[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My life is going to hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (12KB, 319x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
12KB, 319x415px
What do I do about my life? Let me tell you what's happened to me just in the last 30 days
I started doing this weird thing where sometimes I'll wake up without remembering falling asleep
I found out my best and only friend was moving to Israel
Somebody scratched something very hateful into my locker
I keep getting random nosebleeds
Entire school think I worship Satan because of an argument in class
And my submission into a national art competition was rejected

I just feel so awful and directionless. I've been thinking of running away to California or something. What else could I even do at this point anyway?
Pic is related, it was my submission, but it's also how I feel now.
>>
>>17830874
My nigga, you young. The problem is you not thinking of the big picture. All that shit sounds like it will blow over in a few days. I'll go over every point and untangle to web you seem to have spun.

>I started doing this weird thing where sometimes I'll wake up without remembering falling asleep
Cause you been stressed most likely. Your brain is overworked by the anxiety that it just knocks out now. Great book on the subject "at last a life" by paul david
>I found out my best and only friend was moving to Israel

While it may suck for now I promise you that you won't meet your real friends till you are well into your 30's. Even then with modern technologies you are never going to be apart. I mean really what difference does his distance change in your interaction with him or her.
>Somebody scratched something very hateful into my locker
So what? I'm gonna tell you something as one artist to another. People are not going to understand you. People hate what they don't understand. It's the price we pay for our art. As long as no one is causing you physical harm I wouldn't let it get to you. It says nothing about you and everything about the sheep. Let your art be your escape. It will never let you down even if the world does.
>>
>>17830874
>I keep getting random nosebleeds

That's physical. Something easily fixable and possibly stress related. Honestly that's hardly anything to feel down about. It only feels that way cause you are accumulating everything onto the perception that your life is bad.

>Entire school think I worship Satan because of an argument in class

Shit better than them thinking you worship jesus or allah. Satan isn't even the bad guy in the bible if you read it. He only killed like 5 people and even at that needed god's permission. WHile god killed several thousands and millions. That's besides the point tho. Those people won't even matter to you when you are out of school. Move to a new city where no one knows you. start all over. That's what I did. I've never been happier. I can now be the person I always wanted to be.

>And my submission into a national art competition was rejected
So what? We don't create art for arbitrary recognition. Sure competitions are cool but we become competitors trying to please people rather than artist trying to please ourselves. having judges use arbitrary methods of evaluation to decide which art is better is meaningless. You good little brother. Seriously. Your situation is so small when you see the big picture of life.
>>
Give it time. School sucks, you'll get through it.

Go to a doctor about the sleeping thing.

You'll make new friends. You will become more close to these new friends than you ever were with your old friend.

Whoever scratched things into your locker is a shithead. Take pride in the knowledge that you're better than them, but don't gloat or act holier-than-thou. Just be a good person, and eventually all the bad people in your life will fall away.

Nosebleeds happen, not a big deal.

Nobody gives a fuck if you worship Satan or not. Your argument is probably already forgotten in the minds of most people. If you're worried about it, just be a good person. I'm not a christian, but I think jesus had some pretty good advice when he said to let your actions speak for you. If you act pleasantly to everyone, people will want to know more about what you believe, because they will want to be like you.

Just because your work was not accepted into a competition does not mean it does not have merit. It's just not what they were looking for. Talk to other artists about it, teachers preferably, and they can help guide you.

Being young is a kick in the dick. Don't run away, that's a silly reaction. Talk to a school counselor, or if you don't want to do that ask your parents to see a counselor. Worst case scenario, you can't get yourself to ask your parents to see a counselor, tell your parents you want to see a doctor because of your falling asleep problem and then tell the doctor you've been feeling really shitty and want to talk to a counselor but you don't feel comfortable asking your parents. They'll figure something out.
>>
>>17830906
First of all let me say that I didn't know that blacks came on this website, but I'm very glad that you did! Though I was caught off guard by your use of the n word, as well as your response in general, I accept it.
You say it won't matter in the future but that doesn't help me right now.
I need a solution to my problems right now.

