[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on my acne and scars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (884KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
884KB, 2576x1932px
>>
>>17832987
That is way out of control for a normal medication, you need to go to your doctors asap and schedule something with him for a dermatologist. Like call tomorrow because its gonna take a while to fix that.
>>
>>17832987
I'm a girl and I used to have acne this bad, it was even on my back and shoulders. Go see a dermatologist if you can, and they will hopefully prescribe some antibiotics- sometimes you have to cure it from the inside rather than the outside.
Often, over the counter face wash can do more harm than good, and if you wash your face regularly, you may be washing too much. Your acne already looks like it's starting to heal on its own, which is good. You may have heard some of this before, but make sure you're eating right, staying away from fatty food, and exercising regularly- drink plenty of water too.
Showering every day won't hurt, but in this cold weather, your skin may dry out and crack. Wash your face morning and night with an oil free, sensitive face wash that has no harsh medications (I think eucerin makes a good one for around $10) and make sure to use lotion regularly, light lotion made for your face after washing, and whatever you think you need for the rest of your body.
It will also help to change your pillowcase and bedding every two days
>>
Step 1:
>wash with lukewarm water, not soap
>fresh pillowcase every day
>haircut that prevents greasy hair touching forehead
>eat well
>sleep well
>no alcohol

If no or little improvement (likely)
>see doctor and use meds

If no or little improvement (unlikely)
>wait a few years until its all gone and then use laser treatment for scars

thats all folks
>>
>>17833064
Also, I'll just say that from this picture alone, you look pretty attractive, even with the acne. If you're worried about other people's opinions- don't. So many people have skin problems. Girls don't care about this as much as you think they do.
I'm sure any guy would be wary to try this, but Maybelline makes a makeup called "pure dream skin perfecting bb cream" and it's basically a lightly tinted lotion that will do wonders to cover the acne without looking like makeup, and it has ingredients in it to clear up the acne. My brother used to wear mine, and he isn't gay or anything, it helped a lot without his confidence and nobody could tell he was wearing makeup.
>>
>>17833081
Why no alcohol
>>
>>17833081
most of these are just memes,

get some benzoyl peroxide if that doesnt work try accutane
>>
>>17832987
Clean you face with oatmeal, and try to find some hyaluronic acid.
>>
>>17833177
Alcohol is shit for you healthwise, dries you and your skin out which means more acne.
>>
>>17832987

First natural treatment is best for long-term results. Drink more water, less soda, less fast food

Stop touching your face (it's hard)

Go to the doctor. Medicine can cause inflammation and it made mine kinda worse

But idk
>>
>>17832987
And once all the acne starts clearing out, start exfoliating for pores
>>
>>17832987
Mix baking soda and organic coconut oil and use as a face scrub. The baking soda will brighten your skin and reduce scaring and the coconut oil is antibacterial. It changed my life
>>
>>17833582
Seriously fuck all of this dermatologist bullshit we all know nothing works. Try the baking soda and coconut oil. Google it. I promise it works, I had acne worse than this and it literally changed the game for me. Use this mix every day as your face wash.
>>
File: Rolling scars acne1.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Rolling scars acne1.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>17833187
>try accutane
That worked miracles for me. Of course, by that point my entire face, throat and back was one giant pile of acne scars.
>>
I agree with the comments on coconut oil. I also suggest getting a cleaner like a Clarisonic. Both clean the pores and aid in the healing and therefore the pore's closing. If you still have issues with acne I also suggest you try Curology. Its a subscription online program that links you to a dermatologist to give you a prescription that comes to you in the mail. I used it and my face has never been so clear.
>>
I just saw myself in the reflection of a dvd with underside lighting on my face. I feel so irreversibly ugly i just want to die. All i ever wanted was to be beautiful
>>
I once read a guide on removing acne a very long time ago, perhaps a decade. I tried finding it, couldn't, so I'm going to paraphrase to the best of my ability here. It worked for me so I hope it works for you too.

A few things you have to know to start off is that there are many causes for acne. People will tell you do this, do that, all sorts of shit and you'll quickly be discouraged if what you try doesn't work. It's especially bad because so many people advocate these absolutely retarded home remedies to slap on your face like a miracle cure.

So instead we're just going to do literally everything and brute-force this shit until it works.

>Hygiene
Do a little research on skincare routines and get some stuff to put on your face. Usually this stuff will include BHA chemical exfoliants + a cleanser and moisturiser. Not retarded home remedies.
Wash your pillow and bed often.
Avoid touching your face.
If you have long hair, cut it short.

>Stress/happiness
Stress is often the cause of breakouts directly and indirectly. It'll cause you to have no appetite, upsetting your gut's bacterial climate, give you less motivation for shit, etcetc. Avoid stress.
Thankfully, the following tips should help you in this regard.

>Lifestyle changes
Exercise. Go for jogs until you've worked up a sweat. I recommend lifting some weights too while you're at it. Getting swole helps anybody.
You will want to maintain a strict sleep schedule and diet, which will also greatly help your mood and stress management.

>Nutrition/Diet
This is part of lifestyle changes, really, but some people claim that dairy can cause acne so you'll want to avoid it until you're certain. Other things like excess sugar, alcohol if you drink often, all sorts of drugs too, generally unhealthy things like that. Remember, water is a panacea. Take a multi vitamin if you don't have access to a good diet.
>>
>>17833957
When I first saw this guide over a decade ago, I was desperate. At my age everyone had already been long since past getting acne yet I was still getting constant breakouts all over my face. I was literally considering killing myself and was willing to do whatever it took. I did everything written above religiously and, sure enough, it got better for me within about a month. I personally think in my case it was the stress but I don't know for sure because before that I was doing everything wrong. Anyhow, if you do this it'll also help you in various other ways regarding your life in general so I cannot recommend it enough.

If it doesn't work though you'll need to get on that accutane. For scars, surgery. Good luck.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.