[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey crew, Ever since I started listening to deeper music, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3905.jpg (915KB, 3018x1764px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3905.jpg
915KB, 3018x1764px
Hey crew,

Ever since I started listening to deeper music, I've drifted further and further from manmade religions and holidays.

I'm 32. Have a respectable job and my own flat. My ex in-laws sent me a Christmas card and I'm having a hard time not telling them...

How do I tell my ex in-laws to send me cards with more holiday-neutral language? It hurts knowing how invested they are in such a pointless holiday. I know they mean well, but I can't take it anymore.

Thanks in advance.
>>
why does it matter? why do you need to impose your beliefs on other people like that? they can send you christmas cards, just as you can send them holiday-neutral cards. get over yourself
>>
keep that shit to yourself unless you want people to think you're weird

who the fuck doesnt celebrate christmas?
>>
>>17833139
I think if I send them a CD of "Opiate" by Tool they may become more sympathetic to my worldview.
>>
>>17833149
okay mr. troll

no.. they will think you're autistic
>>
>>17833134
Is it really such a big deal though? Yes, it'd be ideal to purge religious cancer from public life but whether your in-laws send you Christmas or holiday cards, won't have any impact on the big picture; and if they are old people, it's unlikely that reasoning will work on them because they are too used to this dumb shit, so they will just perceive you as an asshole, which is a lose-lose.

Also instead of telling them which cards to send, you can simply explain that you don't celebrate that shit ... but the best solution in a situation like this would be to do nothing. It's not like they try to convert you.
>>
>>17833161
Thank you friend. Good idea
>>
>>17833134
OP you have two options:
>Take the time to write a letter explaining your hurt feelings and post it to the ex-in-laws, who will at best not give a shit about your opinion and at worst gossip to your family and friends about what a weirdo you've become
OR
>Throw their card in the bin and get on with your life.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.