[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can online relationships ever work out? Especially ones where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Cxg9akQVIAA5emE.jpg (236KB, 839x1191px) Image search: [Google]
Cxg9akQVIAA5emE.jpg
236KB, 839x1191px
Can online relationships ever work out? Especially ones where you both are sticking to meeting offline as soon as income is enough?

My boyfriend lives a two hour flight away. We're both in our twenties and click very well, and plan to meet soon, but I always see people say it never works out and it scares me a little.
>>
>>17832119
sure it could work but it's a very different thing to meet for real. No matter what you think you don't really know what he is like until you meet.
>>
>>17832119

they CAN but they are the over whelming minority.

>meeting offline as soon as income is enogh

well thats vague. is 'as soon as income enough' a few months, a few years, what? i know online 'couples' who keep pushing back when they're going to meet every year cuz its legitimately not a real priority for them.

and worse, when they meet its not nearly what they'd hoped.

and the bigger question is: say you meet. say it even went well. what next? visit again next year? is one of you going to give up your entire life to go live with the other? are you ready to move in or will you get your own place?
>>
>>17832158

I live in my own place and he wants to eventually move here (if things work out, of course) and experience working in this country

We're aiming for next May, with no pushing

I guess I just stay optimistic and see how we are in real life when we meet and how it goes?
>>
Long distance can work out, it's usually easier if you started off in person though
You may be in for a surprise the first time you meet for realzies
>>
They can work out, of course. We can't know if your in particular will.
>>
>>17832119

They used to be very common in western society, especially in the 19th and early 20th centuries. But usually you would have met first. Sometimes not, though, if it was arranged-- that was very common among the nobility for thousands of years, in particular. Granted, people were a lot less picky and judgmental back then about these things... and in most cultures the concept of romantic love didn't really exist in the first place. So I guess it depends on how much in-person click-ing matters to you.

Tbh, I've communicated more with most of my past gfs via txt than in person anyway, since we've both been working or studying in different places and only really had the weekends, and I don't like phone calls and often neither did they. I also had an LDR-FWB situation on and off for 2-3 years at one point. So for someone like me, I suspect it could actually work, conceivably. But it depends. The LDR in particular just was difficult because we could only visit about once a month, and that's more than most people-- I worked in finance so plane tickets are cheap to me but transit time itself is costly.
>>
>>17832119
Oh also a lot of Chinese couples would end up separated for years while one side went to the U.S./Canada/etc and the other stayed in China, e.g. to keep running a company or something. A fair number of my friends' parents have been in that situation at one point or another. Also common in military families during wartime. But again, would have met and been together for a while beforehand. Definitely best to at least meet in person ASAP I think. That will help decide whether it makes sense to stay together and probably deepen the relationship if it does go well.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.