[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Female best friend is making it seem like I'm in love with her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: 5lAoo4X.jpg (17KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
5lAoo4X.jpg
17KB, 250x237px
My best friend since I've been a kid has been a girl, we lived right next to one another and have very similar personalities. Things have always been strictly platonic between us and I have no desire for them to be anything sexual, but I can 100% see how things could seem weird from an outside perspective.

We meet up roughly once a week to get lunch or dinner and have gone on holidays together in the past, just the two of us.

It's always weird whenever she or I start seeing someone, because it takes them awhile to trust us when we explain our relationship, but they eventually realise we are telling the truth and we are seriously just actually best friends.

Things have been fine until a few months ago after she broke up with her longish term boyfriend. We still meet up about the same amount as before, but she's made our "online presence" much bigger if that makes sense. A photo of me and her is currently her profile picture on all her social medias, and she's frequently uploading instragram posts of me/us with captions like "<3" , "love him" "He's the best" ect, which she never used to do before.

This all only really became an issue last night when we went out to get burgers and she took a photo of me without me knowing and put it up on her story as "date night <3". My girlfriend was very confused, as was I, and not too happy. She's also started to frequently joke when we are with others about how we are going to get married eventually, and how I'm going to propose to her. It's really making things awkward since I'm in a relationship. I'm only mentioning this because this is all stuff she never used to do.

I'm getting very self conscious that I'm starting to be portrayed as a "beta-orbiter" instead of her friend, and that I enjoy all the messages like "love him" and shit because it seems like I'm finally going to win her over. All the photos and stuff is really quire embarrassing.
>>
>>17832852

One theory I have is that, as we are coming into our late twenties, and she just broke up, she is starting to become worried about getting married and shit like that, finding a man to provide for her ect. She might have viewed me as a back-up guy all these years, which is really shitty if its true because I have no interest in looking after her just because shes finally hit the wall.

I don't really know if she would have any other reason to do this sort of stuff. Is she trying to get my girlfriend pissed at me? Because its working.
>>
>>17832852
>>17832857
Have you tried talking to her about it.
>>
>>17832875

That's what I'm going to do, I'm just kind of tiptoeing around the subject right now because I still was not positive it wasn't just my imagination, but after typing it all out its quite clear to me that it isn't
>>
>>17832875
/thread
>>
>>17832901
update us with what happens op, use the same image but flipped if you need a new thread!
>>
Yeah please update, im curious

I like the flipped image idea
>>
Messaged her there, will I bother posting screencaps or just copy and paste?
>>
>>17832940
>>
>>17832857
sounds like she was emotionally distraught and you became that filler. if your friends knew about you two i don't think anyone is thinking youre a oribter, but rather that shes suddenly devloped a crush on you.
>>
>>17832940
images images oooo please op!!
>>
>>17832940
whatevers fastest.
>>
File: 1.png (16KB, 301x376px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
16KB, 301x376px
>>17832940
>>
File: 2.png (22KB, 321x417px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
22KB, 321x417px
>>17832940
>>17833001

Sorry for posting in chunks like this

2/6
>>
File: 3.png (13KB, 311x374px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
13KB, 311x374px
>>17832940
>>17833001
>>17833002

Blank white box was one of those facebook gif things you can send, wont show up in the screenshot, was just a joke about everyone being drunk that night
>>
File: 5.png (21KB, 325x422px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
21KB, 325x422px
>>17833009
Its out of 5 actually in total, I skipped 4 when making these
>>
>>17833009
dope thanks for delivering
>>
File: 6.png (21KB, 334x413px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
21KB, 334x413px
>>17833012

So kind of getting worried now, have about 10 minutes before she calls. What do?
>>
>>17833012
wtf she's being so weird. I tjink you need to be direct OP, or you might actually lose your girlfriend.

You need to say sharply to her "You and I are just friends and I'm worried you're giving people the wrong impression on social media. I get that you might find it funny, but it is damaging to my relationship so I'd appreciate it if you tone it down quite a bit. Sorry to get serious, but I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from."
>>
>>17833017
take the call and repeat what you said previously with a casual yet serious tone
>>
>>17833017
OP dont let that continue send this message right now before she calls

>>17833021

this anon, that wording, before the call aka now to set the tone, this is going too far

>aw no its cute
>>
>>17833021
Yeah she is acting weird, I mean, she is never serious, which is why I was kind of putting off having to have a serious discussion with her, but even this is a bit much
>>
>>17833028
Send it and post reply
>>
>>17833012
>ah but we are like hahaha