I just want to be happy and I just want to be liked by people. I don't understand why people don't like me or my art or why bad things happen specifically to me.
Even when I'm a successful artist in 30 years, I'll still be really sad right now. Do you have any idea of how to fix things right now?
>>
>>17830931
Listen kinfolk. You need to stop thinking small term. You are sad because you are under this impression that what happens now will always be. Imagine if I said tomorrow you would win a million dollars. Even tho it is not immediate you would be happy cause you see in the big picture you will have happiness. The solution to solve the right now is to acknowledge that now is but a spec on the rest of your life. You are arbitrarily putting emphasis on this point of your life. I can't tell you enough how when you get to be in your mid to late 20's you won't even give a fuck. You probably thought 3rd grade was it. This shit was all that mattered. Then you entered middle school and now you don't even look back and it just goes on. Right now is no exception.

>I just want to be happy and I just want to be liked by people

Pick one. You can't have both. You can either be happy or always spend your life pleasing people only to grow to hate what you have become. An artist needs noone. The people who accept you for who you are in life will matter so much more than anyone else. You are obviously young my little nigglet. You clearly have much to learn about life if these problems are getting you down. I promise you this. We were all where you are at one point. I promise you us that have been there who are older would if given the chance tell our old self not to worry about whats going on in your life now cause the real fun hasn't even started.
>>
>>17830922
Thank you for your good vibes and good advice.
My parents usually are at work so I'm not sure when I'd have time to talk to thęm. The other stuff sounds good though.
I hope you're right about it blowing over and making new friends.

I don't even really know how people even make friends, I grew up with the friend I have now and he's just always been there. Now that I'm thinking about it I genuinely have no clue how people just make new friends.
>>
>>17830940
>>You can't have both

I wish you hadn't said that. Overall though you seem very wise and intelligent. Plus you seem to know a lot about the artist's struggle. I guess I'll just have to suffer for now? Was that what I was supposed to take away from this? Either way I thank you very much for your kind and knowledgeable words. You are very well spoken.
>>
>>17830970
As you get older you will see them as more and more useless. Trust me, you will be happier. You are still very young and won't fathom it just yet. I certainly didn't. I advise you to seek out other artist. They will understand you better than the general population.
>>
>>17830931
>Even when I'm a successful artist in 30 years
Kid, I've got some bad news for you....
>>
>>17830874
Crawling in my skin
these wounds that will not heal
Puberty is a hell of a ride Bobby
>>
>>17831251
Actually I'm already a really good artist for my age and I'll only get better as time goes on.

I also drew this: http://imgur.com/ldCZNYp (it's my Hamilton OC) so I don't think it's an unrealistic goal at all
>>
>>17830874
>I started doing this weird thing where sometimes I'll wake up without remembering falling asleep
Look up microsleeps. This is a completely normal part of vertebrate physiology, and happens to everyone (as well as most animals) when you deprive them of sleep long enough.

If you continue the sleep deprivation, after this there's even a further phenomenon called "local sleep" where parts of the brain enter a sort of light microsleep while other parts stay awake. Very interesting stuff.

Anyway, long story short: sleep more, you're not getting enough of it.

>I've been thinking of running away to California or something.
Got the money? Might as well. Life is short, do what you want.

As for the bullying, ignore it. Sticks and stones. People don't have to like you unless you were planning on being elected prom king/queen.
Which you probably weren't. So no loss.

>>17830944
>Now that I'm thinking about it I genuinely have no clue how people just make new friends.
Neither do i. That's what this site is for, eh?

>>17830931
>I don't understand why people don't like me or my art
Because it ain't that good. Yet. Keep working.
I've been practicing my chosen art for more than 8 years now, and people are amazed at my work.
But it took me years before i got any compliments from someone other than my mother.
Most artists can tell you the same story.
Eventually you'll be impressing everyone around, but for now just keep your head down and keep working.

PS: i'd change the name on your DA. Best to avoid having that sort of thing come up when people google you.
Open new accounts in your name once you get a decent reputation offline and want to start selling or working on commission.
Good luck.
>>
>>17832043
Wait how did you know I have a deviantart??? I didn't even mention it. You guys can't see the tabs I have open, can you?
>>
>>17832117
>Wait how did you know I have a deviantart???
i just googled your art (on chrome: right click > "search google for image").
The DA comes right up.

>You guys can't see the tabs I have open, can you?
No, of course not. Why?
>>
>>17832261
I was just wondering becaus I had da open is all...
>>
>>17830874
As bad as your situation is just think of it this way: you could be an African child starving half to death everyday because there's barely enough food because your home was torched by rebel warlords in an attack that killed half the village.
>>
>>17832796
I am quite glad I'm not African
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.