[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is Yahoo Answers tier shit but it pisses me off. Why do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
This is Yahoo Answers tier shit but it pisses me off. Why do people you know pretend they never saw you in public?

A girl that I know completely ignored me today even though I'm sure she saw me. She walked right in front me with her friend, and when I was going to say hi she looks away. We talk all the time at the library and I thought she liked me, but I'm not sure anymore. Why?

This shit gives me anxiety. Not just with her.
>>
>>17829734

What did you do? Did you make "a move"?

Maybe it's just that someone else pointed out that you like her, and she doesn't, so she is distancing herself for a while.
>>
>>17829736
No, I didn't do anything. We talked yesterday in the library. We talk sometimes because we have friends in common, but that's it. She's really shy though.
>>
>>17829772

If you didn't do anything, then it's probably the second option. Either someone told her or she realized it herself.
>>
You see, people don't necessarily like socializing. They have to put on a smile, engage in conversation, make an effort to respond in a smart way. It's mentally taxing and people aren't too fond of that. It has nothing to do with you, she may like you and enjoys your presence, but she just doesn't want to conjure up a personality when they aren't expecting to.

-Face
>>
Maybe she really didn't see you. This is a good album btw
>>
>>17829799
Yeah, it's a big deal to say hi and keep walking.
>>
>>17829811
It's a big deal to them.

It's human nature to want to be perfect, say all the right things, make all the right moves. That's why when you're confronted with a situation they're not prepared for, (talking with someone out of the blue) they tend to avoid the person that might want to talk with them because they didn't rehearse their perfect image yet.

-Face
>>
Some people are just awkward like that. Sometimes I wonder if I should wave at someone that I barely know. Maybe they don't consider me friendly enough to be waved at outside of class, so I want to avoid that. So I just put my head down and pretend I was too spaced to see them.

Other times I'm just slow to react because of said awkwardness too. Like I'll end up looking at them as I walk by, and then I don't think to wave until they are already too close to notice. Like my arm was paralyzed or something.

>>17829892
This guy gets it. Sometimes I actively go out of my way to avoid meeting with someone so it saves me the stress. Thats why everytime I go to the store I always avoid eye contact with everybody I know from high school, unless they notice me first and wave,which lets me know I can wave too and not be weird.
>>
Maybe she likes you.
>>
>>17829799
Pretty much this senpai.

I've had plenty of times where I see people I know around places and I just actively avoid them (to the point where I take a longer route and stuff).
It's not that I hate them, but some days I just feel really lazy and don't want to really engage in pleasantries and small talk and shit...I just want to go about my business.

Although I'm introverted so that may be why
>>
>>17829892
Femanon here. This guy is right.

I also used to do the same thing if I had a crush on him. But that was when I was 15.
>>
I do that OP
if you're not my friend or someone I genuinely like as a person I wont say hi to you or acknowledge your existence outside of whatever place we have contact in
Unless youre my elder
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.