[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with hair loss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6685.jpg (25KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6685.jpg
25KB, 288x216px
I'm 20 and I am in the first stages of balding. I recently got on propecia with no side effects but I am absolutely terrified of me getting them, because propecia is my only hope of keeping my hair at all. I have spent the last week reading horror stories on hair loss forums.

The first few days I felt drowsy with some testicle aches so I lowered the dose to 1mg to 0.5mg. Things were perfect for a while but now the last two mornings I didn't wake up with morning wood.

I can't get a fucking break. What are the chances these side effects will dissipate over time? I need this to work for me otherwise there is no way for me to keep my hair. Are there at least any promising medications in the future? Or will I have a limp dick from now until I die?

I'm super stressed about this. General thread about hair loss but idk what I'm supposed to do.
>>
File: GOSERELIN.jpg (27KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
GOSERELIN.jpg
27KB, 500x255px
Probably not. 5alpha-reductase is also responsible for breaking down a few neurosteroids. I would be more worried about an effect on my brain, than impaired dick function.

Propecia is a trash drug imo. sorry familia.
>>
Lol I started hairloss at 18 due to stress.
Don't use propecia. Use minoxidil. Safer and better. I'm now 20 and my hair loss has kinda reversed.
>>
Just shave your head you fucking pussy
>>
U lose ur hair due to stress responses.
>worry
>panic
>anger
>paranoia
>chronic nervousness

Whenever u react in these poor ways, you use your brain in a destructive way. The skin closest to your brain scrunches and tightens, hair finds it hard to grow. Your eyes, what you see the world with, share the stress, and react with tightening of lids and brow. Notice how hairline receding is not seen in people with good use of their eyebrows.

Stop stressing. Start saying O-K to life. The more u worry about losing ur hair the faster u lose it. But it can grow back. It can rethicken. Without drugs. The drugs only treat the hair loss. Hair loss is the symptom, not the root. The root is negative reaction.
>>
>>17833945
Citation needed

That's not how stress works.
>>
File: telogen-effluvium[1].jpg (31KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
telogen-effluvium[1].jpg
31KB, 300x224px
>>17833945
Hair loss from stress looks totally different than balding. Your hairline doesn't recede, the hair on the top of your head thins and falls out. No doctor worth anything would mistake the two.

But on the bright side, it goes away after just a month or two once you get less stressed.
>>
I started balding at 21. Wore a hat for a while and stressed over it for about a year. Finally decided to shave my head.

At first it was weird, but now I wouldn't wear it any other way. I've gotten about the same attention from girls, maybe a bit more. I don't think it really made me any more or less attractive, but the confidence from not having to worry about it has definitely been an improvement.

I messed around with minoxidil, but that seems to kinda pause hair loss, and didn't do much to reverse it. Never tried propecia but I wish you the best dude. Going bald so young is beyond stressful, but don't let it hold you back. No matter how it seems, hair is something really insignificant.
>>
File: shutterstock_108467573[1].jpg (184KB, 500x424px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_108467573[1].jpg
184KB, 500x424px
>pictured: Patrick Stewart and his wife
>>
>>17834112
I've lost a significant amount of hair on my crown, mostly due to traction alopecia, but some of it could be stress too. There is nothing that can be done for traction alopecia once the follicles shut down, short of a hair transplant…and like hell I could afford that if I even wanted to.
>>
File: 99086.jpg (26KB, 548x974px) Image search: [Google]
99086.jpg
26KB, 548x974px
I've posted in these kind of threads before. Pic is me. I've been shaving my head for awhile now and don't miss having hair at all

Just don't be a pussy about losing your hair and man up
>>
20 here, I bought a good clipper and buzz my hair every couple of weeks with a #1. I don't like dealing with hair and when it's short the front grows in a weird direction
>save loads of money
>look more masculine
>hygienic
>no bed head/hat hair
>>
>>17832890
Just shave your head. Having even a small bald spot is incredibly unattractive.

I've already decided that when I start going bald I'm going to shave my head
>>
>>17832890
get off the pharmaceuticals
do nofap for 3 months
begin running regularly or weight lifting
clean up your diet
>>
>>17836328
lmfao fuck off. provide a citation right now that says this would help
>>
>>17835816
You're hot but please fix your eyebrows
>>
Just ordered minoxidil. My hair is shoulder length and I am just hoping the shedding period won't be so bad that I have to cut it short.
>>
>>17832890
DUDE
Just fucking shave it
do not take Propecia if you value being able to have a hard dick
Deal with it
I started thinning at 14, noticeably bald by 18 and shaved it that year.
Just do it, grow a beard and get good body aesthetics.
>>
>>17834148
This
Just shave it
Once you hit 22-30 you literally stop caring because bitches will still be on your dick if you're not a sperg
Ie a cunt who obviously obsesses over his precious hair
>>
>>17836564
No man primps their eyebrows
He's gotta keep them looking burly
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.