[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i embrace introversion or force interaction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ad.png (451KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
ad.png
451KB, 470x470px
i've started to see myself and the world around me with fresh eyes and i realised that i'm extremely pathetic in social situations

i often don't realise when people are joking or whether i'm being laughed at or with when i say something
i'm slow to process things people are saying and would sometimes agree to something without realising what's actually been said
people would say things about me and i'd just nervously smile or give a default reply
i don't feel like i have things to say but just don't say them although that is common for me, instead nothing seems to be going through my head so i end up not saying anything at all

how do i change this?
part of my realisation was how little i know and that i can learn things from other people
on the other hand a lot of interactions are just painful and i feel like i should do what i enjoy
>>
It gets easier over time through exposure

It's like playing that boshy game
You just gotta brute force through it until you beat it
>>
>>17828506
both paths are fine. not having proper social skills will lock you out of many potential cool experiences, but you sure can live without them.

your call weather you think its worth your time and the pain of failure early on.
>>
>>17828506
You're going to be massively disadvantaged at life without social skills, especially if you don't have another crazy developed talent to balance it out. Hence it's better to learn the basics.
>>
You're confusing introversion with isolation.

There are many introverts who are actually quite skilled at socializing. Introverts are defined by their need to recharge and relax after social interaction. It is not the case that they either can't, or won't interact with others.

You're just socially retarded. Fortunately, unless you're autistic, this can be fixed. All you need is practice, and to just keep interacting with others. What you need to understand is, nobody actually gives a fuck if you're bad at socializing, unless you're full on creeper mode.

When I first started college, I was completely incapable of making friends. Now I end up with a new solid buddy every semester.
>>
>>17828514
>>17828526
>>17828538
>>17828540

yeah i'm definitely leaning on the side of force through it
will i start to naturally have things to contribute to a conversation because i feel so empty headed
or would i have to say things for the sake of it, that seems pretty counter intuitive and inauthentic

also how do i know if i am autistic or not?
>>
>>17828585
You'll have more things to contribute with practice
Do more stuff in your life to speed this up

Only a dr can diagnose you but here's a fun quiz to get an idea

http://socialintelligence.labinthewild.org/mite/
>>
>>17828585
real autism as opposed to 4chan meme autism is a spectrum, so there is no autistic yes/no. there are only degrees of autism. that said your psychologist of choice will gladly take your money to diagnose you.

personally im not a big fan of attributing your own shortcomings to a mental disorder. if you do dont do it with a free online test.
>>
>>17828540
>nobody actually gives a fuck if you're bad at socializing
Actually, they do, and some will tell you to the face.
>>
>>17828649

Forget the comment and keep trying
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.