[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good places to live in New York City? It doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

What are some good places to live in New York City? It doesn't necessarily have to be IN the city, if it's about 30 mins outside, that's fine. I just want to know what are some good places down there. What should I avoid? Is manhattan beach bad? I was looking around there it seemed good, but it seems a bit to far from the actual city.
>>
>>17832054
literally anywhere except for New York City
>>
>>17832054
What's your budget for rent, roughly?
>>
>>17832418
Do you mean manhattan or the five burroughs?
>>17832496
About 1300 Max. I 1 bedroom or even a studio will do. It's just myself going so I won't have to worry about anybody else.
>>
>>17832830
>About 1300 Max.
>about 30 mins outside
>good place

Very, very difficult. You won't be able to rent a shoebox in manhattan for that. You're even going to have trouble finding something in the bronx or hunter's point, which are utterly shitty areas. Your best bet is somewhere on long island, but expect an hour plus communte
>>
>>17832830
>1300 max
>30 min outside

You'd be lucky to get that in Queens (which is probably the cheapest place you can get); or you could try your luck in southern Westchester county/White Plains which is about 45 minutes outside the city but a lot more affordable

>>17832920
Long Island isn't going to get anywhere good
>>
looking to move to NYC also. from what i hear the burroughs are ranked as follows:

Manhattan
Brooklyn
Queens
The Bronx
Staten Island
>>
Living in Manhattan is impossible unless you are a millionaire or willing to share a 4 bedroom apartment in Chinatown.

Queens and Brooklyn are very diverse. Avoids areas like Jamaica queens or BedStuy. And avoid Bronx as a whole, nothing but Dominicans and niggers on section 8 housing. I'm indifferent on Staten Island. Your best bet is a low key area in queens or brooklyn. Living in jersey is at least an hour commute to NYC. Like directly across from NYC is as much as living in Manhattan. You need to live in Jersey outskirts like Union, Linden Springfield.

Personally, I lived in rego park queens. It was a terrific neighborhood back in the day but new malls are opening up and realty is up like 30% from a decade ago.
>>
>>17833302
the job I have applied for is located in Rego Park. I would be making 18.90 and hour, full time. Any way I could afford a place nearby? Would be willing to live with a roommate.
>>
>>17833317
Lol what are the odds.

So directly near Rego Park.
Jackson Heights, Elmhurst, Briarwood, Forest Hills althought that might be pricy. Jackson Heights has a ton of legit immigrants, but its not criminals or anything. My sister currently lives in Elmhurst a first floor town house for 900 a month. She found it by walking around the area. Newspapers and such typically offer places for rent that are official, as in require credit check and all. She's renting off some family owned place.

Good streets to live near are Queens Blvd, Woodhaven Blvd, Jackson Heights. There are a ton of shops in walking distance and active at night. In Queens, like I said jamaica is the place to avoid. Maybe places in Long Island City as well.

Queens is statistically the most diverse place in the world. You're bound to live in some "Little ____", like little china in flushing or little greece in astoria.
>>
>>17833408
thanks a ton for the information. do you regret leaving New York City? does it live up to the hype?
>>
>>17833439
I had to move at 17 because family moved. I love new york city and hope to get a good paying job so i can move back.

I guess it will live up to the hype depending on if you're coming from Los Angeles or a tiny town in Wisconsin. Theres always something to do. Like for examply right now its all Christmassy. So Bryant Park had a skating rink installed right now. All the windows down fifth avenue are decorated with crazy displays.Rockefeller Center big ass tree.
>>
>>17833302
>Living in Manhattan is impossible unless you are a millionaire or willing to share a 4 bedroom apartment in Chinatown.
Totally wrong. Can be done on 100k/year. You can get a studio in some places for 2500-ish/month. You can do even better splitting a place with roommates. It's still ridiculous because it's Manhattan, but you sure as hell don't need to be a millionaire.
>>
>>17833302
>And avoid Bronx as a whole, nothing but Dominicans and niggers on section 8 housing.
such ignorance, 1.5 million people live in the bronx

riverdale is one of the nicest (and most expensive) parts of the city
>>
>>17834180
It's actually a fair bit cheaper than SF for instance. I think Vancouver is worse on average too.
>>
>>17834185
It's still ridiculously expensive compared to anywhere else in the country.
>>
>>17834185
>I think Vancouver is worse on average too.
http://www.crackshackormansion.com/
>>
File: fellowship-of-the-ring.jpg (25KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
fellowship-of-the-ring.jpg
25KB, 500x324px
Try Nassau.

The smartest people in the world live here in NYC. But, it's no picnic. I long for the day when I can move out to the heartland, and live a simple life surrounded by dumb-ass Americans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzMIjOyWOi4
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.