together forever and I just couldn't break her heart like that. Honestly it breaks my heart just thinking about it. I still love all of her good qualities, I'm just not sure if I want to deal with these negatives for the rest of my life. I'm not sure if I really love myself anymore.

I just don't know what to do. Help please.
>>
>>17834664
When you came to /adv/ to ask, you already knew what you have to do.
Leave, this is a toxic relationship. Love is not everything in a relationship and someone who neither respect you nor your feelings is not someone you'd want to spend the rest of your life with.
Yes it will suck, but you've got to dude.
And the quicker the better.
>>
>>17834664
Anon, if she makes you afraid that's not healthy. If you are doing kind things for her because you feel like if you didn't then she would be upset at you. You aren't in a healthy relationship. It will hurt for a long time, but eventually you'll pull yourself back and become who you were. you'll never learn to fly if you are tied down to a rock.
Focus on the people who make you happy when your down, talk to your mom or someone you can emotionally trust. I believe that it isn't healthy to be in that relationship and that the best thing for you would be to break it off. It'll hurt, boy will it hurt, but your life will be yours again. good luck anon.
>>
>>17834690
>>17834707
but how much of this is me? how much is just me creating this kind of reality for myself? how much is this just my mind working against me? do you know what I mean? like how much is really her and how much is really me?

not all relationships are like this, right? this isn't one of those "deal with the bad because of the good" kind of things i hear about? my only other relationship was not as serious as this one.
>>
>>17834755
OP any bit of you that wants to break up with her is you. You are not her, your thoughts are your own. She seems like a very manipulative person and with people like that, from my own experience it's better to leave them.

Not all relationships are like that. This seems like, from the information that you've provided it's more bad than good. you dont buy someone a gift, one of the sweetest things you can do for a person, out of fear or repercussions if you hadn't. That sounds like a toxic reason.

I'm sorry, it is hard to hear but you need to end this. she will get angry, she will cry, it's possible you'll feel the need to stay with her, you have to fight it. It'll be difficult, more difficult than most thin gs in life, but there is a light beyond the dark.
>>
>>17834755
OP, try to read this : https://markmanson.net/boundaries
It might help you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.