You need to tell her flat out you aren't.
>>
>>17833021
>>17833028
>>17833030
this op. send it and post reply. copy paste that message verbatim
>>
>>17833030
I probably will end up sending that, but the second I do she is going to ring me straight away, she won't reply to that through text, I know her. I kind of want to gather myself as much as I can before the call
>>
>>17833045
send it then wait the 15m you said, or just reply 'im not ready to call yet, making something to eat'

do it or you'll get flustered and make this either a bigger problem or get trampled and lose your SO. Send it now.
>>
>>1783304 Prove you're not an orbiter senpai
>>
>>17833045
I think in my opinion you'll have more control and composure the longer you send it before the call,because you won't have the swirl of adrenaline and fear minutes before talking to her. So yeah send it now and post here so we can guide you more
>>
>>17833049
same anon as this post, please hurry opie I have to go to bread
>>
>>17832852
op k.i.a. 2016, never forget
>>
>>17833107
ffs man
>>
>>17833123
bump, op is a fag
>>
Is he gonna do it or not
>>
File: 1448027497427.jpg (29KB, 446x357px) Image search: [Google]
1448027497427.jpg
29KB, 446x357px
Op here

Just got off a very, very awkward phone call. She rang me just before I could text her, and its too autistic to reject the call, text her a paragraph of serious text, then call her myself straight after so I just answered.

Got straight to business pretty much and gave the nearly the exact same speech as

>>17833021

She was again kind of jokey, dodging the subject a bit but did apologise for making things awkward between me and my girlfriend. We chatted about the subject for a bit and everything seemed pretty good, she said how she would stop posting about me with romantic-seeming captions.

Then I did a big fuck up and mentioned how "I'm kind of self conscious about people thinking we are going out, you know that." And she just gave a soft "oh...." and there was an awkward silence. I then I realised that I kind of implied accidentally that I was embarrassed to be seen with her, that shes unattractive or something, which actually isn't true, she is very attractive, which is why its such an issue for people thinking I am an orbiter. So that was a big thing.

Then I asked "what do you think made you start posting all of that stuff" and she just claimed that she still didn't think she was acting any different than she usually does. I stayed quiet and she replied slowly afterwards "...I guess I'm just lonely after ___ left" so that became a big thing too that I wont bore you with.

All in all, very awkward, but I'm glad to get it done. Hopefully things will start to get better from here and we can still be close friends.

Its half 1 here so I'm going to go to bed soon, but I will hang around for another 10 minutes or so if you have any questions.
>>
>>17833173
I'm glad things worked out for you OP.

In the end, it seems like you knew exactly what you had to do this entire time. Do you feel like you actually needed this thread to motivate yourself to go through with it?
>>
>>17833173
Ya gotta make sure she's alright.

She's gonna be beating herself up for a while. Maybe try and help some of her friends help her, so the focus is off you?

Your GF should trust you to support your friend without crossing any boundaries.
>>
>>17833173
Anon who suggested the paragraph you paraphrased here. Sounds like you did well, man. It sounds like she might have a slight crush on you at the moment, but doing this very well might have saved you relationship with your girlfriend. It's 2:44am here too (Oslo). How old are the two of you, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>17833183

To go about it in a proper and helpful way? 100%.

>>17833021

Was a great help to me, I find it hard to express myself clearly like that, but it was a great help.

If not for this thread I would have put it off untill the next time we met up, then probably actly weirdly by trying to analyse how she was behaving until she put me on the spot and asks me whats wrong with me. And there is no way I would have been as articulate as this thread helped me be.
>>
>>17833173
Good job, your lucky you have a close platonic female friend, its impossible for me lol i just want to fuck or be in a relationship, i dont have any female friends that i just hang out with, i really dont think anyone does lmfao, unless its a childhood friend whatever
>>
>>17833188
Yeah I'm conscious of that, I don't want to make her feel really weird. We chatted for a good bit after all the awkwardness was over, and I'll contact her tomorrow and get chatting again

>>17833193
Thanks man, that paragraph was a seriously huge help, you have no idea. Oslo is actually one of the places we visited! I seriously want to go back. We are both 27
>>
>>17833188
This isn't the right advice. You're going to mess with her head if you go in to the supportive boyfriend role now, and could lose your girlfriend. Give your friend a little space
>>
>>17833202
Glad it worked out, happy to help, get some rest senpai. Also me: >>17833203
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.